Author Topic: Wanted: LITTLE MERMAID poster with the PENIS CASTLE  (Read 45196 times)

Disheveledamethyst

Wanted: LITTLE MERMAID poster with the PENIS CASTLE
« on: August 30, 2011, 01:19:45 PM »
This is an important piece of Disneyana that my animation collection is missing. I'm only interested in the DS rolled version in adequate condition. eBay is trying to convince me this poster costs $150, but eMovie's auction history puts it at a fraction of that absurd number. It you're willing to let the poster go around the value of the auction history, please message me!

The penis poster looks like this:

« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:36:57 PM by holiday »

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
Re: Wanted: LITTLE MERMAID poster with the PENIS CASTLE
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 03:17:07 PM »
You can't hot link to impawards.com. Just sayin'.

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 01:55:16 PM »
You can't hot link to impawards.com. Just sayin'.

That's so strange to me... How come when I hotlink Impawards, I can see the picture? Oh well... Oddly enough, somebody seems to have fixed it for me. Thank you, secret moderator with a good heart.

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 07:03:10 PM »
That's so strange to me... How come when I hotlink Impawards, I can see the picture? Oh well... Oddly enough, somebody seems to have fixed it for me. Thank you, secret moderator with a good heart.

I think it is because you visited the actual website page to view the image (ie the correct way), then your browser stored that image into its cache like it does for all sites, so the browser will show you the image again correctly. Other people haven't that image already in their browsers cache. Sort of like, yes you visited the page and image correctly, ok to show it to you again...

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 12:21:17 AM »
You saw that Bruce just listed one in his Sunday auction, right? ....
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 01:53:35 AM »
Anthony, can you explain why you covet the princess penis poster please?  8)
Chris

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 02:37:52 AM »
I counted 8 penis's on the poster and nearly threw up after the forth. I won't be bidding for it.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 02:40:04 AM »
I counted 8 penis's on the poster and nearly threw up after the forth. I won't be bidding for it.

1, 2, 3, 4 ------>  puke
Chris

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 12:05:53 PM »
You saw that Bruce just listed one in his Sunday auction, right? ....

I hadn't until you said that, so thank you very much!

Anthony, can you explain why you covet the princess penis poster please?  8)

Disney's animated films are surrounded with urban legends. From pictures of topless women in The Rescuers to Aladdin supposedly telling teenagers to take their clothes off. The penis being drawn into The Little Mermaid poster is one of the more famous, and true, legends surrounding Disney films and therefore deserves some historical recognition. Whether it be crude or not, it's a legitimate piece of Disney history that an artist drew a penis hidden in The Little Mermaid and nobody noticed until it came out on VHS.

Since the "surprise" wasn't found until the VHS release, all of these posters remained in circulation and were never recalled. So the poster feels unique. If the poster were not a big practical joke, I wouldn't want it. I'm not particularly fond of the artwork. But it's Disney history, and as an animation fan, it's my duty to acquire and preserve the practical penis for as long as I am collecting.

But Steve, there's only one penis on the poster. Hmm... What would Freud say?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:06:05 PM by Disheveledamethyst »

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 06:00:12 PM »

You are not going to trick me into counting them again nono

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 07:42:50 PM »
I hadn't until you said that, so thank you very much!

Disney's animated films are surrounded with urban legends. From pictures of topless women in The Rescuers to Aladdin supposedly telling teenagers to take their clothes off. The penis being drawn into The Little Mermaid poster is one of the more famous, and true, legends surrounding Disney films and therefore deserves some historical recognition. Whether it be crude or not, it's a legitimate piece of Disney history that an artist drew a penis hidden in The Little Mermaid and nobody noticed until it came out on VHS.

Since the "surprise" wasn't found until the VHS release, all of these posters remained in circulation and were never recalled. So the poster feels unique. If the poster were not a big practical joke, I wouldn't want it. I'm not particularly fond of the artwork. But it's Disney history, and as an animation fan, it's my duty to acquire and preserve the practical penis for as long as I am collecting.

A much better reasoned retort than I was expecting...but Steve is right - there are clearly more than one phallic symbols (even if only one can be strongly argued as being an actual member)
Chris

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 09:42:40 PM »
A much better reasoned retort than I was expecting...but Steve is right - there are clearly more than one phallic symbols (even if only one can be strongly argued as being an actual member)

So what you're saying in, "A phallus is in the eye of the beholder"?

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 10:30:17 PM »

Do you guys remember those little dot/block posters you were suppose to stare at to see the big picture?  When the thread first started, I thought the whole castle was a phallic symbol?  And I was like so what is the big deal?  Now that you guys started the phallic counting, I can see what your talking about. Thanks, you have totally ruined that poster for me, now all I see is a sausage farm.

Brian
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 10:49:14 PM »
 Do you guys remember those little dot/block posters you were suppose to stare at to see the big picture?  When the thread first started, I thought the whole castle was a phallic symbol?  And I was like so what is the big deal?  Now that you guys started the phallic counting, I can see what your talking about. Thanks, you have totally ruined that poster for me, now all I see is a sausage farm.

Brian

Just so we're clear, there's only one true phallus on the poster:

Although, one can choose to identify as many as they like. But at some point we must draw the line between what looks like a phallic object and what is actually a golden penis. But since this is turning out to be a popular game of perception, we could just start a new thread dedicated to finding hidden phalli in other movie posters...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:50:58 PM by Disheveledamethyst »

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 01:51:56 AM »
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/clt/2641314414.html
Here is a link for one in Las Vegas. The seller has two of them. Not sure if they are authentic but the seller claims they are. Figured this might help you. You can try to get ahold of the seller and talk to them.

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 04:21:59 AM »
Id rather look at Cindy Crawford  :P

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 09:42:29 AM »
I'm with Tang...

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder