Author Topic: I propose a new sub-forum: Annoying sub-forums  (Read 8574 times)

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
I propose a new sub-forum: Annoying sub-forums
« on: July 11, 2011, 02:21:15 PM »
anyone with me??

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
Re: I propose a new sub-forum: Annoying sub-forums
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 02:23:58 PM »
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 11:12:35 PM »
 spam

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 12:10:34 AM »
I do question the need for all the threads, but then again, who am I to question?  It made sense to kick them all into one subforum so that they did not take up the whole general discussion forum.

Soon, though, at the rate it's going, it will be like "Posters with the name Blade Runner" and "Posters with the name Star Wars" and on and on.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 12:12:27 AM »
I do question the need for all the threads, but then again, who am I to question?  It made sense to kick them all into one subforum so that they did not take up the whole general discussion forum.

Soon, though, at the rate it's going, it will be like "Posters with the name Blade Runner" and "Posters with the name Star Wars" and on and on.

The Star Wars thread already exists (not moved yet), but we DO need a Blade Runner one!

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 12:20:36 AM »
The Star Wars thread already exists (not moved yet), but we DO need a Blade Runner one!

You know I was being facetious, right?  On that thought, Thierry and I never had an intention of turning APF into a movie poster database.  If you want a listing of Blade Runner posters, search Bruce's site or Heritage's site.  It does reach the point that too many subcategories misses the point of general groupings, I think.  I think the "red" "green" etc categories are not useful.  I think Mel's "just the facts" category is brilliant, by way of example.  Noir posters?  Absolutely.  "Sideways" posters, not really.  You get the point.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 12:28:32 AM »
You know I was being facetious, right?  On that thought, Thierry and I never had an intention of turning APF into a movie poster database.  If you want a listing of Blade Runner posters, search Bruce's site or Heritage's site.  It does reach the point that too many subcategories misses the point of general groupings, I think.  I think the "red" "green" etc categories are not useful.  I think Mel's "just the facts" category is brilliant, by way of example.  Noir posters?  Absolutely.  "Sideways" posters, not really.  You get the point.

Of course I knew you were being facetious. While your at it, you might as well remove this entire spoof thread like you (or someone) did the others. BTW, I refreshed the list, we're almost there! Mucho thanks again!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:29:12 AM by Chop-Top »

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 12:32:29 AM »
I didn't remove any threads - only moved them. I think that if they're not here, then they are in Let it All Out.  We don't delete things around here, except for an insane moment now and again ;-)
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 12:34:58 AM »
I didn't remove any threads - only moved them. I think that if they're not here, then they are in Let it All Out.  We don't delete things around here, except for an insane moment now and again ;-)

Oops, that's what I meant then...move this to "let it all out". Mucho Gracias.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 12:41:49 AM »
this one I didn't move to the other thread because it seems pertinent here.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 12:45:17 AM »
It's a generalized statement but if you want to make the original post seem just plain silly and obsolete by all means continue on!