Author Topic: eBay seller: d-d  (Read 3391 times)

Gimpy

eBay seller: d-d
« on: July 26, 2011, 09:05:16 PM »
Hey just wanted to ask about this seller: d-d. Is it someone that's here on the forums? I can't help but notice the similarities to ddilts399 on here. Just curious, thinking of buying a few off them. (Unless of course I hear bad things)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: eBay seller: d-d
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 09:29:34 PM »
No, he's not Dale.

I don't know, I haven't bought from d-d in years, but I remember the seller to be legit.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 09:37:41 PM »
Have bought from him on several occassions.  Never a problem.
Ves

raulleaf

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 10:30:38 PM »
I posted these in latest acquisitions thread a few weeks ago; both from d-d.  I was worried about The Good, The Bad, The Ugly being rolled and in near mint condition.  It was very rolled and very mint but typical thin 80s paper; size was correct and Bruce had auctioned off a ton of similar rolled stock...  My only complaint was his shipping was as slow as could be and he was in the same state.  Else everything was on  the level....

Rolled 80s RR The Good, The Bad, The Ugly....

Rolled DS Review of Black Swan (now in hand)...

Gimpy

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 10:36:28 PM »
Thanks for the reassurance guys! Was the Black Swan poster you got in the listing very yellowish tinged? Is that just how his pictures come out? I've noticed a lot of yellowy looking listings on there.

raulleaf

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 10:51:34 PM »
Thanks for the reassurance guys! Was the Black Swan poster you got in the listing very yellowish tinged? Is that just how his pictures come out? I've noticed a lot of yellowy looking listings on there.

Just pulled it out.  I haven't flattened it yet; its perfect, no yellowing.  I checked the listing it must be the photo.  Your good to go. 

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 11:30:36 PM »
I believe it is Tony Calvert, you are good to go. Good guy, honest seller.

Gimpy

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 01:25:34 AM »
Awesome thanks a lot guys. Nice posters there. I ended up just purchasing these:

Just waiting to hear back from him about shipping for a 4th poster and I'll be getting another one!
Thanks again everyone for sharing your experiences.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 05:56:34 AM »
I believe it is Tony Calvert, you are good to go. Good guy, honest seller.

seconded

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------