Author Topic: I propose a new sub-forum: Movie Posters>Genres  (Read 33773 times)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
Re: I propose a new sub-forum: Movie Posters>Genres
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 06:05:52 PM »
I think the problem is that you posed a question in this thread, but then didn't wait for an answer before doing what you wanted anyway.  And now you are using your pile of new threads as an (circular) argument as to why we should have sub-forums.  Yes, you've made your case. 

Shall we put it to a vote?  As much as I desire a little spring cleaning now and again, I'm not sure this is the way to go about it...

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 06:06:18 PM »
Chop

I think this is how most of us feel

#1 too many sub forums means too much work for most of us to surf through. For instance, right now, in movie posters forums, I only look at this forum and FS because I have limited time as do most people. So anything being chatted in a sub forum is lost on me.

#2 I think the forum just isn't prepared for so many subjects as you posted all at one time and it is not the lack of sub-forums but the sudden bombardment of this particular sub forum that has made spagetti out of it.

in other words, it isn't the lack of a sub-forum, but the completely uncontrolled number of new posts - all of some kind of similar variety - that has made all previous threads get lost. I don't think hardly anyone is prepared to start looking for many dozens of images to post in each subject because of other time constraints, which is why to date there were never more than a few threads of this nature, which is manageable for the majority of people who have jobs.

APF is not a democracy, it is a hands-off dictatorship. Thierry and Holiday being the dictators. But they are not Dick-tators, so it works. However, the rest of the members are in a democracy. No one member has more rights than any other and each of us more or less controls ourselves within certain constraints to prevent the forum from descending into anarchy. Carson had tried to shoe-horn the forum into his own presumption of what it should be (along with trying to force himself in as a real dick-tator) and it was forcefully rejected and Carson the crook is no longer part of this forum (at least publicly)

Myself, I do not want more sub-forums created. It will not expand my participation. Indeed, it could wind up having the opposite effect.
I also don't want any single member clogging up the system, which would have the same effect as making more sub-forums

we can keep picture threads alive truthfully only as long as they are manageable. once they get to an uncontrolled level, the group will disintegrate into complete anarchy & result in negatives, not positives.

+1

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 06:14:42 PM »
I think the problem is that you posed a question in this thread, but then didn't wait for an answer before doing what you wanted anyway.  And now you are using your pile of new threads as an (circular) argument as to why we should have sub-forums.  Yes, you've made your case.  

Shall we put it to a vote?  As much as I desire a little spring cleaning now and again, I'm not sure this is the way to go about it...

My recent posts aside, how does one currently go "browse" various types of movie posters easily? Considering that is one of the main reasons for this forum, as well as discussion, I'm surprised it's not easier to do without "searching" for an old thread, if one can remember the thread name to begin with. I agree, let's put it to a vote. I don't know how to create a poll, someone else will have to do it. Harry how about you?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:15:44 PM by Chop-Top »

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 06:23:09 PM »
Chop

I think this is how most of us feel

#1 too many sub forums means too much work for most of us to surf through. For instance, right now, in movie posters forums, I only look at this forum and FS because I have limited time as do most people. So anything being chatted in a sub forum is lost on me.

#2 I think the forum just isn't prepared for so many subjects as you posted all at one time and it is not the lack of sub-forums but the sudden bombardment of this particular sub forum that has made spagetti out of it.

in other words, it isn't the lack of a sub-forum, but the completely uncontrolled number of new posts - all of some kind of similar variety - that has made all previous threads get lost. I don't think hardly anyone is prepared to start looking for many dozens of images to post in each subject because of other time constraints, which is why to date there were never more than a few threads of this nature, which is manageable for the majority of people who have jobs.

What he said.

raulleaf

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2011, 06:23:34 PM »
I think the problem is that you posed a question in this thread, but then didn't wait for an answer before doing what you wanted anyway.  And now you are using your pile of new threads as an (circular) argument as to why we should have sub-forums.  Yes, you've made your case.  

