Author Topic: Westerns  (Read 59223 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: Westerns
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2011, 11:28:54 AM »
Hmmm, great category.  I have just a few entries:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:31:52 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 06:54:26 PM »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 06:57:17 PM by kovacs01 »
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 09:08:56 PM »
Sweet! Ekberg Mel.

Excellent set Schan. Love the Eastwoods and that Romanian(?)Cowboys is very cool. Where is that Dances with Wolves from? Its fantastic.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 12:12:38 AM »
Sweet! Ekberg Mel.
Romanian(?)Cowboys is very cool. Where is that Dances with Wolves from? Its fantastic.

Cowboys is Romanian, Dances With Wolves is Thai.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 10:50:41 PM »
It's very slow at work today...

Ves

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 11:02:32 AM »
APF member Illustraction Gallery has a brand-new page on American Westerns envisioned by Eastern Block poster artists.
http://blog.illustractiongallery.com/

ozcinemagic

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 11:18:35 PM »
Aussie art 1950. Also had Tony Curtis in cast.

(Selling)

Charlie

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 07:47:54 AM »
Aussie art 1950. Also had Tony Curtis in cast.

(Selling)

I don't know how to quite present this. I would say that my transaction with you was pretty awesome and that I would recommend you to another forum member.  So I don't want you or the forum members to take this the wrong way. And I can't speak for other forum members and haven't shot off any PMs or anything. 

But I feel my experience on here is cheapened when you try to end around selling items like this...  I think its best to stick to posting your collection in threads like this and posting for sale items in that thread.  You could always put a tag line in your signature that "everything I post is for sale."  You have a ton of great material and have been a nice addition to the forum but I feel your running close to breaking some sort of unwritten rules here...

Anyone else have any thoughts... 

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 08:32:24 AM »
Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I know it bothers some people, as I get complaints about certain people who post on NS4.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2012, 10:27:19 AM »
Yes, Charlie's right.
We ask all dealers/sellers, etc. to use the For Sale thread for any advertising.

Nice poster, ozmagic...very nice...

ozcinemagic

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2012, 07:52:40 PM »
I don't know how to quite present this. I would say that my transaction with you was pretty awesome and that I would recommend you to another forum member.  So I don't want you or the forum members to take this the wrong way. And I can't speak for other forum members and haven't shot off any PMs or anything. 

But I feel my experience on here is cheapened when you try to end around selling items like this...  I think its best to stick to posting your collection in threads like this and posting for sale items in that thread.  You could always put a tag line in your signature that "everything I post is for sale."  You have a ton of great material and have been a nice addition to the forum but I feel your running close to breaking some sort of unwritten rules here...

Anyone else have any thoughts... 

A rare poster like that and you don't want to know it's available?

Wow ... that's precious.

Offline Ari

• Curator
Belgians
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2012, 07:58:05 PM »

An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2012, 07:58:58 PM »
An Error Has Occurred!

Charlie

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2012, 08:07:39 PM »
A rare poster like that and you don't want to know it's available?

Wow ... that's precious.

welcome1

ozcinemagic

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2012, 08:42:04 PM »
welcome1

:-* Sorry you feel cheap, precious!

Charlie

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2012, 09:38:42 PM »
:-* Sorry you feel cheap, precious!

Thanks for you kind thoughts Mark... I am truly worried about new members like you fucking the forum up by trying to pass themselves off as collectors only to sell their wares...  It's welcome here, I am not the boss of this place.  But, I prefer the spam to be in the right thread.  No hard feelings; sorry I ruffled your feathers. But obviously you feel "Called Out" and "Put in your place" or you wouldn't be spewing commentary; all in very poor taste IMO.  I politely attempted to redirect your ignorance or your thinking we were ignorant and this is all you can come up with? How about, "Sorry guys, my bad.."

If I had known you were such an idiot I would have passed on the Kwai (well maybe not); but most definitely will pass on future deals.  So now, not only have you been called out, you've lost probably hundreds if not thousands of potential dollars from 'Precious' who thought you were actually an OK guy...  You are not going to goad me into a fight over your mistaken presumption..

Sorry you turned out to be a prick...   hitself   

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2012, 09:47:17 PM »
IMO.

People who sell, invariably, replying to a thread, will post items for sale. Unless the thread is Aussie hammer or Val Lewton, or Hell drivers, then its probably a safe bet that anything I post I am open to sell. Saying that, I post for interest sake (like the above westerners). Items I have, others might not have seen, just for fun and information. I assume that if someone sees something they like and want, they will make a comment like WOW I MUST GET ONE OF THOSE in which case I can message saying OK, its $10) or they will message me. Thats not the 1st priority of the post, but might become a nice bonus.

So, while I don't find the word "selling" put in the post, I do think its redundant, if I wanted it, I would let the post-er know.

But for me I don't get it why people get up in arms about it. I haven't dealt with ozcinema (I don't think so anyways) but from what I gather he is a pretty dedicated collector and also a dealer, which you will find is like most people who post on forums differing levels of dealing of course).

Anyways... I guess a Gunfight at the O.K. Corral is apt. ;)
An Error Has Occurred!

Charlie

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2012, 11:31:40 PM »
But for me I don't get it why people get up in arms about it.

