Author Topic: Question about some 80's/90's rock stuff - those with a crystal ball please read  (Read 33730 times)

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
Tob, Brude, have agree there, for me all this stuff brings back great memories, quality music (well not all of it!) and very good friends.

Been a bit slack taking photos of the vinyl but just took a snap of the signed Whitesnake 'Ready An' Willing' album I found (story above somewhere!)...

Haven't got a clue if the signatures are legit:
David Coverdale (Deep Purple, Coverdale & Page, Whitesnake)
Jon Lord (Deep Purple, Whitesnake)
Neil Murray (Whitesnake, Black Sabbath)
Nice Ap,meant to mention earlier,I was at the Reading festival the year Meatloaf had his nose broken by a flying bottle of piss,and Bonnie Tyler managed two lines of Eclipse of the heart before she was booed off stage. Fun
Stew

agentprovocateur

Haha classic, bet that surprised Mr Loaf! moron1

The Donington Monsters of Rock festivals always had a flock of piss-bottles flying overhead. eyeroll

The most poignant memory for me tho was at the one headlined by Iron Maiden. Gun N Roses were second on stage and obviously very popular, me and my mates tried to edge as close to the front as possible but it was sooo packed we decided to stay near the middle. As they played tens of thousands of people started to surge forwards which was a very scary time (being lifted off your feet and helpless against the flow of the people around you), unfortunately we later learned two people were crushed to death during their set! :'(

Offline Reel Movie Posters

• Hobbyist
    • Reel Movie Posters
I wish I had a flux capacitor to go back and see my favourite bands like Cinderella, Poison, Motley Crue, Ratt, Bon Jovi ect.......

Richard Pagliaro
Reel Movie Posters
https://reelmovieposters.com.au

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
Fun thread this, takes me back. Mind you youngsters I saw IRON MAIDEN when they played support for THE SCORPIONS I believe. First act was BLACKFOOT if I remember right. This must be more than 30 years ago or so. You had these triple bills in the Eden Hall in Amsterdam. In the same period I also saw JUDAS PRIEST. I was so easily impressed by the giant Marshall stacks and the guitar players being pushed up behind the speakers with a hydraulic lift. Good times. However I switched to the punk/rockabilly look soon afterwards, saw the CLASH in the Eden Hall as well, RAMONES in Paradiso and Milky Way. Still kept a soft spot for the old metal. Saw GUNS n ROSES with support FASTER PUSYCAT in The Paradiso just a few weeks before they went mega global and of course MOTORHEAD several times, best time with Brian Robertson in 1983/84 (?). Oh yes and LEE AARON , anyone remember her?
Never saved the stubs (maybe the one of CLASH), can't remember they had programmes those days, don't think so. I always went for the T-shirts

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Welp, fast forward a few years, and I ended up selling a bunch of the stuff I mentioned in the first comment.  The personalized autographs are about the only things I kept.

Sounds like Wim saw a lot of great shows.  The Ramones twice?  thumbup   I saw them once.  They were one of the best.  Seeing Guns N' Roses before they went global would have been cool.

What happened to AP?  It's too bad he's not around here any more.

nice.thread