Author Topic: FS:Mondo and various others  (Read 52495 times)

guest8

FS:Mondo and various others
« on: July 28, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »
Here are actual pictures of the following prints in my picasa photo album.
https://picasaweb.google.com/106177607191254337017/ForSale?authkey=Gv1sRgCK35wfzPhcPq8AE

Mondo Prints
--------------
Great Warrior      Todd Slater      $25        53/385        Wavey      

Bad Lieutenant      Alan Hynes      $35        103/160         

Der Golem      The Silent Giants           $40         31/100         

Beetlejuice      Rich Kelly              $50        24/195        Signed   

Star Wars 4      Tyler Stout      $225        693/850     Regular      

Star Wars 5      Tyler Stout      $250        693/850     Regular      

Star Wars 6      Tyler Stout      $175        693/850     Regular      

Salacious B. Crumb   Rhys Cooper      $60        281/325         

Rocky Horror 1      Ken Taylor              $75        17/20         Uncut; lower right edge damage   

Other, Random, G88, Astor
---------------
Blade Runner      God Machine      $150         xxx/200         

Mallrats!              John Smith      $50        47/80        G88; signed   

Brotherman              Michael Gaughan           $20   21/96      Burseque of North America; Signed   

Welcome to Hill Valley   Eric Tan                  $150   138/150      Signed; G88   

Hound Horse and Dove   J.C Richards          $125   AP              Walden Art Print; Signed

Apocalypes Now              Tim Doyle                  $60   234/250      Regular;Astor; Signed   

Apocalypes Now              Tim Doyle                  $80   45/65      Variant;Astor; Signed   

She Wore Blue Velvet           Billy Perkins          $75   30/100      G88; Signed

My Tetris Heart Longs For Your Push Kevin Tong $100  xxx/100  G88  Signed

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: FS:Mondo and various others
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 08:38:20 PM »
Why are you getting rid of those?  Especially the Stouts?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 09:00:11 PM »
I just PM'd you about the Blade Runner...

guest8

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 09:07:24 PM »

T

Some of the prints I have multiple copies, some looked better in the jpegs when I bought them and some have been framed for a while and instead of filing them away I thought I could pass them along to someone that may appreciate them as well. :)

guest8

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 06:49:33 AM »
BLADE RUNNER - GODMACHINE is now SOLD! :)

guest8

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 12:41:40 PM »
DEAD ALIVE REGULAR is now SOLD! :)

Those of you on EB should check out my WT section over there .. I have some listed in there that are not in the FS thread.

guest8

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 01:38:36 PM »
Some more, if anyones interested ..

Quote from: fallenangel1
Everything is priced at or below averages .. Prices also include shipping in the ConUS!

$105

$90

$115

$105

$400

$205

$85

$190

$135

$100

$200

$100 (I'm selling this one basically at cost, it got caught in the flat file drawer when opening so it has some slight damage. If you're interested let me know and Ill shot some pics for you.)

$65

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 06:13:54 PM »

Because like most other Mondo fans, they get addicted to the hype and adrenaline of the purchase and buy too many prints, many times hoping that a print they kinda like turns into a print they love or, at least, can flip... particularly the Stouts...

guest8

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 07:50:58 PM »
LOL .. Archie .. youre replying to an old comment there pal!

I have doubles of most everything that I have put up for sale. That would be the reason ;)

guest8

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 01:57:46 PM »
Some of the averages have changes and I cut prices on everything across the board.

Prices also include shipping in the ConUS!

$85

$70

$95

$85

$325

$185

$65

$135

$115

$70

$140

$55

guest8

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 09:41:05 AM »
removed shipping costs from posters .. just in case multiples were wanted ..

Typical shipping runs $15 (for one tube) in the US PM me if youre anywhere else ..

Im willing to trade MULTIPLE pieces for some of my ISO's ..

Like ...

One or both of Ansins Metropolis prints
Ansins Bride variant
JRD's Nightmare on Elm Street
One or both of Stouts Mad Max prints

$70
EB Average = $105
$35 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$55
EB Average = $86
$31 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$80
EB Average = $115
$35 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$70
EB Average = $103
$33 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$310
EB Average = $330
$20 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$170
EB Average = $205
$35 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$50
EB Average = $82
$32 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$120
EB Average = $155
$35 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$100
EB Average = $129
$29 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$55
EB Average = $89
$34 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$125
EB Average = $155/$198
$30/$73 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$40
EB Average = $65
$25 LESS THAN AVERAGE

guest8

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 09:13:27 AM »
SOLD FOR $100

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 10:08:41 AM »
SOLD FOR $100

Someone wanted to pay $100 instead of $70?
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

guest8

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 10:25:19 AM »
Someone wanted to pay $100 instead of $70?

LOL .. It was an ebay "best offer" .. This is the wrong place for this argument .. but I really am getting to the point to where I can not stand a majority of the people on EB anymore. But with that whole recent fiasco over there .. I posted the $100 sales price (here and on EB) just to reiterate that even though 200+ people attempted to flip these on EB and caused the EB market to get overly saturated doesnt mean that there still arent people out there who want them and are willing to pay for them.

The EB sellers were so desperate to get rid of there copies at any price that people now feel that anything more than $30 is a rip off, even though according to the EB sales database the current average for this print is $104.xx .. Which (coming full circle) is why I posted it in the "Hook up thread" and here for $70 ... Apparently that was insulting to some and I was publicly flogged for offering something below average but at a price that was above what a select few feel these prints are worth.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 10:34:50 AM »
Gotcha re: eBay.

If I were you, I would hold on to those MMM prints another year if not longer before you unloaded them. Let the dust settle a bit, then put one out there that hasn't been seen in some time.

EB has some good folks, and some pissed off hippies. Some people have been more than thoughtful and generous and have helped me out a bunch.
Stay away from the Phish folks, though.

Regardless, I don't think you should have posted the same prints from your for sale thread in the hook up thread. You don't need two threads, is the point they were making, especially since average or lower than average aren't really 'hooking up' anyone. How they react can be overboard, but to be honest, I agree with the sentiment that you overdid it with this.

I was mistaken,

guest8

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 10:55:23 AM »
I dont know .. I felt it was alright because in my FS thread they were priced at average .. and in the hook-up thread they were $30 below average .. and 100% fit within the guidelines of the "hook-up" rules and was better than many other supposed hook-ups that had been posted. (Some were within dollars of the average) .. Only after the blow up did I alter my FS thread with the same lower prices.

And honestly the ONLY reason I posted in the Hook-up thread was because I was seeing prints that I was selling, selling for the same if not more than I was asking in the hook-up thread and else where. While the ones I had priced at average in my FS thread languished on page 3-4-5.. So I cut the prices by ~$30 and decided to hook some people up... In all reality I think that a majority of the people that watch the FS section are the flippers and they just happened to be a large chunk of the people that went to the MMM's.. and had I posted any of these prints for $30 they would have jump on it to flip it for $50.. Thats the feel I get for those people anymore .. Just out to get there own and if anyone else tries to get part of the pie as well, youd better watch out because they will attack you and call you all sorts of names all while they are making the same kinds of deals in other threads or via PM's..

And as far as your opinion that my prices (even though they were all ~$30 below averages) were not hook ups... What do you think my ebay buyer would say if I offered a $30 refund on the '28 Days Later' print ? Im sure he would think Im doing him a HUGE favor!! As would I if I were in his shoes. That was my point .. The guidelines were set to use EB averages .. and just because some people feel that the MMM prints are worthless doesnt really make them worthless. there are still plenty of people who would have loved to pick up some of those prints for what I was listing them at. So my prices were fair and valid in regards to being a "hook-up" and the whole 2 FS threads .. I thought I was doing a nice thing by posting them in the hookup thread for $30 off .. anyone who didnt qualify for the hookup thread would have had to have paid $30 more than those guys .. But IMHO .. I think this all stemmed from the jealousy I encounter over the Phantom listing/offer. Which was petty and stupid and I still cant believe that some of those people reacted that way.

