Author Topic: A Charlie Brown Christmas is coming...  (Read 19845 times)

Bruce

A Charlie Brown Christmas is coming...
« on: November 29, 2011, 08:17:08 AM »
Come back on Tuesday the 29th for full details on ordering, which WILL TAKE PLACE ON THURSDAY MORNING AT AN UNDISCLOSED TIME (Hint: You might want to be sure to be at your computer between 10 AM and 11 AM CST Thursday morning).

Though not required, you can expedite the ordering process by optionally registering for our auctions HERE. Then when the sale begins, you will be able to log in and won't have to enter your address details.

http://www.emovieposter.com/learnmore/?page=promo_charlie_brown

Freefall

Re: A Charlie Brown Christmas is coming...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 02:38:12 PM »
Come back on Tuesday the 29th for full details on ordering, which WILL TAKE PLACE ON THURSDAY MORNING AT AN UNDISCLOSED TIME (Hint: You might want to be sure to be at your computer between 10 AM and 11 AM CST Thursday morning).

Though not required, you can expedite the ordering process by optionally registering for our auctions HERE. Then when the sale begins, you will be able to log in and won't have to enter your address details.

http://www.emovieposter.com/learnmore/?page=promo_charlie_brown

Awesome, Bruce! How did you end up with the distribution of these lovelies?

guest8

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 08:42:36 PM »
And other APF'ers didnt think movie prints would catch on !! :P

Bruce

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 11:33:28 PM »
A Charlie Brown Christmas (limited edition print by Tom Whalen) will be offered for sale on Thursday 12/1 by eMoviePoster.com!

In October, eMoviePoster.com and DarkHallMansion.com sold limited edition prints of "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" by Tom Whalen. There were three editions, and all sold out in a couple of hours! Now, eMoviePoster.com is proud to offer "A Charlie Brown Christmas" by Tom Whalen. Each of the three 18" x 24" editions are printed with a 10-color screen process (that means they are really HIGH QUALITY!).
    Each is hand signed and numbered by artist Tom Whalen. Here are thumbnail images of two of the editions (we do not have an image of the Silver Bells Edition, but it has essentially the same image the Variant, except that it is actually printed on metal!):

How did eMoviePoster.com get involved in this? We have seen the sale of limited edition prints from the Alamo Drafthouse, Mondo, and other creators of such prints in recent years, and most of those have steadily risen in value since they were first issued. One of these creators is DarkHallMansion.com, and when we saw that they were creating "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown", we knew we wanted to be involved, because we have always been huge fans of the Peanuts comic strip (and the animated specials), and we LOVED Tom Whalen's image for that print.
    So we arranged with DarkHallMansion.com to distribute that print for them, which we did, with the entire edition selling out in hours. Now we are distributing their new print, "A Charlie Brown Christmas", which we like even better! WE WANTED TO GIVE ALL OF OUR EMOVIEPOSTER.COM CUSTOMERS A HEADS UP ABOUT THIS GREAT NEW PRINT, because we feel certain you will all love it (and it will almost certainly prove to be a wonderful investment, because the "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" prints currently are selling for around double their issue price, and we have a standing offer to purchase any of them back from the buyers, and we have not been offered any! Ordering these prints is different from our auctions, so we are sending all of our customers this e-mail which tells you how to order this great print on Thursday morning.

Ordering Information:
ORDERING WILL TAKE PLACE ON THURSDAY MORNING (the 29th) AT AN UNDISCLOSED TIME (Hint: You might want to be sure to be at your computer between 10 AM and 11 AM CST Thursday morning).

Though not required, you can expedite the ordering process by optionally registering for our auctions HERE (this should be done BEFORE you attempt to place your order, and can be done at any time). By doing this, when the sale begins, you will be able to log in and won't have to enter your address details, which will save you a minute or two, which could make the difference between being successful and not!

IMPORTANT! There are three different prints offered below, and YOU MAY ORDER UP TO TWO OF EACH! Please do not attempt to order on more than one occasion, because these are strictly limited to a maximum of two of each to each person, and if you order more than two of any one of the prints, then your entire order will be canceled. Be sure to enter the correct quantity of each print, and check the buy box only on those prints that you wish to purchase. You will need to pay in full (either by PayPal or credit card) when you checkout.

