Author Topic: Drew Struzan Collection  (Read 19116 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Drew Struzan Collection
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 01:59:53 PM »
That was a great read, T.  Thanks for posting it!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2015, 06:02:54 PM »
Zowie! You seem to have EVERYTHING!  Struzan has always been a favorite...and looking at these reminds me again of why I collect posters AND how bummed I am that the modern posters are almost exclusively photoshopped  crap-a-rama. I loved it when they featured REAL art like this. DANG!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2015, 11:16:58 AM »
Another new one from Drew Struzan.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2019, 04:51:25 AM »
https://www.slashfilm.com/blade-runner-poster-drew-struzan/

Not sure if this will be of any interest, but in the interests of full disclosure...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2019, 10:44:54 AM »
Been waiting for this.  The variant is mine!!!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2019, 09:13:46 PM »
Been waiting for this.  The variant is mine!!!

T

so what is the difference between the standard and the variant as I can't see any at all??

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2019, 09:38:29 PM »
Another new one from Drew Struzan.

Looks like a half ass, toss off poster. Surprised DS would agree to do something so mediocre. But money talks and he's talented. ;)

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2019, 09:46:37 PM »
so what is the difference between the standard and the variant as I can't see any at all??

The reg has the title and is an open edition (an absolute no no in my book). The variant had a 220 print count and no title.  You can see it on the front page of my website.)

T

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2019, 09:58:06 PM »
Oh yes, it looks shit with just the title on it, would have looked better with the full credit list on it etc so it looked more like a movie poster then I may have gone for it.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2019, 10:00:11 PM »
Oh yes, it looks shit with just the title on it, would have looked better with the full credit list on it etc so it looked more like a movie poster then I may have gone for it.

And remember..its just a poster art print... not a legit theatrical RR poster.

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2019, 10:14:21 PM »

I agree.  No point in that.  The only reason I bought the art print is because I like the design.  If you want the credits, you can buy the 10 year anniversary or Scott’s director’s cut poster.  I ant remember which, but I have it on my website too if you search Blade Runner.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2019, 09:32:27 AM »
https://www.slashfilm.com/how-to-train-your-dragon-the-hidden-world-posters/

And apparently he is out of retirement, temporarily.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2020, 03:09:09 PM »
I got all 4.  Not sure why.  Probably because it’s Spielberg, it’s Zemeckis and they’re all signed by Struzan.  Now I hope that the printing is better than the first BttF.  It was so bad I ended up gifting it to the child of a friend of mine who has since destroyed it.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2020, 04:52:04 AM »
Good man - let us know about the printing.

The other part to your post was hilarious...

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2020, 06:21:44 AM »
T - general consensus seems to be that Part 1 printing was poor (handled by Hero Complex Gallery), but Part 2 printing was very good (handled by Bottleneck Gallery). I think the printing on Part 3 will be good as it's Bottleneck Gallery.

I like the 'unused' concept with the train. I put unused in inverted commas as I suppose it's now 'used'

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2020, 12:26:25 PM »
Tob, poor is a kind way to put it.  It was simply awful.  I even did a side by side comparison and sent it to the Hero Complex folks and they answered that it was on me since no one else had complained.  I keep a lot of shit in my collection, but I couldn’t keep that one and I won’t be buying from them again.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2021, 05:55:00 PM »
New Struzan this morning.

The guy needs to eat and he's unloading a lot of unpublished work, but I for one really enjoy it.

T

My Personal Collection

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2021, 05:35:43 AM »
Tob, poor is a kind way to put it.  It was simply awful.  I even did a side by side comparison and sent it to the Hero Complex folks and they answered that it was on me since no one else had complained.  I keep a lot of shit in my collection, but I couldn’t keep that one and I won’t be buying from them again.

T

I was reading the Bottleneck Gallery thread on expresso beans this morning and it sounds like they’re trying to figure out a way to do part 1 so it’s printed properly and matches part 2 and 3, but so it’s fair for those that bought the badly printed version from Hero Complex Gallery.