Author Topic: WANTED!! JAWS 40x60 & BTTF 2 'Roads'  (Read 23165 times)

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
WANTED!! JAWS 40x60 & BTTF 2 'Roads'
« on: December 17, 2009, 03:06:32 PM »
Hey Guys..

i thaught id get the ball rolling...

as usual im after my jaws 40x60 poster & the infamous back to the future 2 'Roads' poster.

but saying that T might be giving me his :o ;D

jon

www.Amoviemasterpiece.co.uk

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: WANTED!! JAWS 40x60 & BTTF 2 'Roads'
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 03:46:01 PM »
It's funny, Jon.  I don't remember how long ago I got this poster.  Two years maybe.  And you're right, I haven't seen it around since.  There was one other bidder against me.  The owner of the Back to the Future forum!  (http://bttf.com/)  For the purpose of my Spielberg collection, I'd be pissed if I didn't own this poster now.

And since you asked so nicely, here's a pic.

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 08:57:01 PM »
I've been after that Back to the Future "Roads" poster for years also. If anyone who has one wants to get a good price for it they should tell me and Jon when they intend to auction it - and enjoy the bidding frenzy that will follow.

Mark

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 04:11:58 AM »
I've been after that Back to the Future "Roads" poster for years also. If anyone who has one wants to get a good price for it they should tell me and Jon when they intend to auction it - and enjoy the bidding frenzy that will follow.

Mark

Grrrrrrrrrr....... ;D

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 07:13:57 AM »
Jaws 40x60, huh.........I have seen a couple of them over the past few months, but always in questionable condition.  It's definitely a poster I would love to have in 40x60 though.

Schan
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 11:35:01 AM »
So?  Who got it?  That was a very good price for this poster.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 12:36:48 PM »
Not me sadly. Congratulations to Jon if he got it - and if someone else got it and offers it to me they will make a substantial profit.

Mark

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 02:29:25 PM »
Yes, I was actually amazed that they sold it for so little...  Some of their stuff is WAY overpriced, and some, like this, sell for nothing.  Go figure.  If Jon didn't get it, he's going to have a heart attack.  He probably hasn't, because I'm sure we'd know by now.

T
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 03:37:00 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 03:16:55 PM »
guess i should have snagged it last night when i was thinking about it.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 03:47:59 PM »
Well, I got mine Feb 08 and there hasn't been one for sale since.  So that's 2 years.  I've checked from time to time, but I know Jon has checked like crazy.  With time passing, these posters are becoming rarer and rarer.  When I bought mine, I overbid the owner of http://bttf.com/.  Then I emailed him to say hi, but he never responded.  Another rude asshole :)

T
My Personal Collection

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 04:02:08 PM »
I sent an email to Jon via his website to tell him but didn't hear back. Maybe he got it, but then again I'm sure he would have said thanks if he did.

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 04:53:33 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

WWWWHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYy

GOOOOOOOODDDBYYEEEE CCRRRRRRRRRUUUEEELLLL WORRRLLLLLDD!!

Carson

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 04:55:55 PM »
Jon, sorry, my man.

In honor of all those who've thought posting a want in a forum chalk full of poster vultures was wise: Your Anthem - Click Here

May I be first to sing: Another one bites the dust..uh.... another one bites the dust!

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 04:56:18 PM »
i didnt get any email..... DAMMNN YOU INTERNET!! thanks for thinking of me tho... guess i'll be waiting another 10 years..

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 04:59:11 PM »
Haha! Jon, sorry, my man.

In honor of all those who've thought posting a want in a forum chalk full of poster vultures is wise: Your Anthem - Click Here

May I be first to sing: Another one bites the dust..uh.... another one bites the dust!

This is so true.

I, for one, will never post on a public my want list.  NEVER!
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 05:01:19 PM »
I sent an email to Jon via his website to tell him but didn't hear back. Maybe he got it, but then again I'm sure he would have said thanks if he did.

I'm not sure whether he should thank you, or not.  Because at the end of the day, it's not a coincidence that you posted the link to the sale on the forum, and now it's gone.

T.
My Personal Collection

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 05:01:42 PM »
carson.. if its not on you wall within 1 week of you recieving it. im going to come to your home & destroy you. ;D

so thats 2 now i know of that will spend there life rolled up in a corner somewhere.. :'(

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 05:04:42 PM »
Did Carson get it?  Or was he just making a general comment?

BTW, Jon, mine is not rolled.  It is flat in drawer #13 (under 200 other Spielberg related posters.)
My Personal Collection

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 05:05:47 PM »
in kiddin guys.... ::)

im thinking carson did, the sorry my man.. makes me think he did.. the swine..

Carson

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 05:18:53 PM »
No. I did not buy the poster. I promise you that. I do not collect for BTTF, Star Wars or Indie.

I just meant sorry you missed it. That was a true steal for that poster.

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 05:48:32 PM »
 :o so who......... ???

the mystery becomes deeper...

im waiting for an email offering me 1 now :D

Carson

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 06:10:55 PM »
Jon, next time, take the advice of your avatar.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 06:35:24 PM »
Alright, so I will break the mystery...

And the winner is...

CHAD!!!
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 06:38:07 PM »
I found out that he bought it this morning, and I'm actually very happy that he got it and not some obscure collector.  This is one that he will display.

T
My Personal Collection