PS ..

I appreciate your thoughts and opinion and even more so how you approached me with it! :) I dont expect everyone to agree or even get along .. But it is how we handle ourselves in these situations that show what kind of person that we are.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 11:14:40 AM »
To be fair, EB is a collector hang out, eBay is for everyone, so your buyer could have bought their first print just cause they want it on their wall. The value/sale/difference to them is irrelevant.

The average price on EB should mean nothing, to be honest. The price trend usually holds more weight when affixing value. This is why you held onto your Phantom. Can't have it both ways.

The Hook Up Thread is mostly about EB folks doing favors for EB folks. It's not about below average values. You will notice how some/most folks post in that thread with 'hook ups' and also have their own for sale thread, because they are different. Selling an Ansin Phantom for $500 in the Hook Up Thread is in fact, a hook-up. Selling an Ansin Phantom for say, $1,500 like that one dude just did in his own thread works because its his own thread. He didn't post it in Hook-Ups claiming it to be under the $2k+ 'value' because he gets the point of the thread.

Make sense?

I was mistaken,

guest8

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 11:47:12 AM »
I understand 100% .. but the precedent had been set in Davids OP and the many many posts following that were perched on the average and sold.. I felt that a 30% discount was a decent hookup .. Sure its not anything to write home about but it is a hookup.. and one persons opinion of what is or is not a hook up can be vastly different. Like the point I was making with my Ebay buyer.. He would have felt that $70 was a hook up and I assume super grateful! But to generalize something like how EB members are collectors therefore EBay buyers are not collectors (I felt that was implied in this situation) is wrong.. I have sold a handful of prints on ebay to various people from film festival producers and horror website aficionados to the randoms that I have no clue who they are or what they do. And I felt each of them knew what they were looking for and given some of the prices were well aware of how collectible these prints are. So just because someone isn't on EB doent mean they are some Joe Schmo .. Just like here on APF when we talk about everyone who bids on one of Bruces auctions and people afraid or being upset over outing on-going auctions. Its a bit naive to think that every interested collector is a member of the sites that we use.

However I feel that it is a safe statement to generalize that most EB members are serious collectors and sellers .. and they tend to "grind" things out more so than just outright buying something that they want. Meaning that they put the work in to get something as cheap as possible .. They F5 on drop days .. they flip other prints or buy hookups just to trade for something else .. some I'm sure even manipulate the sales Db one way for their flips and and another for their purchases.

Not to mention that if I sold all of the prints I posted in the hookup thread .. Id be taking a loss on most of them at my original FS prices let alone marked down another 30%.

I happen to disagree on the EB Db though ... It should/does mean something .. It takes all of the reported sales and averages them over the lifetime and then the last 6 months .. as well as listing individual sales.. So it is the only source anyone really has to approximate value and with the break down they give one can form their own opinion of what the overall value of a print is and the trend is part of that along with the averages. Its all key information and needs to be looked at to get a good idea of what a value should/could be.

As for my Phantom .. The reason I didn't sell was because I'm stupid :P not because I felt the print was worth more money or anything like that.

guest8

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 11:57:54 AM »
You know I was just thinking.. Everyone seems to think that just because they are on EB that they deserve MAJOR hookups .. While I disagree and maybe that's why i felt a 30% discount was good enough to go into that thread .. However there are a handful of members that if they had messaged me and asked for a deal on any of those prints I may just given it to them. Because of things they have done for me. I have bought prints for friends and given them away at cost or for free .. and even poster buddied for others just because they wouldn't be around for a drop. I even had a givaway on EB where I gave away a print subscription that cost me $500 .. So its not like I don't get the spirit of "hook-ups" its just the plain fact that I don't feel that some of those two faced grinders deserve my major/friend hook-ups. IMHO 30% off is good enough for the majority of EB members.

Freefall

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 12:39:11 PM »
Hey, Fallen!

Can I put a hold on that Olly Moss Captain America set?

