Author Topic: What is the most collectible Raquel Welch poster?  (Read 15653 times)

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
What is the most collectible Raquel Welch poster?
« on: August 05, 2011, 02:18:29 PM »
  I saw this fabulous daybill on the current movieposterbid auction with Raquel:

And I know this one is always pricey, popular but also not necessarily wife compliant:

And this one seems to generate some interest, but IMO, it does not look very much like her:

I am making a short list for when I return from my hiatus.  Any direction towards a collectible US one sheet would be appreciated.

Brian

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 02:23:56 PM by ATLfun »
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
Re: What is the most collectible Raquel Welch poster?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 02:28:32 PM »
Hiatus.  laugh1

Good luck with that. I have bought 8 posters during this weeks break  :P

I love the second one. She has never looked more beautiful and she is always beautiful.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 02:29:26 PM by Zorba »

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 02:31:14 PM »
Brian, you need to go Quad for the best Raquel posters. I have some others not photographed, here's a nice one with Ursula thrown in...

It's more than a Hobby...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 02:45:57 PM »
Hey, I don't own one Raquel Welch poster... she never did much to me... but maybe this thread will help me change my mind.

Carry on!
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Bruce

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 02:51:28 PM »
I think I have a linenbacked One Million Years BC 6 sheet in my next mini major, if you want to go life size!

Bruce

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 05:24:07 PM »
Hiatus.  laugh1

Good thing your not my AA partner.  Where's the support?   ;D

Brian
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 05:36:42 PM »
I think I have a linenbacked One Million Years BC 6 sheet in my next mini major, if you want to go life size!

Bruce

Dang Bruce, your like the king of poster crack!  How am I ever suppose to stay on the wagon with great posters like that.  Heck, I couldn't resist placing a bid last night in your rolled poster auction.  Thank goodness, I got outbid in the last minute to maintain my vow.

Plus, I got to live vicariously through the rolled poster auction when Neo who picked up a sweet Pirahna and Eatbrie picked up another Bardot poster.  No wonder Thierry has no room for Raquel because his naughty girl closet is full of Bardot.

I really like the fact Bruce that you allow people to see who is bidding.  As I get to know APF members, it is kind of cool to see what people are interested in.

Brian

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 05:44:01 PM »
Aaaaahhhhh, Raquel. The woman who turned me on to movie posters....
While you might not think her image on ONE MILLION YEARS BC might not look quite like her, that one sheet is photo based and is one of the most iconic images of the 60s.
Here are my personal favorites from my Raquel Welch collection.

I have to repeat this image because it is the one that triggered my fiendish movie poster habit when I was just a lad...

Nobody filled out a bikini better than Raquel, especially when painted here by 'good girl' artist extraordinaire, Robert McGinnis...

This one I had not seen until last year when Holiday turned me on to it.  Kinda difficult to find...

Even fully clothed she is killer. Here as a pistol-toting, saddle tramp...

and a Roaring 20s flapper...

There are others, but these five American one sheets are my favorites.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:57:36 AM by brude »

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 07:01:38 PM »
Well it's not a movie poster, an 8x10 for the movie Hannie Caulder, but it rocks my world...I bid for it but pulled out, it went for $42 - I should have kept going!

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 07:03:05 PM by Silhouette »
David

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »
Well it's not a movie poster, an 8x10 for the movie Hannie Caulder, but it rocks my world...I bid for it but pulled out, it went for $42 - I should have kept going!

woohoo woohoo

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 01:27:33 PM »
  Good thing your not my AA partner.  Where's the support?   ;D

Brian

Make no mistake I dont want you bidding on anything especially after last sunday.  :P

I just know how hard it is. I did manage to go a few weeks a while back but that was the exception and not the rule. I keep falling off the wagon. The best way is to not look or maybe a trip to europe which might actually be cheaper.  8)

bosnuk

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 05:38:27 AM »

Low budget or big budget - Mr. Tenser knew how to sell a movie.

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 04:32:46 AM »
McGinnis ain't dead.......

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 07:56:17 AM »
McGinnis ain't dead.......

You're right, Tang.
Major boo-boo on my part.
Musta been the meds....
 hitself

Bruce

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 08:09:55 AM »
Dang Bruce, your like the king of poster crack!  How am I ever suppose to stay on the wagon with great posters like that.  Heck, I couldn't resist placing a bid last night in your rolled poster auction.  Thank goodness, I got outbid in the last minute to maintain my vow.

Plus, I got to live vicariously through the rolled poster auction when Neo who picked up a sweet Pirahna and Eatbrie picked up another Bardot poster.  No wonder Thierry has no room for Raquel because his naughty girl closet is full of Bardot.

I really like the fact Bruce that you allow people to see who is bidding.  As I get to know APF members, it is kind of cool to see what people are interested in.

Brian

Thanks Brian. You have to REALLY wonder about places like eBay and others that "hide" the bidders IDs. What are they hiding and from whom? Do they not want you to see that some bidders bid on almost everything, or that certain bidders only bid on one seller's items?

I hope I can find some special posters that you HAVE to bid on!

Bruce

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 08:33:20 AM »
Hey, Bruce.
Brian hasn't been back here since December.  Have you seen him around emovieposter?
Nice guy with good taste in posters...

Bruce

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 08:35:37 AM »
Haven't seen him at all. That's why I posted what I did. I was hoping just the right poster at auction might bring him back.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 08:51:26 AM »
Too bad.
Guess he filled all available wall space at his office...
Maybe he'll be back when he gets tired of looking at all of them daybills and needs a change-out.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 09:05:19 AM »
I talked to Brian a few times when he left the forum. He's mostly into pinball machines. He made it very clear that his walls were full, that he did want to buy any poster he could not permanently display, and did not want to rotate his posters. He displays posters primarily to attract attention to his real estate law firm. 

Probably most people would agree with his approach and would think most collectors are crazy to buy stuff that sits in storage and is glanced at maybe once a year (or sometimes never).  He did say he wants to buy 2-3 posters a year so he could be back on a limited basis. 

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 09:47:16 AM »
I talked to Brian a few times when he left the forum. He's mostly into pinball machines. He made it very clear that his walls were full, that he did want to buy any poster he could not permanently display, and did not want to rotate his posters. He displays posters primarily to attract attention to his real estate law firm.

Kind of what I figured.  His last dozen or so posts were in the politics threads and IMHO were rather polarizing.  He had strong opinions and no tolerance for the opposing view.  Things kind of calmed down when he left.
-Jay-

ozcinemagic

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 12:19:41 AM »

Posterodyssey

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 04:35:43 AM »
Kinda sad we never got that one, hands down,kick ass poster representing her.

Anthony

ozcinemagic

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 07:49:09 AM »
That's the daybill. I also have the U.S. printed Int'l / Foreign 1sht with orange background. It's a really dull poster in comparison.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 09:56:05 AM »
Not the most collectable but there still Raquel...

It's more than a Hobby...

Charlie

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 10:22:35 AM »

Too bad they didn't make double sided quads back then.... ;)