Author Topic: "Tricked out" movie posters - posters with unique physical characteristics  (Read 40845 times)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Haha no, high on life, it should read "years" of course.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Through the Stones

Haha no, high on life, it should read "years" of course.

And here I thought he was just going for a Bostonian accent.

Threenero

It is paper. I've seen the poster listed as 'die-cut' but don't know if that helps. I imagine there was a large press the would simply come down on the stack and shear away the bite area. Just a guess.

That's exactly what it is. it's like attaching a big cookie cutter to a hydraulic press...they normally can cut stacks around an inch thick. any thicker and the blades start to flex off square. the blades are inserted into a laser etched piece of wood that is attached to the top of the press and there is another lasered piece of wood on the bottom of the stack that the blades fit into after they've passed through the stack.

Offline Ari

• Curator
Note a die, is also the term for the mould (which isn't a mould) that coins are struck from,
Coins are struck not moulded.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
Rare one sheet for 36 Quai des Orfèvres

Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder

Vincent Gallo sent me as a bonus this one-of-a-kind "footprint" version of The Brown Bunny.

Mark

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
Great poster for a great film, and a gift from Mr Gallo himself...  clap
Matias

Offline Ari

• Curator
Wonder if there's also semen.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
I think Chloe took care of that.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
Wonder if there's also semen.

You can't afford it.
Matias

Offline Ari

• Curator
How much did he want for it again?
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
a million, with certain conditions:

Vincent Gallo's Sperm

$1,000,000.00

Price includes all costs related to one attempt at an in-vitro fertilization. (A $50,000 value) If the first attempt at in vitro fertilization is unsuccessful, purchaser of sperm must pay all medical costs related to additional attempts. Mr. Gallo will supply sperm for as many attempts as it takes to complete a successful fertilization and successful delivery. Sperm is 100% guaranteed to be donated by Mr. Gallo who is drug, alcohol and disease free. If the purchaser of the sperm chooses the option of natural insemination, there is an additional charge of $500,000. However, if after being presented detailed photographs of the purchaser, Mr. Gallo may be willing to waive the natural insemination fee and charge only for the sperm itself. Those of you who have found this merchandise page are very well aware of Mr. Gallo's multiple talents, but to add further insight into the value of Mr. Gallo's sperm, aside from being multi talented in all creative fields, he was also multi talented as an athlete, winning several awards for performing in the games of baseball, football and hockey and making it to the professional level of grand prix motorcycle racing. Mr. Gallo is 5'11" and has blue eyes. There are no known genetic deformities in his ancestry (no cripples) and no history of congenital diseases. If you have seen The Brown Bunny, you know the potential size of the genitals if it's a boy. (8 inches if he's like his father.) I don't know exactly how a well hung father can enhance the physical makeup of a female baby, but it can't hurt. Mr. Gallo also presently maintains a distinctively full head of hair and at the age of 43 has surprisingly few gray hairs. Though his features are sharp and extreme, they would probably blend well with a softer, more subtly featured female. Mr. Gallo maintains the right to refuse sale of his sperm to those of extremely dark complexions. Though a fan of Franco Harris, Derek Jeter, Lenny Kravitz and Lena Horne, Mr. Gallo does not want to be part of that type of integration. In fact, for the next 30 days, he is offering a $50,000 discount to any potential female purchaser who can prove she has naturally blonde hair and blue eyes. Anyone who can prove a direct family link to any of the German soldiers of the mid-century will also receive this discount. Under the laws of the Jewish faith, a Jewish mother would qualify a baby to be deemed a member of the Jewish religion. This would be added incentive for Mr. Gallo to sell his sperm to a Jew mother, his reasoning being with the slim chance that his child moved into the profession of motion picture acting or became a musical performer, this connection to the Jewish faith would guarantee his offspring a better chance at good reviews and maybe even a prize at the Sundance Film Festival or an Oscar. To be clear, the purchase of Mr. Gallo's sperm does not include the use of the name Gallo. The purchaser must find another surname for the child.

This service is available, but is only payable by cash, checks, and/or bank wire.  No credit card payments accepted for this item.

http://www.vgmerchandise.com/store/pages.php?pageid=4
Matias

Offline Ari

• Curator
Bargain.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
deleted
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 04:04:10 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
deleted

Brandon,

Why did u delete that cool "shark bite" poster you got?  dontknow.gif

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
I saw it on eBay, and I couldn't confirm that it's an original, as I didn't see another anywhere else.  After thinking about it, the detail of the cuts indicate that it is likely an original, that was made with the type of dies specifically designed for that.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: "Tricked out" movie posters - posters with unique physical characteristics
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2016, 06:12:51 PM »
In talking about the Stout sheet metal poster for Robocop in the Wanted board, I remembered the special poster that was also made of sheet metal for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011). It was die cut into the shape of a razor blade. So it seemed a good fit in this genre thread.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:25:29 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Re: "Tricked out" movie posters - posters with unique physical characteristics
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2016, 08:14:38 PM »
Good call, Jeff.  It's a cool piece, inspired by the girl's pendant on her necklace.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Japanese triptych for Moonlight (2016)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 05:59:01 PM by Neo »

guest4955

guest4955

Spent 5 minutes trying to track down previous trick thread....

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Vincent Gallo sent me as a bonus this one-of-a-kind "footprint" version of The Brown Bunny.

Mark

Cool piece there, ML.  I recently heard about the infamous scene with Chloë Sevigny in this movie.

Do the footprints reference something in the movie?  Interesting how he wrote all that stuff, in addition to his signature.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 10:46:42 AM by Neo »