Author Topic: Spotlight Displays  (Read 41619 times)

Offline USMCSS

• Hobbyist
    • Movie Poster Frames
Re: Spotlight Displays
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2016, 06:50:24 PM »
Hi Robert,

I have a question for you regarding your frames. 

I have a downward sloping ceiling, the underside of a staircase from my 1st to 2nd floors, which is above the staircase that leads from my 1st floor to basement.  I want to place three 27" x 41" posters on that downward sloping ceiling.  If I were to use your frames, noting that the frames/posters would be sloping downwards at a roughly 45 degree angle, is there any chance that, over time, gravity would cause the posters to bulge outwards and/or fall out since the overlays are not very thick/solid?

Thanks.

Hello Carlos and thank you for your interest. I don't think you will have any problem at all! I just took one of my frames down that has about 6 Mondo Prints in it and put it at almost a 90 degree angle and did notice any major bulging. And those prints are heavier stock than a movie poster.

Plus you will only have one poster in the frame. The sides snap down pretty good but don't do any damage to the poster at all!

You can put up to a 1/4" standard and maximum in the Wide Border. And 1/8" Standard in the Thin Classic Standard Frame but we can cut it to accommodate up to 1/2" maximum, you would just have to tell me what you want.

Hope this helps!!!!
Semper Fi,

Robert Perry
www.SpotlightDisplays.com

Offline USMCSS

• Hobbyist
    • Movie Poster Frames
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2016, 06:51:27 PM »
Don't want to speak for Robert, but if you need an overlay that is more rigid I think he said 1/8" acrylic would work in the frames as well. 

Thanks Harry!!!
Semper Fi,

Robert Perry

Online TheSundanceKid

• Collector
  • Alpha "Mel" Society, President
    • www.MoviePosterCollectors.guide
« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2017, 06:31:54 AM »
I and my assist David took 30 mins yesterday to assemble an Italian1P and French 1P:

Clip all corners together:

Lay down the overlays:

Voila:

Not shown: Both posters ripped 2-3 times and yours truly fixed them with acid-free tape...

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 06:36:34 AM by TheSundanceKid »

Offline USMCSS

• Hobbyist
    • Movie Poster Frames
« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2017, 08:40:13 AM »
Wow Sundance, they look Great!!!! Thank you for posting!!!! Would like to use these pics to list the Standard Border French 1 P and the Italian 1 P on my site with your permission?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Semper Fi,

Robert Perry

Online marklawd

• Collector
« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2017, 08:46:16 AM »
I love the Repulsion.

Mark

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Curator
    • My Posters
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2017, 11:01:45 AM »
I love the Repulsion.

Mark

It's such a great poster.  One of my favs.

I wanted to pull mine out when Mel first posted his picture, but it's stuck at the bottom of a drawer.  Getting it out is easy, but putting all the posters back, one by one so they are perfectly aligned, is a bitch.  So it shall remain there unfortunately.

T
My Personal Collection of 12,000 Posters

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline USMCSS

• Hobbyist
    • Movie Poster Frames
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2017, 12:02:57 PM »
Oh Man, didn't catch that it was you Mel! Looks great!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Semper Fi,

Robert Perry