Author Topic: Sideshow Toys  (Read 37091 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Sideshow Toys
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2017, 12:49:41 AM »
VERY cool new toy, there, T. clap clap

Sideshow makes incredible sculpts like this one. Its a beauty.

Love the fine detailing, too and color. That just makes it.

How many pieces total in this particular run? Any idea?

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2017, 11:18:02 AM »
It's out of 1,500, I think.  It hasn't sold out yet, probably because of its price.  I have #100, because I bought it so long ago.  It took them a year to make it. 

I still have a bunch that I paid for that I won't get for months...  Groot, Rocket, Wonder Woman, Rey, BB8...  I'm hooked!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2017, 09:55:42 PM »
So it took them a year to make the run of 1500 figures, you mean?

Nice low (and an even 100) number on your piece, too.

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2017, 10:25:02 PM »
You got it.

I bought the Alien King in June 2016.  It arrived yesterday.  It's pretty detailed.  Here's another pic.  Let's see how long my wife lets me have it out in the open before she sends it to the man room  ;D

And a few others I got recently...

I'll post more later.

T
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:28:11 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2017, 12:51:07 AM »
How tall do each of these stand?

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2017, 01:34:44 AM »
About 22in.

The Alien is 22in tall and 24in long.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline AjTheGreat

• Hobbyist
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2017, 01:43:25 AM »
Holy shit eatbrie, you got Alien King??? BAD ASS, and that sucker is huge.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2017, 02:01:07 PM »
Yeah, it's quite fun.  I'm now debating on whether or not to get Thanos.

He's pretty cool.

The problem with these figures is size of course.  But the main issue are the boxes.  I've kept all of them and they take a lot of room.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2017, 04:23:58 PM »
Really dig that Catwoman.  Pretty spot-on likeness of Michelle, the best Catwoman EVER.

Offline AjTheGreat

• Hobbyist
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2017, 12:36:34 AM »
Yeah, it's quite fun.  I'm now debating on whether or not to get Thanos.

He's pretty cool.

The problem with these figures is size of course.  But the main issue are the boxes.  I've kept all of them and they take a lot of room.

T

Yeah they are huge for sure, how big are the boxes?

Have you seen the TMNT?

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2017, 02:46:06 AM »

Really dig that Catwoman.  Pretty spot-on likeness of Michelle, the best Catwoman EVER.

That one is my favorite of the bunch here.  It's almost hyperrealism.  And yeah, she is super hot as Catwoman.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2017, 11:58:14 AM »
I'm definitely in love with that Catwoman.
Great additions to your collection, T.
 clap clap clap clap

Online paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2017, 11:35:57 AM »
Maybe you could store posters in the boxes....   wynk
It's more than a Hobby...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2017, 03:29:04 PM »
I could, but I keep all my folded posters flat.

The boxes are a problem, though.  I probably have 30 at this point, and some of them I can't even wrap my arms around.  At some point, I won't be able to save them anymore, especially since I bought 8 more statues that will be sent to me in the next 6 months.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2017, 07:51:12 PM »
New toys came in today.  Fun!!!

T
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 07:52:29 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2017, 10:47:49 AM »
If you get to the point you cant store the boxes anymore, just get rid of the packing, break the boxes down to flat at least.  Long term whoever sells these down the road, having the box will make a big difference in price.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2017, 11:04:43 AM »
Funny you should mention that, we were talking about it yesterday.  We're moving a little closer to the beach next year and my wife suggested that I keep all the boxes at least until then.  That's like 30 boxes or so.  The Groot box itself is probably 3 feet tall with all its packaging.  After the move, I was thinking of trashing it all (the boxes, that is).  So you're saying all I need is the printed box and I can trash the styrofoam packaging?

T
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:16:34 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2017, 11:40:42 AM »
Funny you should mention that, we were talking about it yesterday.  We're moving a little closer to the beach next year and my wife suggested that I keep all the boxes at least until then.  That's like 30 boxes or so.  The Groot box itself is probably 3 feet tall with all its packaging.  After the move, I was thinking of trashing it all (the boxes, that is).  So you're saying all I need is the printed box and I can trash the styrofoam packaging?

T

Having all is best, but not having the styrofoam shouldnt kill the pricing too much. We are talking years down the road, if you were selling anytime soon you would take a hit not having the original packaging foam. Having the box though is a must  :)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2017, 03:36:13 PM »

T

Honestly T, with as much stuff as you must have, you'd probably be well served just renting a small storage unit.  It will cost you money, but will probably end up a net gain to your estate (and whoever inherits it) versus throwing things in the trash.  Even a small 8x8 could store away a bunch, and you could even throw a flat file in there to store away some posters.  Being in so cal, you do not need to worry about climate control.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2018, 08:57:42 PM »
I bought this dude!!! 

I'll post some pix when he comes in.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2018, 09:02:10 PM »
My new toy has arrived!!!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2018, 08:10:56 AM »
Grief, is all this stuff 'out' and displayed in communal type areas?  Common to both husband and wife?

They are certainly huge and erm, striking - in their place.

Or are they all in some den or other, out of the way of all others' eyes?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2018, 11:21:26 AM »
Only one at a time in communal areas.  My wife doesn't want to see them :(  So I have the most recent one out, and the rest in my office/man cave.

So unfair...

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2018, 04:47:36 PM »
Right.

Completely understood.  Even as a chap!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2019, 06:31:24 PM »
Hahaha... so ridiculous.

With the construction and all, I've had to move some of my toys from one room to another, trying to escape the workers deadly moves.

That's 2/3 of them, and I have more coming.  My poor wife.

T
My Personal Collection