Whether you want to buy one or more of these prints because you want to frame them on the wall, or whether you simply know a great investment when you see it, we hope that a lot of you will take the time to order this on Thursday. The quantity of each of the three editions that we have been given to sell are likely to sell out on Thursday, but if you miss out, there will be some of each edition offered by DarkHallMansion.com at a random time on Friday morning, so even if you miss out on Thursday, you will have a second chance to order.

Why do I say that I believe these will be a great investment? Because there is a massive base of people who love Charlie Brown, and "A Charlie Brown Christmas" is his best known animated special. As proof of that, A Charlie Brown Christmas was just shown on TV for the umpteenth time, and it had many more viewers than the brand new Lady Gaga special opposite of it, and in fact it was the second highest viewed TV show of that week!
    We know that Tom Whalen has captured the spirit of that perfectly! Because we have previously seen the prints of "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown", we KNOW just how high quality these prints are (actually, these are even MORE high quality, because the last ones were 8-color printing, and the new ones are TEN-COLOR printing!). If you are as big a fan of Peanuts as we are, you are going to LOVE these limited edition posters! So we hope you will make the effort to order one or more of these on Thursday (and before you ask, we can't accept orders for any of them before that time, or in any other way than in ordering from our online order page HERE, so please don't ask us!).

Just to go this page (https://www.emovieposter.com/promo/) between 9 and 10 AM CST on Thursday morning (the order link will go live  sometime during that hour), and then place your order (you will need to pay for your purchase at that time, so either use PayPal or have a credit card handy). Best of luck to all of you who attempt to purchase these. We GUARANTEE you will love them!

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 07:35:51 AM »
Bruce, the site encourages us to log on and use our regular account.  If we are set up for CC autopay on auctions, will the card be automatically charged for this sale as well, or do we need to be prepared to re-enter cc info?
-Jay-

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 08:39:50 AM »
While I have yet to dive into this movie poster sub-genre, I am glad to see you and Emovieposter.com take the distribution plunge.  Only good can from this unique collaboration.
A while back, you made mention on this forum of your long-standing interest to get involved in the tribute poster business.  These Whalen prints of the PEANUTS family specials was a great place to start.  His style is ideally suited to the subject material and these prints represent some of his finest work.
I have no doubt that your entry into this market will have a profound effect on the future of this growing art form and I, for one, am excited about what is to come.

Bruce

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 09:07:09 AM »
Jay

There is a button to click that says "Use my card on file", which lets you skip that entering part, and get your order in that much quicker.

Ted

I really like these Peanuts prints. They evoke the strip and specials perfectly for me, and my kids want one of each (Pumpkin and Christmas) on their walls, so I think they appeal to kids as well.

Will they hold their value, or rise? I believe so, and even more so because there are millions of people out there who might buy these exact prints and no others, because of their love of Peanuts.

Bruce

Bruce

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 11:07:54 AM »
You can order now through the link on our home page http://www.emovieposter.com/

If you get an error message, click reload until you get through.

Best of luck to all!

Bruce

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 11:13:55 AM »
The site must be getting hammered.... it won't even load.

Offline wormie

• Hobbyist
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 11:33:34 AM »
I had like ten timeouts, and then it went through.
I think the regular sold out seconds after I completed my order =)
Chengbo

Bruce

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 12:02:53 PM »
All three editions ARE sold out, and everyone who paid and got a confirmation should get their prints. There are links on our checkout page to sign up for a waiting list for any or all of the three editions. The good news for those who missed out is that DarkHallMansion.com will have more of each tomorrow (go to their site for full details). Thanks very much to those who successfully ordered, and we are sorry that many of you were unable to get through, but it was totally fair to everyone, and no one could purchase more than two of each edition.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 12:11:38 PM »
Now that you're done your little experiment, Bruce, how about a larger print (24x36in) and a better artist.  I might be a minority, but I'm sick and tired of Whalen's 2,000 prints a year.  You can tell it's not very hard for him to poop them out on a weekly basis.  Sorry, not a big fan.  At least I waited until after the sale was over to express my opinion. Not that it matters anyway, but it's my way of being cordial.

T
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 12:12:11 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 12:16:52 PM »
Bruce, when you say confirmation, do mean an email?

Got one for a gift, but generally I agree with Thierry.

Also, why the bigger run and higher price? Not going over too well in the screenprint realms of the internet...
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Bruce

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 12:22:46 PM »
You should have been told after you checked out that you were successful. In a couple of hours we will send e-mails to everyone who was successful, listing what they got. Wait for THAT before you are for certain (but if it went through, you should be fine).

Thierry, what is so funny is that the poor souls on ExpressoBeans were CERTAIN the edition was too large, and that they "would be offered at half price on eBay next week"!

I am open to do any high quality edition with anyone. You should put those you like in touch with me! We have the set-up to do these every day, if there were enough high quality prints.

Bruce

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 12:55:29 PM »
Anyone but Whalen, Bruce.  My God, some people criticize my favorite Tyler Stout for doing the same thing over and over again and I say let's talk about Whalen.  The guy uses the same exact design on each one of his prints, a central character, half in shadow, half in light, and a few things around him.  Boring and really un talented, IMO of course.

Now about other artists working for Emovieposter, do you have a legal department at your disposal to get rights to movies, much like Mondo does?  I don't know if they have a legal person, but they certainly know how to get through.  I could definitely send a few artists/friends your way, but the right issue is an important factor.

And Expresso Beans, LOL, don't get me started with these people.  They scare me.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 01:02:10 PM »
Oh, and I personally appreciate the higher prices.  It somewhat stops EBay scavengers from making a profit off starving artists' backs.

T
My Personal Collection

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 01:35:19 PM »
Great print but the site went down like the Titanic!

By the way Bruce since Thierry is complaining too much and since it is the holiday season, you should give Thierry's "Stolen Kisses" - which he won this week at EMP - to a worthier recipient. Such as moi.  8)

Bruce

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 04:05:28 PM »
Nah, he wanted that so bad that he bid WAY before the end, something he never does, so he must have REALLY wanted it (and I can understand, because it is a great poster!).

Bruce

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 05:26:02 PM »
Nah, he wanted that so bad that he bid WAY before the end, something he never does, so he must have REALLY wanted it (and I can understand, because it is a great poster!).

Bruce

I was on an 11 hour flight between Paris and LA, Bruce, so I didn't have much of a choice there.  And yes, Baisers Volés is one of my top 10 favorite movies, so I had to get it.  And the poster is not bad either.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 11:45:10 PM »
HOLY CRAP!  I just read through most of the thread from this print on EB.  What a bunch of whiny bellyachers!  They all bitch piss and moan about everything under the sun, and then the all run to buy the print. 

You know, I said before in relation to Mondo that I'm done with poster drops like this.  I did find it a bit frustrating that a set could not simply be set aside for people that Bruce knows as closely as those on this forum (i.e., ME).  But, I get the "trying to be fair" thing, and all the reasons why that kind of favoritism is usually a problem. Still, I'm just sayin'...

But back to the point, after I got fed up with Mondo drops, shitty websites, inability to handle the traffic, blah blah blah, I was not about to go through it again with this drop, so I abstained (the price helped me make that decision too).  But these Beaners?  They rant and rave about the same shit again and again, and then they just keep throwing more money at the prints, whimpering and whining all the way!  If all those who complained stopped buying, the hobby would get under control.  But, everyone complains and then bends over to take it up the arse again.

I'm sure I'll pick this print up at some point in the future, when the chance comes to take on off the hands of a prospector who realizes that he's not going to make money on reselling it.

Jesus Christ, I'm an attorney, yet I still feel like a sloppy whore when I consider running after these drops like all the others, hitting keys to refresh and stabbing them some more to enter all my information real quick like hoping to SCORE MY PRINT!  Then feeling all shitty when I don't.

I'm going to bed.  Bruce, I love you, but fuck the print world.  It's just ridiculous and you getting into it is sorta like dropping in the mud with the rest of the pigs.

Thanks for listening.  I've vented.  Now you can all scream at me.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 05:26:18 PM »

Jesus Christ, I'm an attorney, yet I still feel like a sloppy whore

Is there a difference between the two Holiday?

Above statement said with love and sarcasm and only directed at the above quoted author

Cj

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 10:26:44 PM »
Jesus Christ, I'm an attorney, yet I still feel like a sloppy whore

Is there a difference between the two Holiday?

Both rent by the hour, cost an arm & a leg and leave you feeling limp as a rag doll after they have had their way with you.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 11:45:48 PM »
I threw you fuckers a softball. Thank me!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 12:08:36 AM »
Both rent by the hour, cost an arm & a leg and leave you feeling limp as a rag doll after they have had their way with you.

laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1