Freefall

guest8

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 03:10:11 PM »
LOL .. Sure .. we can get you set up on my lay-a-way plan :)

How long you looking for me to hold on to it for ya?

guest8

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 08:45:39 AM »
Typical shipping runs $15 in the US PM me if youre anywhere else ..

Im willing to trade MULTIPLE pieces for some of my ISO's ..

Like ...

One or both of Ansins Metropolis prints
Ansins Bride variant
JRD's Nightmare on Elm Street
One or both of Stouts Mad Max prints

$80
EB Average = $115
$35 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$310
EB Average = $330
$20 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$50
EB Average = $82
$32 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$120
EB Average = $155
$35 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$100
EB Average = $129
$29 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$50
EB Average = $89
$39 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$125
EB Average = $155/$198
$30/$73 LESS THAN AVERAGE

$140

$45

$55

$110

$50

$70

guest8

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 02:51:51 PM »
here is a list of my updated trades list .. It has everything from Mondo to CinemaOverDrive and unrelated art prints .. So if you have any questions let me know.

28 Days Later 11 Adlard - Variant
A Is For Victory / Das Ziel! Sieg für HYDRA Set 11 Moss - 1st
Amelie 08 Danger - Cut Sheet
Animal Earth Mother 11 Shaw - 1st
Apocalypse Now 11 Doyle - Night On The River
Apocalypse Now 11 Doyle - Red
Assault On Precinct 13 11 Stout - Variant
Attack The Block 11 Ang - 1st
Axe to Fall 09 Bannon - Red
Bodhi (Point Break) 10 Boyes - 1st
Boogie Nights RR 07 Slater - Blue
Boogie Nights RR 07 Slater - Red
Bounty Hunters 10 Taylor - Complete Set
Breakfast Club 09 Ryan - 1st
Buffy the Vampire Slayer 07 Goad - White
Captain America 11 Stout - 1st
Captain America 11 Stout - Variant
Clash Of The Titans 09 Taylor - Blue 
Class Of 1984 11 Davis - 1st
Collapse 10 Bannon - Blue
Dawn Of The Dead 11 Proctor - 1st
Dawn Of The Dead 11 Proctor - Blue Sky Variant
Dead Ringers 11 Shaw - 1st
DMC-12 10 Anville - Foil Variant
Evil Dead 2 (Ash) 10 Miller - 1st
Evil Dead 2 11 Davis - 1st
Evil Dead 2 11 Davis - Silver Shirt
eXistenZ 11 Shaw - 1st
Father: Encounter on Dagobah 10 Hanuka - 1st
Fear of a Red Planet 09 Stout - Red
Gone in 60 Seconds Raleigh 11 Getz - 1st
Great Warrior 10 Slater - 1st
Gremlins Austin 09 Cooper - 1st
Halloween 10 Miller - 1st
Hellraiser 11 Bertmer - 1st
Henry Rollins Frequent Flyer Tour 10 Fairey - Tour
Henry Rollins Provoked Tour 07 - 1st
Henry Rollins Recountdown Tour 08 Fairey - Tour
Herja 11 Stout - Red
Hound, Horse and Dove 11 Richard - A/P
Iron Giant 11 Tong - 1st
Iron Man 2 10 Saputo - 1st
Labyrinth 08 Slater - Black
Last Night at the Alamo 07 Ryan - 1st
Leon: The Professional 11 Davis - 1st
Let Me In 10 Moss - 1st
Lifeforce 09 Van Loon - 1st
Lost Boys RR 07 Stout - 1st
Ms. 45 Raleigh 11 Davis - 1st
Ms. 45 Raleigh 11 Davis - Hot Pink
My Tetris Heart Longs For Your Push 11 Tong - 1st
Phantasm Raleigh 11 Miller - 1st
Phantasm Raleigh 11 Miller - Silver Sphere VARIANT 
Pink Moon 10 McCarthy - 1st
Princess Bride 12 Davis - 1st
Rabid Raleigh 11 Miller - 1st
Revenge of the Cheerleaders 10 Shipley - 1st
Robocop 11 Davis - 1st
Robocop 11 Davis - Variant
Robocop Austin 08 Stout - 1st
Rolling Thunder Raliegh 11 Getz - 1st
Serenity Raleigh 11 Shaw - 1st
Serpico 11 Shaw - 1st
SHADY 08 Klay - 1st
She Wore Blue Velvet 10 Perkins - 1st
Star Trek: First Contact 10 Taylor - GID
Star Trek: The Motion Picture 11 Danger - Regular
Streets of Fire 11 Leger - 1st
Swinging Triple Feature Alamo 07 Print Mafia - 1st
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 10 Cooper - Set
Terminator II 10 Taylor - 1st
The City Of Lost Children 11 Taylor - 1st
The City Of Lost Children 11 Taylor - Variant
The Dark Crystal 11 Shipley - 1st
The Evil Dead 10 Short - 1st
The Goonies 09 Millward - 1st
The Last of the V8s 10 Anville - 1st
The Lost Boys 08 Davis - Cream
The Mallrats: Kevin Smith Sized Annual 10 Smith - 1st
The Mist 11 Danger - 1st
The Servant of Cybele 11 Shaw - Wood
The Shining 11 We Buy Your Kids - 1st
The Telephone Book 11 Liberti - 1st
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Leatherface) 10 Miller - 1st
The Visitor 11 Shaw - 1st
The Wolfman 10 Danger - 1st
Thor 11 Taylor - 1st
Transformers Dark of the Moon 11 Philips - Gold Variant
Transformers Dark of the Moon 11 Philips - Green
Transformers: The Movie - Austin 11 Doyle - Regular
Transformers: The Movie - Austin 11 Doyle - S&D Variant
Veronica Marsathon 06 - 1st
Welcome to Hill Valley California 10 Tan - 1st

