Author Topic: Fallen's new home theater in the works....  (Read 19674 times)

guest8

Fallen's new home theater in the works....
« on: September 17, 2011, 05:51:39 PM »
Well i was busy today .. Working on remodeling the bathroom .. changed the timing belt tensioner on one of my cars and hung/rearranged some of my frames in my theater room .. Now I doubt anyone cares about my bathroom or my car .. But I snapped a couple pics of the theater for yall !! :) I have the back wall left to do tomorrow and I think Im going to have nothing but 18x24's on it .. We will see how that turns out ..

Now these pics are huge but your browser should resize them to fit in your window .. But you can zoom in on them if you so choose...
http://alamodrafthouseposters.com/MyStuff/mymain/theater.JPG
http://alamodrafthouseposters.com/MyStuff/mymain/theater1.JPG
http://alamodrafthouseposters.com/MyStuff/mymain/theater2.JPG

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: Fallen's new home theater in the works....
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 07:21:54 PM »
Nice stuff!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 07:25:52 PM »
Looks like a great place to watch movies! BTW your dog looks exhausted. Mine sleeps 23 hours a day
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 07:44:55 PM »
Lucky you have a room you can dedicate to posters/home theatre  thumbup

I guess the acoustics is the room may be a problem. Oh, just noticed the speakers... ahh forget that...

Bruce

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 07:53:06 PM »
It looks a lot like mine. I had fans like that and I ended up moving them to the other side of the room because they cast a tiny shadow and were also annoying in a peripheral kind of way.

Great job!

Bruce

DreamWarrior

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 09:37:44 PM »
Did you know there's a dead dog on your floor. You might want to take care of that.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 10:38:20 PM »
I think his eyeballs got exhausted

tstatum

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 11:21:08 PM »
It's cheaper than a bear skin rug :P

guest8

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 10:23:34 AM »
LOL .. I had no idea this thread existed let alone all the comments !! ;) Thanks Holiday :) 

Its sort of a impromptu home theater .. I just wish the room itself was a bit bigger .. at one point it was a garage but the previous owners made it a "play room" and built an unattached garage. so the floor kind of slopes and all sorts of craziness .. This was our first house so we knew we couldnt get everything perfect and dont want to dump a ton of money into so it works for now. But it has just about everything Id want in a home theater .. 5.1 surround sound (expandable to 7.1 when the room size allows).. 120" screen .. BluRay/PS3 and my HTPC which allows me to stream anything I want over my home network..  When I decided to make it the "theater" room we had only planned to use it for a movie night or something like that .. But now were in here all the time watching True Blood and Sons of Anarchy .. or some reality TV garbage (that I cant get enough of) .. or playing the PS3 .. Its pretty awesome on a 120" screen ! :)

Bruce, Bruce, Bruce .. That fan .. OMFG .. I hate that fan .. Not only is it old and ugly .. It wobbles so it makes noises when the fans running which is a lot because it gets warm in this room. But it is bright as all get out .. Ive thought of removing one of the bulbs to help with that .. But I know when I get up there Ill end up just yanking it down! ;) I dont know if I would move the fan though. The room isnt all that big, I was thinking of getting a more compact/streamlined fan and possibly some small indirect lighting running the length of the room .. Thats all way off in future if ever for this place .. We will probably live here another 3 years of so (depending on the market) and try to sell and upgrade the house ..

As for the the dogs .. Sam is the beast of a yellow lab .. He does sleep all day but hes about 10yrs old now and the little ones (we have 2 others) keep him busy so we kind of expect it :P .. You can see the demon eyes of our youngest smallest dog in what I believe is the 1st pic that shows the horizontal posters on the left (Robocop,T2 and Titans).. Its kind of a wheres Waldo game .. Sam weighs about 120? and the small one Andy weighs about 10lbs. and Andy the small one bites Sam if he gets too close to us while we are holding him.. its funny actually.. :)

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 06:48:36 PM »
As much as I'm not into big HD systems, that does look inviting.

Don't the frames reflect the images though?

guest8

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 09:19:23 AM »
As much as I'm not into big HD systems, that does look inviting.

Don't the frames reflect the images though?

Yes they do reflect, but if youre watching something you dont really notice. I have been considering getting non-glare for this room though .. just a matter of ordering it and swapping them all out. aka .. Im too lazy! :)

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 12:28:30 PM »
It is very cool. A nice room to have.

My nephew asks when's a good time for him to come over and play the PS3!  :)

guest8

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 03:24:37 PM »
LOL .. whenever ;) I actually have my PS3 hooked up in there .. and as of late I play more games on the big screen than i watch movies/tv! :D

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 02:29:41 PM »
Fallen... you home theater pic links seem to be DOA.  :-[

-Jeff