Shall we put it to a vote?  As much as I desire a little spring cleaning now and again, I'm not sure this is the way to go about it...

Just put the fuckers posts in a sub-forum so I don't have to scan and avoid any post started by chop top or wonka in the general discussion.  Can you also turn them off showing up in the "new replies since you last visited" area?  I personally find them fun but get them out of the general discussion pit; it is somewhat annoying....

Call it "Chop Top's marvelous world of sub categories!"

No offense Top; but I spent all last night looking and posting instead of cataloging my posters. They are addictive and I think they are a good idea, too good.  

Forum members should have the right to stop in and buy but make it a special aisle... for those willing to risk the time drain...  ;)

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:29:02 PM by raulleaf »

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2011, 06:29:43 PM »
No offense Top; but I spent all last night looking and posting instead of cataloging my posters. They are addictive and I think they are a good idea, too good.  

Forum members should have the right to stop in and buy but make it a special aisle... for those willing to risk the time drain...  ;)

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:31:42 PM by Chop-Top »

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 06:52:59 PM »
Wow.  It will take a month of Sundays to merge all those threads.  I'll look and see.  You just need a bigger screen to fit them all on!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2011, 06:57:04 PM »
Wow.  It will take a month of Sundays to merge all those threads.  I'll look and see.  You just need a bigger screen to fit them all on!

Thanks for doing it Holiday, but it only took me about an hour to find and list them. Of course, I have no idea what is required to move them.

EDIT: I saw you said merge. You shouldn't have to merge anything. Just create a sub-forum under Movie Posters called "Genres" or "Compilations" and drag all of those threads I listed in the OP to that new sub-forum. Done.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:58:47 PM by Chop-Top »

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
MOVED: I propose a new sub-forum: Movie Posters>Genres
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2011, 06:59:19 PM »
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: MOVED: I propose a new sub-forum: Movie Posters>Genres
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2011, 07:19:13 PM »
There's a new sub-board for "Genres"  It'll take a while to move all of the threads.  I've moved a bunch, but now I have a headache!  Would the other Mods please move the threads as they see fit to the new board.

Thanks!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2011, 07:28:49 PM »
was chop-top taking meth yesterday or sumthin??

raulleaf

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2011, 07:57:53 PM »

Top Chop: I told that fuck down at the the APF office... who's in charge of sub-forums?
Forum: Chop Top...
Wonka: Holiday.
Top Chop: I told that Japanese poster lover a fucking thousand times that I don't roll in General Discussion!
Forum: Chop Top...
Wonka: I already posted it.
Top Chop: Well they can't *fucking unpost it*!
Forum: Who gives a shit! You're gonna kill the old timers, man! What am I gonna tell Holiday when WW23 starts?
Top Chop: C'mon Dude, eventually the old timers will get sick of our little game and, you know, create a sub forum.
Wonka:Why don't we just create 50+ new posts in the General Discussion area, Top Chop?
Top Chop: Yeah, what can they do?
Wonka: Really?
Forum: Yeah, and in the meantime, what do I tell Holiday? You know about having to move all the posts once were WINNING.
Top Chop: General Discussion, Wonka, is public domain, the there is nothing they can do. That means that they can't delete them, they can't ignore them, were anonymouse, I don't care about nothing but WINNING!, and I sure as shit *don't want to fucking roll in General Discussion*!
Wonka: Sheesh.
Top Chop: New Sub Forums!
Forum: Chop Top, how are we going to...
Top Chop: New fucking Sub Forum!
Forum: Oh fuck it. I'm out of here.
Chop Top: Come on, APF...
[rolls his eyes at Wonka]
Chop Top: Fucking BABY...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:30:54 PM by raulleaf »

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2011, 08:21:01 PM »
Don't even know what to say, or especially how to even decipher your last nonsensical dreck post Charlie...but Chop, I am glad that you have your new playground.

