Author Topic: Size of British Commercial Posters  (Read 4321 times)

Charlie

Size of British Commercial Posters
« on: October 13, 2011, 09:30:57 PM »
I bought a really sweet Stargate Commercial poster and when I pulled out an old poster in one of my 24X36 frames (that I bought poster w/frame) I notice the bottom edge was folded.  It says it is printed in England; its an old school Simpson's poster.  It is in horizontal format and measures a little less than 36" x 25".  Just wondering if the commercial poster sizes varied in the UK. Thanks in advance...

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Re: Size of British Commercial Posters
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 05:25:49 PM »
Hey Charlie, Yes the Commercial posters do vary in size over here. I'm not so similar with the simpson's group, but there is a few companies that release commercial posters, and the sizes vary some what. 
It's more than a Hobby...

Charlie

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 07:19:17 PM »
Sorry, I was actually referring to The Simpson's.  It was printed by A Bigger SPLASH Manchester Ltd. in 2001....  Looks like it went under:

Company Status    Dissolved    
Company Type    Private Limited Company
Incorporation Date    15/02/1988
Dissolution Date    14/10/2003

Pretty much this one with tweaks...

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 07:19:33 PM by Charlie »

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 03:06:14 AM »
Ah, that poster. It was done by a couple of printers, not all exactly the same design. The caractors and how they were arranged varied some what. Most of the posters were Vertical also, I must have seen 4 or more vertical one's. One in Black & White!!!

Yes I do notice these, being a big fan of the Simpson's... ;D
It's more than a Hobby...