Author Topic: Sideshow Toys  (Read 37090 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Sideshow Toys
« on: July 15, 2011, 12:01:33 AM »
I'm super duper excited.

I finally got my toy.  A little bit more than twice as much as it sold originally, but I've wanted it for a long time, so I don't give a shit.

Aliens Queen Diorama

Plus, I already own the loader...

... so these two will look awesome at each end of my desk.

Any other freak collects Sideshow toys... or any other toys, really.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
Re: Sideshow Toys
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 02:32:38 AM »
Yessum...but no pics.  Not organised enough
Ves

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 03:57:16 AM »
What do you mean, no pics?  They are in the link I provided.

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 07:08:22 AM »
What do you mean, no pics?  They are in the link I provided.
I believe it Ves meant that she does have a collection of toys but no pics.
I collected the first round of Movie Maniacs and some Clive Barker Tortured Souls.  Now they sit in a box stored away. 
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 07:26:54 AM »
That is correct, but little miss is asleep in bed and thought I would snap what I have out in the house.

Ves

raulleaf

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 08:12:25 AM »
Very impressive Ves!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 08:27:46 AM by raulleaf »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 08:27:02 AM »
Great collection, Ves!
I would love to see a closeup of the SLEEPY HOLLOW piece...looks like the Headless Horseman knocked Mr, SCISSORHANDS flat on his face.
Nice cabinets, too.
 thumbup

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 08:35:17 AM »
Poor Ed...he's always falling down.  'Tis the headless horseman...I've got all the others in the series but they are tucked away upstairs.  Only so much space to display things.
Will try to take a better pic during the day...very hard at night.
Ves

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 12:11:51 PM »
Awesome, Ves.  Very cool.

So which one is mine?

T
My Personal Collection

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 05:35:04 PM »
Very nice Ves, and T. I have a few toys/models myself, I'll post some in due course....
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
Vesna, you were holding out on me, were you embarrassed? I never knew. No need to be embarrassed that now you have become more nerdy than me.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 01:38:00 AM »
Vesna, you were holding out on me, were you embarrassed? I never knew. No need to be embarrassed that now you have become more nerdy than me.

Proves yet again MEN NEVER LISTEN. 
Ves

raulleaf

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 02:24:05 PM »
Check out this Kwai bridge on eBay!  Cool.  If it stays low I might just bid on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180696666430&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 02:24:16 PM by raulleaf »

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2011, 05:25:33 PM »
Proves yet again MEN NEVER LISTEN. 

What? j/k
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 07:54:18 PM »
Yep....

These Sideshow things are Pandora's Box for me, I know if I start things could get ugly. Since my wife is at her wit's end with posters (haven't bought in forever, going with the whole happy wife > paper logic), I better not even open this thread any more.

Toys for adults. To display.

Ok, ok...I'm outta here...
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 11:47:42 PM »
Wait til you see my 2 Aliens toys together.  I'm getting a massive hard on just thinking about it.
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 11:33:45 PM »
Cool statues in this thread.  Ves, those look like classic pieces.  T, great Aliens statue, are you going to post a pic of the other one you mentioned a few months ago?

Here is my humble collection.

From left to right:
Ryu - Street Fighter
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II
Blanka - Street Fighter
Marcus Fenix - Gears of War
Statue of Happiness - Grand Theft Auto IV
Taarna - Heavy Metal
Sagat - Street Fighter

The Statue of Happiness just arrived today.  A very rare promotional piece.  Some say it is supposed to look like Hillary Clinton, and the coffee mug in her hand represents the "hot coffee mod" from San Andreas.  She basically tried to get more regulations on games because of the explicit mod.  It could just be a wacky interpretation of the Statue of Liberty.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 09:21:05 AM »
Nice collection, Neo.
Was the Taarna statue licensed or was it a garage kit?

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »
Thank you sir.

The Taarna statue is made of resin, and it's not a kit.  According to this Heavy Metal page, there are some "cheap fake imitations" but this one is very high quality.  The paint is a little different on mine and the one pictured, but other than that they are identical. The picture looks like a prototype picture, as a lot of companies do with a statues, and the prototypes almost always have a few things that look "better" than the ones that are produced.

When I was searching for more info. on the Taarna statue, I saw some collections of statues that are incredible.  I haven't checked out those forums since then, as there are too many epic pieces to start a new collection.  8)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:46:47 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 01:56:59 PM »
Nice bunch Neo, and I seem to have forgot to take some pice of mine........ eyeroll

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2012, 12:41:20 PM »
Well...........I've been up in the loft looking for something I couldn't find... eyeroll

However, I found these two... Not sideshow, but this first kinda reminds me of one of the forum owners... ;)

imagine the beer mug swopped for a wine glass... ;)

I thought I'd lost this, not of great value, but....you know..

Be warned, I came down with one of my record box's, now where did Charlie start that soundtrack thread....
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:43:03 PM by paul waines »

Charlie

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 10:15:26 PM »
Nice Gremlin Paul!

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 07:53:11 PM »
I just saw the new Black Widow (for the Avengers) that Hot Toys is putting out.  I've seen these toys on the internet, thought they were pretty cool but never had much interest in owning one.  The Black Widow one knocked my socks off though.  Aside from Iron Man she's my favorite character in both Iron Man 2 and Avengers.  Well I pre-ordered that off Sideshow Collectibles last night.  I hope this doesn't lead somewhere, I can't afford two expensive hobbies!  I just bought it because I thought it would look sweet next to my Black Widow Avengers bus shelter...  but seeing the Iron Man 2 version is selling on eBay for over $300 and it hardly looks like Scarlett I thought this new one might be a pretty good investment, in comparison this new one blows that one out of the water!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 11:07:41 PM »
Well...........I've been up in the loft looking for something I couldn't find... eyeroll

I thought I'd lost this, not of great value, but....you know..

Be warned, I came down with one of my record box's, now where did Charlie start that soundtrack thread....

Paul.. I gotta say.. I LOVE Frankie's turquoise eyeshadow on that figure... BRILLIANT!!  clap clap

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Sideshow Toys
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2017, 12:19:51 AM »
I got a new toy today.  I've been collecting these Sideshow toys for a few years now.  I probably own 20 or so, but this is the biggest...

It will go well with my Queen and Loader.

T
My Personal Collection