Author Topic: Curious about if this would be a fair trade or not  (Read 3051 times)

Juli

Curious about if this would be a fair trade or not
« on: June 20, 2011, 12:57:47 PM »
Since I am tight on money I had an idea. I am looking to get an original Shawshank Redemption One Sheet poster (preferably DS) but don't want to spend much money (even $33 with $30 shipping is too much to spare right now). I know those posters are quite expensive/valuable, then I thought about this: I have this Raiders of the Lost Ark One Sheet (folded) that I bought in 2008 a few months before the 4th Indiana Jones (I know yuck) came out. I bought this poster from Hollywood Book and Poster Company and was told they are reputable when it comes to poster's authenticity.

Here is a picture of my Raiders poster so you can see the condition:

The only reason why I would maybe give this up for Shawshank is simply because I like the movie The Shawshank Redemption better....BUT I think I like this poster design better. But I do like Shawshank's poster design quite a bit too. Hmm..

Anyway, would it be a fair trade or would I be getting ripped off? Or even perhaps the better end of the deal?

Thanks for any input. Not sure if I'd do this trade or not but just something floating around in my head.

~ Juli
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:59:13 PM by Juli »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Curious about if this would be a fair trade or not
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 01:44:56 PM »
Personally, I would be keeping the the Raiders without a second thought!

Also, the Raiders is probably "worth" more than $63 on most days.
Chris

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 01:56:00 PM »
Personally, I would be keeping the the Raiders without a second thought!

Also, the Raiders is probably "worth" more than $63 on most days.

My thoughts exactly.
I would save up the money for SHAWSHANK and hold onto the RAIDERS.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 02:08:25 PM »
Your Raiders is in superb condition and should go for $150-$200.  That's the same price range for a double-sided Shawshanks in excellent condition, so I'd say a trade is not unreasonable.  Perhaps your best bet is to sell the Raiders for $200 if you can and try to snag a good deal on a Shawshank that comes through Ebay.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 02:42:35 PM »
Sorry to say, but Raiders is no longer a $150-200 poster.  I blame part 4. 

I bought my 81 and R82 for about $100 each... both are rolled.  eMovie may get more, but that is the exception, not the rule I think...

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 02:40:50 PM »
Sorry to say, but Raiders is no longer a $150-200 poster.  I blame Lucas

Harry, fixed that for ya. ;)

Honestly, these are going for less than $100 in folded condition. I would say $60ish for the original release is fair on a folded one at this point (but don't expect this to last long), and under $50 for the 1982R, folded of course.

Juli, I would hang on to that poster. It's in great shape, and a classic image from a classic film.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,