Better put some cameras up...some hooligans may stop by with a can of spray paint in the wee hours...hmm...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:25:44 PM by wonka »
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2011, 08:25:02 PM »

Agree with this, nothing to debate here from the other side but I am sure an effort isn't out of the question.

Also don't forget the now-moderated F-bomb and cock insults directed to the forum that can be added to the pile of Crazy.

"Josey Wales IS A TEASER!!! FUCK OFF! Imbeciles! I am out....but can we have a sub forum?"

Anyway. Posters are fun.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:26:15 PM by wonka »

I was mistaken,

raulleaf

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2011, 08:26:55 PM »
Don't even know what to say, or especially how to even decipher your last nonsensical spewpost Charlie...but Chop, I am glad that you have your new playground.

Better put some cameras up...some hooligans may stop by with a can of spray paint in the wee hours...hmm...

When I first saw Chop Top's post about winning I fired off but missed the meth reference and instead of deleting I just did a strike through. Removed now no harshness intended....
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:29:02 PM by raulleaf »

raulleaf

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2011, 08:28:30 PM »
Don't even know what to say, or especially how to even decipher your last nonsensical dreck post Charlie...but Chop, I am glad that you have your new playground.

It the Big Lebowski APF style. Dude....

The Dude: Walter... what am I going to tell Lebowski?
Walter Sobchak: I told that fuck down at the league office... who's in charge of scheduling?
The Dude: Walter...
Donny: Burkhalter.
Walter Sobchak: I told that kraut a fucking thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!
The Dude: Walter...
Donny: They already posted it.
Walter Sobchak: Well they can *fucking unpost it*!
The Dude: Who gives a shit! They're gonna kill that poor woman, man! What am I gonna tell Lebowski?
Walter Sobchak: C'mon Dude, eventually she'll get sick of her little game and, you know, wander on back.
Donny: How come you don't roll on Saturday, Walter?
Walter Sobchak: I'm shomer shabbos.
Donny: What's that?
The Dude: Yeah, and in the meantime, what do I tell Lebowski?
Walter Sobchak: Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't drive a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't handle money, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit *don't fucking roll*!
Donny: Sheesh.
Walter Sobchak: Shomer shabbos!
The Dude: Walter, how am I going to...
Walter Sobchak: Shomer fucking shabbos.
The Dude: Oh fuck it. I'm out of here.
Walter Sobchak: Come on, Dude...
[rolls his eyes at Donny]
Walter Sobchak: Fucking BABY...
[Donny nods]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:30:20 PM by raulleaf »

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2011, 08:28:55 PM »
When I first saw Chop Top's post about winning it fired off and instead of deleting I just did a strike through. Removed now no harshness intended....

We're better friends for it.

I was mistaken,

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2011, 09:54:09 PM »
Thanks Holiday for your fine work. Mods, here's the remaining threads to be moved:

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,2632.0.html
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:54:40 PM by Chop-Top »

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2011, 11:13:29 PM »
bump

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2011, 12:13:27 AM »
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2011, 12:36:59 AM »
Got it. Isn't this a phantom thread now?

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2011, 12:40:44 AM »
Got it. Isn't this a phantom thread now?

Probably.  Once the whole list is done, this thread is done and I'll lock it.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2011, 12:46:07 AM »
Probably.  Once the whole list is done, this thread is done and I'll lock it.

Ok, but the real thread is down below, this is the "moved" copy of it.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2011, 10:19:20 PM »
And are these not supposed to be posters you own instead of "who is the best googler?"

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2011, 10:46:21 PM »
And are these not supposed to be posters you own instead of "who is the best googler?"

Was that a formal rule? Every single picture posted by others is what they own? BTW, my "Googling" as you claim caused real POSITIVE change to this forum...something you've done as well? The day one of the assholes on this forum, besides Holiday, admits the change was for the best will be the day that fucking pigs start flying. And until that happens expect to see it thrown back in your faces when you post this type of nonsense.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:53:19 PM by Chop-Top »