Author Topic: Black Swan International Art Deco One Sheets  (Read 23504 times)

Charlie

Re: Black Swan International Art Deco One Sheets
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2011, 08:01:11 PM »
  Holy Cow, what an awesome reply!!!!  Great work Charlie.... clap

Brian

Think we should tell Bruce's people that his are most likely not theater used?

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2011, 09:47:44 PM »
Official E-mail from La Boca; This clears a lot up....  (you non-believers will be biting your tongue in a few seconds)

Good info but my DS one sheets are 27x40 and are not metric-sized.  What about yours?

Charlie

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2011, 10:01:08 PM »
Good info but my DS one sheets are 27x40 and are not metric-sized.  What about yours?

100 centimeters = 39.3700787 inches

70 centimeters = 27.5590551 inches

Yours must be fakes (kiddin) :o  wynk; mine are ~39.5" x 27"
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:06:09 PM by Charlie »

Charlie

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2011, 10:07:21 PM »
OK I'll pull it out completely; I never do very well measuring while its in the cabinet...

And I don't think the 70x100 is a big deal.  Anyone ever tell you your a bit picky... :P

Charlie

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2011, 10:10:41 PM »
OK I'll pull it out completely; I never do very well measuring while its in the cabinet...

And I don't think the 70x100 is a big deal.  Anyone ever tell you your a bit picky... :P

Yep they are 27" x 40" give or take an 1/8".  The in cabinet error is 1/2".. :)

I would think that if they were manufactured in the UK they would basic one-sheet measurements to fit the backlit frames; I would say we are ok here. I am saying British posters and the standard 1-sheets are 27x40.  Maybe the prints are 70cm x 100cm?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:32:31 PM by Charlie »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2011, 10:22:01 PM »
I'm not being nit-picky.  The international B1 size is 707mm × 1000mm.  (The Japan B1 size is 728mm × 1030m).  You occasionally see that size in international one sheets, especially modern Australian one sheets.

I suspect he was just estimating and none were printed in metric size.

Charlie

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2011, 10:31:49 PM »
OK I'll pull it out completely..

You know I stumbled a bit and almost lost my balance while trying to put the poster up on the board; ended up laying the poster on the floor.  My head was screaming just my fucking luck!  Stupid studio lights...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:33:09 PM by Charlie »

Bruce

« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2011, 05:59:33 AM »
I got a chance to pull these out. They ARE the heavy stock versions and are 100% legit. I have amended the auctions to reflect this, and to add in the info about the fakes detailed here.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Bruce

Zmeanie

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2014, 02:57:39 AM »
Hi everyone. Sorry to get this really old thread up again, but does anyone have an idea on the value of the original heavy stock (very thick/heavy paper quality) posters if you have all four?
I have been googling a lot and i can't find a lot of information on this.

I have the 4 originals lying behind my closet for a couple of years and I only just found out they might be worth a lot... or has the value decreased over the past years?

Thanks so much for your help.   

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2014, 03:07:00 AM »
Hi everyone. Sorry to get this really old thread up again, but does anyone have an idea on the value of the original heavy stock (very thick/heavy paper quality) posters if you have all four?
I have been googling a lot and i can't find a lot of information on this.

I have the 4 originals lying behind my closet for a couple of years and I only just found out they might be worth a lot... or has the value decreased over the past years?

Thanks so much for your help.   
welcome1 Zmeanie. You can check past auction results to see roughly what they go for. Here is the link to past auction results for Black Swan
http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/film_title/BLACK%2520SWAN%2520%2528%252710%2529/sort/17/archive.html

I hope that helps you figure out what they are worth.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2014, 03:42:02 AM »
I think it depends on which way the wind is blowing. A set of the DS went for $1200 fairly recently
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/331057120851

But then I saw another set from the same seller go unsold at $300 a few weeks later.

If you're thinking of selling, I'd prob avoid ebay and go the consignment route (emovie, movieposterbid, cinemasterpieces, movieposter exchange), especially if they're the card stock versions where ebay shoppers may be wary of possible fakes.

Zmeanie

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2014, 03:52:22 AM »
welcome1 Zmeanie. You can check past auction results to see roughly what they go for. Here is the link to past auction results for Black Swan
http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/film_title/BLACK%2520SWAN%2520%2528%252710%2529/sort/17/archive.html

I hope that helps you figure out what they are worth.

Thank you! i have the feeling these are not the heavy thick paper ones for some reason... but i'll look deeper into all of 'em

I think it depends on which way the wind is blowing. A set of the DS went for $1200 fairly recently
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/331057120851

But then I saw another set from the same seller go unsold at $300 a few weeks later.

If you're thinking of selling, I'd prob avoid ebay and go the consignment route (emovie, movieposterbid, cinemasterpieces, movieposter exchange), especially if they're the card stock versions where ebay shoppers may be wary of possible fakes.

I'm sorry but i'm not very familiar with all of this. What do you mean by "the card stock versions"? that they are the heavy ones?
I was just wondering if this is something you should hold onto and that might increase in value over the years, or if i should sell this and hope to get a nice price out of it.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:52:43 AM by Zmeanie »

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2014, 03:59:52 AM »
^
Do you have pictures of them?? This would help determine what they are. Do the posters have the art deco look to them? Are they card stock or just paper?

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2014, 07:39:16 AM »

$300 with hidden reserve. The real price is the hidden reserve, of course.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-SWAN-RARE-US-SET-OF-4-TEASER-POSTERS-PORTMAN-LA-BOCA-ART-DECO-DANCE-/231175018644

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2014, 08:49:44 AM »
$300 with hidden reserve. The real price is the hidden reserve, of course.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-SWAN-RARE-US-SET-OF-4-TEASER-POSTERS-PORTMAN-LA-BOCA-ART-DECO-DANCE-/231175018644

This seller has been selling these since the film came out.
I don't know them but since there's only 1000 sets made i have doubts.

Zmeanie

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2014, 09:38:21 AM »
^
Do you have pictures of them?? This would help determine what they are. Do the posters have the art deco look to them? Are they card stock or just paper?

i will try to upload some later tonight. i'm not sure what "card stock" means but i think it's card stock then and not just regular paper. It's very heavy thick paper that's a bit granular (if that's the correct English word). you can't easily make a roll out of it or fold them...

i know they're real.. i worked for the movie company back then and i ordered these myself to use as in theatre material.... we didn't order many sets because they were actually kind of expensive for being posters.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:39:25 AM by Zmeanie »