guest8

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 09:16:52 AM »
I have decided to trim my collection down some .. I've realized I don't have to own every piece that comes out .. So I'm just keeping some pieces that I really like and all of my Ansins ;) Hes currently my favorite artist so his pieces aren't going anywhere! But some of my older Stouts have been on the walls for a while and it may be time to pass them along to another deserving fan so that they can enjoy them like I have. If you have any questions just let me know .. I am probably only looking to sell, not trade.. UNLESS someone has one of the few pieces that I am missing/want .. I am always on the look out for a deal on Ansins Bride variant and/or either Metropolis! As well as Stouts Road Warrior regular. So if you have any of those we can talk. :)

Ive listed some of my stuff here in this thread .. But it would take me forever to list everything in my trades on EB .. So if you dont see something here check out my Trades on EB and see if you like anything there!

[size=150]Jay Shaw Collection- [/size]

I will sell these individually or as a collection if someone is interested. I also have a variant for eXistenZ that is on maroon paper with metallic gold inks that is not listed in the EB Db that is for sale as well.

Servant of Cybele (WOOD) $50
Animal Earth Mother (WOOD) $75
Dead Ringers $35
eXistenZ $40
eXistenZ Variant $50
Visitor $50
Serenity $60
Serpico $75

[size=150]Tyler Stout Prints- [/size]

Robocop $1,000
Assault  $125
Capt America Reg $150
Capt America Variant $250
Herja $45

[size=150]Olly Moss Prints-[/size]

Let Me In $150
Capt America Set $175

[size=150]Ken Taylor Prints-[/size]

Bounty Hunters Set $300
Terminator 2 $400
Star Trek: First Contact variant $175
City of Lost Children regular $75
City of Lost Children variant $100
Thor $75

[size=150]James Rheem Davis Prints-[/size]

Lost Boys $400
Class of 84 $50
Evil Dead $125
Evil Dead variant $250
Leon $150
Ms 45 $75
Ms 45 variant $150
Robocop $150
Robocop variant $250
Princess Bride $100

[size=150]Proctor Prints -[/size]

Regular $75
Variant $100

[size=150]Tong Prints-[/size]

Iron Giant Regular $300
"Tetris" $100

Dont Forget to check out my Trades on EB for many more prints!!!

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 09:59:14 AM »
not that I need to know but whats EB?
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!