Author Topic: Spotlight Displays  (Read 169167 times)

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
Re: Spotlight Displays
« Reply #200 on: December 31, 2019, 10:15:38 AM »
Hi Eric,

Most of the three sheets I have are 1940s and older and are  on linen. On loose three sheets, I personally put archival pressure tape to temporarily attach the sheets. Okie

Thanks, that makes sense. I have only used archival tape to prevent further separation on folds, but that makes total sense for displaying posters in multiple sections.
- Eric

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #201 on: December 08, 2020, 11:32:46 PM »
Is Robert still around?   Wondering what the promo code is for APF member VIP discounts...   ;) ;)

If you don't want to advertise it, PM me!  :)

Offline USMCSS

• Hobbyist
    • Movie Poster Frames
« Reply #202 on: December 09, 2020, 12:44:16 PM »
Hey Vick, I'm still around! You can use code: ALLPOSTER

Hope you and everyone else on here are doing well!!!

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Semper Fi,

Robert Perry
www.SpotlightDisplays.com

Offline Heather_Mason_SH3

• Beginner
« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2021, 08:14:41 PM »
I love Spotlight Displays!
I wouldn't trust my posters with anyone else!
My first attempt at getting stuff framed was with Michael's - it was overpriced and didn't age too well and damaged too easily. Looked fine at the time - but I regret destroying my collectible artwork with them. For a time I settled for the cheap Wal-Mart frames for my Shout Factory posters - they fall apart very easily and I obviously wouldn't want my vintage posters displayed in them.

I shopped around a bit when I first started getting into the movie poster hobby - and found Spotlight Displays. I ordered one standard frame to test things out and I loved it! I used it for my "Where The Boys Are '84" poster for a while. Since then, I've been able to easily swap out posters and the frame is still going strong and displays beautifully!

I'm currently waiting on a few more frames I ordered so I can complete my Slumber Party Massacre Wall. I'm really excited about getting them and will definitely be ordering more from them in the future!

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #204 on: March 16, 2021, 10:29:26 AM »
Looks great ^

SD remains the best way to effectively frame and display your stuff...the price is right and solves the issue with entombing paper in a frame situation forever.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline blair906

• Beginner
« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2022, 01:30:47 AM »
Has anyone ordered a custom sized front loading frame from them recently? I emailed and called a couple weeks ago and messaged on FB this week, but still haven't heard back.

Offline USMCSS

• Hobbyist
    • Movie Poster Frames
« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2022, 07:50:53 AM »
I love Spotlight Displays!
I wouldn't trust my posters with anyone else!
My first attempt at getting stuff framed was with Michael's - it was overpriced and didn't age too well and damaged too easily. Looked fine at the time - but I regret destroying my collectible artwork with them. For a time I settled for the cheap Wal-Mart frames for my Shout Factory posters - they fall apart very easily and I obviously wouldn't want my vintage posters displayed in them.

I shopped around a bit when I first started getting into the movie poster hobby - and found Spotlight Displays. I ordered one standard frame to test things out and I loved it! I used it for my "Where The Boys Are '84" poster for a while. Since then, I've been able to easily swap out posters and the frame is still going strong and displays beautifully!

I'm currently waiting on a few more frames I ordered so I can complete my Slumber Party Massacre Wall. I'm really excited about getting them and will definitely be ordering more from them in the future!

I know it’s been a while but just seeing this. Thank you very much!!! It all looks great and again I want to thank you for the kind words!!!
Semper Fi,

Robert Perry

Offline USMCSS

• Hobbyist
    • Movie Poster Frames
« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2022, 07:52:48 AM »
Looks great ^

SD remains the best way to effectively frame and display your stuff...the price is right and solves the issue with entombing paper in a frame situation forever.

Thank you very much!!! Means a lot!!!!
Semper Fi,

Robert Perry

Offline USMCSS

• Hobbyist
    • Movie Poster Frames
« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2022, 07:56:19 AM »
Has anyone ordered a custom sized front loading frame from them recently? I emailed and called a couple weeks ago and messaged on FB this week, but still haven't heard back.

Very sorry Blair! I just messaged you on FB and then saw an email from APF stating I had a post to respond to here. I have been having issues with emails going to spam ever since I switched over the MS Exchange. It’s driving me nuts! I will look for your email and respond.

We are still here and my cutter is operational! Thank you!!!
Semper Fi,

Robert Perry

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2022, 06:15:05 PM »
I wish SD would ship to Australia, they seem convenient to disassemble and thus not take up much space when not in use. Though I am more into large frames and similar cant be found at size in Australia. eg anything bigger than 1 sheet

Offline USMCSS

• Hobbyist
    • Movie Poster Frames
« Reply #210 on: July 01, 2022, 11:16:01 AM »
I wish SD would ship to Australia, they seem convenient to disassemble and thus not take up much space when not in use. Though I am more into large frames and similar cant be found at size in Australia. eg anything bigger than 1 sheet

Hey buddy, the problem is the shipping cost. We will ship to Australia but for one frame the shipping is more than the cost of the average sized frame. And now probably really crazy. Maybe if you had others from your area go in on some frames.
Semper Fi,

Robert Perry

Offline Heather_Mason_SH3

• Beginner
« Reply #211 on: February 09, 2023, 12:37:53 PM »
I'm going to be getting my last set of frames from Spotlight Displays within the next few weeks before my big move next year! With this, my walls will be mostly covered by some of my favorite posters thanks to these great frames that have held up amazingly over the years! Will get some pictures of where they all end up when I get the chance!
I'd order more but I can only take so much with me on such a long trip! As soon as I settle down in my more (hopefully) permanent living situation I'll definitely be getting more! These have been so easy and convenient to work with and allowed for poster swapping when needed!

Offline Steven11788

• Beginner
« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2023, 07:44:47 AM »
I got like 10 SD and love them. Got a question, if I want do put a wire on the back to hang them. I am putting up the ones for my hall and I already have nails in the wall. I was just wondering

Offline pcarnette

• Beginner
  • Boldy Going... Into Debt
« Reply #213 on: June 27, 2023, 10:08:55 AM »
I'm amassing "low-cost" Star Trek 1 sheets left and right, and now I need something to put them in.  :)

I'm leaning toward Spotlight Displays. I have a few questions though, perhaps you all can help me.

1) Are Spotlight Displays still around? If so, what's the typical delivery time? Do they have still have a promo code for APF?
2) How many posters can you store in a typical frame? The video seems to indicate potentially eight. Is that accurate?
3) When you store multiple posters in a frame, is it safe to have nothing in-between the posters not being displayed in the front or should something be in-between the stored posters? If so, what do you recommend.

I appreciate any insight.

Thanks a lot!