Just feels like intentional manipulation of the purpose of the forum.  Its got its place, like you say.  But to randomly post in western and say "selling" was blatant to me; then to be soon followed up by the tough guys (or that may have been earlier).  Where does it stop?   That's it; enough preciousness... 

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2012, 02:06:48 AM »
"I guess a Gunfight at the O.K. Corral is apt."    rofl1

Charlie, it was a faux pas for Mark to mention "for sale" in many of his posts that were not in the "for sale" section.  It was also a faux pas for him to not be a little more apologetic about it, especially since he is fairly new here.  No need to fly off the handle.  By the way, are you Irish?  8)  

Mark, you seem like a good dude, and it's cool to have you aboard here.  You mentioned a few weeks ago "I don't collect anymore, so they need a good home."   If you don't mind me asking, what made you want to stop collecting, and sell your stock?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:36:32 AM by NeoLoco »

ozcinemagic

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2012, 06:58:33 AM »
"I guess a Gunfight at the O.K. Corral is apt."    rofl1

Charlie, it was a faux pas for Mark to mention "for sale" in many of his posts that were not in the "for sale" section.  It was also a faux pas for him to not be a little more apologetic about it, especially since he is fairly new here.  No need to fly off the handle.  By the way, are you Irish?  8)  

Mark, you seem like a good dude, and it's cool to have you aboard here.  You mentioned a few weeks ago "I don't collect anymore, so they need a good home."   If you don't mind me asking, what made you want to stop collecting, and sell your stock?

I made it clear to Holiday when applying that I was coming here as a part-time dealer. If there has been a problem with my posts then I'm sure the owners / moderators would address the issue with me.

Precious could have PM'd me rather than openly criticising and inviting others to join in. As it stands he is a lone voice. And the amount of supposedly rich collectors who have told me "they would have spent thousands", really makes me yawn!!  eyeroll

I've been around posters since the mid eighties when I worked at the Australian Film Commission. To begin with I collected Star Wars, then more sci-fi, Bronson, Eastwood, Pacino etc. All Aussie issue. A bit like Ves, I keep them a certain amount of time and then move them on. At the moment I am working on a novel and have no income for long periods. Selling the posters keeps me in ink! Haven't meant to offend here. Mark

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2012, 10:03:05 AM »
The 'for sale'  tag on the post did not offend me, but I kinda ignored it.  If it had been posted in the for sale or dealers area, I would have seen it for what it was and may have been interested.  Probably not, as I don't have a large number of daybills.

I guess I am different than Ari.  I don't have nearly the volume of posters that others have here, but in the 25 years I have been at it, I have never sold a poster.  I collect for the joy and when I post a picture, it is not to brag or advertise.  It is because I feel that I have something to contribute to the thread that others might enjoy.  There are others in this group that feel the same as me.  There are also dealers.  We live together and work with each other.

Please don't take offense.  Holiday and Thierry set up these rules to help keep the forum running smoothly.  As a new member, I doubt you were aware you committed a boo-boo, but this really isn't worthy of a flame war.  Save that for Bond posters :)
-Jay-

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2012, 10:19:39 AM »
I agree with Charlie, just add a signature line that says, "Everything you see me post is for sale."

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »
Just to clarify myself, Charlie, I was just goofing about the "are you Irish" thing.  One of my old friends is Irish and he'll battle over the slightest thing, especially when he drinks, and I have a lot of ancestors who are Irish, so I was just joking.

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2012, 06:03:12 PM »
I made it clear to Holiday when applying that I was coming here as a part-time dealer. If there has been a problem with my posts then I'm sure the owners / moderators would address the issue with me.

Precious could have PM'd me rather than openly criticising and inviting others to join in. As it stands he is a lone voice. And the amount of supposedly rich collectors who have told me "they would have spent thousands", really makes me yawn!!  eyeroll

I've been around posters since the mid eighties when I worked at the Australian Film Commission. To begin with I collected Star Wars, then more sci-fi, Bronson, Eastwood, Pacino etc. All Aussie issue. A bit like Ves, I keep them a certain amount of time and then move them on. At the moment I am working on a novel and have no income for long periods. Selling the posters keeps me in ink! Haven't meant to offend here. Mark

That's cool, Mark, that you came here as a part time dealer.  I'm sure there are plenty of people, myself included, who appreciate your chiming in at times other than to sell stuff, and a lot of your for sale stuff is very cool.  As far as the mods/owners addressing little things like placing "for sale" on pieces that aren't in the "for sale" section, they're probably not gonna care a whole lot (Jeannie surely would have but that's another story), as they've said, they're not babysitters.  Anyway, it's really not a big deal about the little faux pas.

Surely you have a lot of knowledge, having been around movie gear for so long, and it sounds like you would be a "go to" guy for info. on Aussie stuff.  Y'all have some very cool, unique stuff for movies in Australia.  That's a good philosophy about keeping them and then moving on.  In the grand scheme of things, that's what all of us do, just on different time scales.  Good luck with your novel.

Charlie

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2012, 06:03:52 PM »
Just to clarify myself, Charlie, I was just goofing about the "are you Irish" thing.  One of my old friends is Irish and he'll battle over the slightest thing, especially when he drinks, and I have a lot of ancestors who are Irish, so I was just joking.

Well you're lucky I am not....   :P  Nah, I've got tough skin...  I am just trying to walk away from this one. I should know better by now.