Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 34931 times)

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 06:19:58 PM »
I agree, Mark.

Interestingly, I was going to sell all my HP posters in the next few months, but have decided to keep them for a little while yet ...so they've gone to room 102, close enough to room 101 but with the door firmly locked for the time-being.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2014, 11:25:24 PM »
Do people buy Harry potter posters anymore?

Let alone a book about Harry Potter posters?!

laugh1

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 07:24:46 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2014, 10:36:57 PM »
I wasn't sure where to put this so decided on here, if a moderator thinks it should be in 'Authentication' feel free to move it...

You are so busted, wherever you are.  (Spotted this shop in NYC this weekend)

Offline Silence

• Hobbyist
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2014, 10:43:27 PM »
You are so busted, wherever you are.  (Spotted this shop in NYC this weekend)

Who is that guy in the picture?
MICHAEL

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2014, 12:30:21 AM »
Shopping for the best swim attire (and bathing cap), methinks.

GO with the hot pink and blue combo. It's a winner, and would make that physique shine!  ;D

-Jeff

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2015, 01:28:29 PM »
I'm building up my Harry Potter collection and have just added this US international one sheet for Prisoner of Azkaban. I don't know if this version was used theatrically. This is what I call a printers proof, as opposed to an uncut poster. Note the printers signature amongst other technical information.

Mark

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2015, 03:34:53 PM »
Very nice, Mark. A rare design and the printers information make that a very special piece.

Mirosae

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2015, 04:31:06 PM »
Congratulations Mark. I like this one very much.

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2015, 04:56:58 PM »
Nice!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2015, 03:24:42 AM »
I've not seen that one before.  Very special indeed.
 clap clap clap clap

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2015, 04:04:47 AM »
That is Jollyfine Mark, well done for finding it. happy1
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2015, 10:58:33 AM »
Very nice poster, Mark. I like that it was done in a monochromatic style, too, with the B/W (blue-gray/white) imagery.

-Jeff

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2015, 12:59:34 PM »
Thanks all. The technical info on it does provide a helpful taster of the printing process.

Mark

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2016, 12:48:49 PM »
So, come on Mark. As AP has done one, how-a-bout you continuing this thread, I'm sure you have enough knowledge and posters to put in here?

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2016, 01:22:03 PM »
I can't access my posters currently Paul - I have had the builders in for over a year and the room they are in is full of clutter floor to ceiling.

Mark

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2016, 01:31:56 PM »
Shame, would be good to get this going again...  any takers?

Offline jtoh014

• Beginner
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2016, 09:06:04 PM »
Here's the one I consigned to Bruce that's listed this week:

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4428278

It uses the Sorcerer's title even though this originated from Singapore, which technically would have used the Philosopher's title. I'm trying to sleuth out the title that was used in printed press back in 2001 to see if it was indeed the Sorcerer's title that was used. So for now, at least, I think there are some of these around that were distributed to non-US English speaking countries for the promotion of the movie at that time.

This came from an acquaintance who used to collect some paper when he was in touch with Warner Brothers distributors here. I'll post an update on the working title when I find it  ;)
J

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2016, 12:25:52 AM »
Here's the one I consigned to Bruce that's listed this week:

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4428278

It uses the Sorcerer's title even though this originated from Singapore, which technically would have used the Philosopher's title. I'm trying to sleuth out the title that was used in printed press back in 2001 to see if it was indeed the Sorcerer's title that was used. So for now, at least, I think there are some of these around that were distributed to non-US English speaking countries for the promotion of the movie at that time.

This came from an acquaintance who used to collect some paper when he was in touch with Warner Brothers distributors here. I'll post an update on the working title when I find it  ;)

Was this poster produced in Singapore? (a COO poster?) Or is it similar to an international OS that was printed elsewhere, and then sent to be used in Singapore?

-Jeff

Offline jtoh014

• Beginner
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2016, 07:47:33 AM »
It is unlikely to be a country of origin poster. It is more probable to be an international OS that was distributed abroad. A lot of paper here ofter carry the same design, same title, but a broader "In Cinemas Soon" label.
J

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2016, 12:08:52 PM »
Thank you for the info! 

-Jeff

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2016, 12:38:20 PM »
So why is this being described as a "Singapore poster" when it looks to be the US International Style D. There are no markings to suggest it was printed locally.

Mark

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2016, 01:09:51 PM »
So why is this being described as a "Singapore poster" when it looks to be the US International Style D. There are no markings to suggest it was printed locally.

Mark

this is an international poster, which I have sold. (I sold a copy of this poster, I believe before anyone else, back in 2009/10)
I have no reason to believe it was printed anywhere other than the USA and would like to know how it comes to be identified as a Singapore poster

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline jtoh014

• Beginner
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2016, 08:25:06 PM »
Funny thing is... before it was labelled as a Singapore poster, it was labelled Canadian! So I emailed the folks at emovieposter and told them that this was likely not a Canadian print, and mentioned that it is perhaps a US print or international one. I left the naming up to them, so they decided to name it a Singapore poster. I'm not sure how pedantic I should be, and have no intention of harassing the nice folks over there. What do you guys think?
J

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2016, 08:28:59 PM »
With the Harry/Hagrid style, there is a version with Philosopher title and a version with Sorcerer title - is the Sorcerer title a US one sheet and the Philosopher title an international poster? Or was it also released as Sorcerer in regions outside the US?