Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2824497 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #10325 on: March 24, 2019, 04:52:11 PM »
HA has yet another two million dollar sale.
Congrats to Grey Smith

cheers sm1

And I’m 0.5% of that total.  Pathetic :(

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10326 on: March 24, 2019, 04:58:26 PM »
HA has yet another two million dollar sale.
Congrats to Grey Smith

cheers sm1

Bravo to Grey and HA, once again, to another OUTSTANDING Signature auction!!

clap clap  thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #10327 on: March 24, 2019, 06:27:10 PM »
And I’m 0.5% of that total.  Pathetic :(

T

wow.. that corresponds perfectly with what I sold..... I wonder if you bought MY STUFF
 ;D

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10328 on: March 24, 2019, 06:44:39 PM »
wow.. that corresponds perfectly with what I sold..... I wonder if you bought MY STUFF
 ;D

You can see it on my website.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10329 on: March 24, 2019, 08:35:27 PM »

-Jeff

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #10330 on: March 24, 2019, 09:06:19 PM »
I only bought this folded Dr Cyclops (1940) OS at HA Sig this weekend.  Sadly, too much of the stuff I like that is up for auction is linen backed these days.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #10331 on: March 24, 2019, 10:01:27 PM »
I only bought this folded Dr Cyclops (1940) OS at HA Sig this weekend.  Sadly, too much of the stuff I like that is up for auction is linen backed these days.

Congratulations, Antoine! Great Dr. C!  Okie

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10332 on: March 24, 2019, 10:18:04 PM »
Sadly, too much of the stuff I like that is up for auction is linen backed these days.

Yes, I agree.  It stops me from buying a lot of stuff at Emovie and HA.  For some pieces, I have to pull the trigger because I don't know how to find them otherwise, but I really hate it.

T
My Personal Collection

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10333 on: March 24, 2019, 10:32:17 PM »

yes. I turned down 3 Chandler pieces in this auction because they are backed, but I did win the Blue Dahlia one sheet from Australia

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #10334 on: March 25, 2019, 09:39:02 PM »
yes. I turned down 3 Chandler pieces in this auction because they are backed, but I did win the Blue Dahlia one sheet from Australia

Hi Richie, Congrats on the Aussie Blue Dahlia!  Can't be many of those around, eh?!  Okie

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10335 on: March 26, 2019, 01:11:36 AM »
Hi Richie, Congrats on the Aussie Blue Dahlia!  Can't be many of those around, eh?!  Okie

I've turned a couple down over the years because they were backed.
this one is folded. Still looks like gradeschoolers were doing the Australian art

-------

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10336 on: March 26, 2019, 01:42:20 AM »
I've turned a couple down over the years because they were backed.
this one is folded. Still looks like gradeschoolers were doing the Australian art

I know you got it because you’re a completist, and I would have done the same.  But I don’t understand how those Australian artists manage to destroy fine US art to the point where you can’t recognize anyone.  What’s up with that?

T
My Personal Collection

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10337 on: March 26, 2019, 01:57:53 AM »
I know you got it because you’re a completist, and I would have done the same.  But I don’t understand how those Australian artists manage to destroy fine US art to the point where you can’t recognize anyone.  What’s up with that?

T

they obviously were reflecting the image off of one of these mirrors

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic

-Jeff

Online jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #10339 on: March 29, 2019, 05:50:34 PM »
Not worth that to me given the condition, but it takes two to tango. The buyer and underbidder doubled the price as this auction was closing.
At least they knew what they were bidding on.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #10340 on: April 09, 2019, 10:12:40 PM »
Phoebe Cates is still very popular it seems based on tonight's EMP result of $310 for her Fast Times at Ridgemont High Japanese B2.  Wow!   Okie

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10341 on: April 09, 2019, 11:08:50 PM »
There is a handful of bidders at Emovie who can't stand to lose, no matter what.  They will keep bidding, even if it makes zero common sense.  I've played the game a couple of times of bidding way over what I wanted to pay just to see if they would follow.  I was willing to take the risk just to confirm my assumption.  And I was right.  I remember one instance where one of those bidders paid $300 over the previous high price.

It will not stop me from trying, though, especially if I really want something.

T
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 11:09:54 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #10342 on: April 10, 2019, 10:59:35 PM »
There is a handful of bidders at Emovie who can't stand to lose, no matter what.  They will keep bidding, even if it makes zero common sense.  I've played the game a couple of times of bidding way over what I wanted to pay just to see if they would follow.  I was willing to take the risk just to confirm my assumption.  And I was right.  I remember one instance where one of those bidders paid $300 over the previous high price.

It will not stop me from trying, though, especially if I really want something.

T

Thierry is actually in tier 2 of this group of bidders, as I have seen some of his bids that also make no sense  ;D

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #10343 on: April 11, 2019, 12:15:50 AM »
I've lost the same poster twice to the same guy now in the past month at ridiculous prices. I do the sane thing and let him have them, but I do wonder at times how high he'd go. He'll pay anything just to win. At least I feel a bit better knowing I helped make a bit more money for Emovie by driving the price up.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #10344 on: April 11, 2019, 04:31:58 AM »
Sorry, the same guy wanted two posters of identical nature?  And beat you both times?

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #10345 on: April 11, 2019, 09:44:39 AM »
Yup - must be an ego thing.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10346 on: April 11, 2019, 11:20:35 AM »
I've lost the same poster twice to the same guy now in the past month at ridiculous prices. I do the sane thing and let him have them, but I do wonder at times how high he'd go. He'll pay anything just to win. At least I feel a bit better knowing I helped make a bit more money for Emovie by driving the price up.

What was the poster that u lost out twice on?

-Jeff

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #10347 on: April 11, 2019, 11:55:32 AM »
Japanese B2 Suspiria - I found a cheaper one on ebay since then. Still, I trust EMP more for quality and shipping.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 11:58:04 AM by Dr Bill »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10348 on: April 11, 2019, 12:06:06 PM »
Japanese B2 Suspiria - I found a cheaper one on ebay since then. Still, I trust EMP more for quality and shipping.

Seems buying dupes of a poster is rather common, as I posted in this thread, too, Dr Bill:

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,4290.0.html

-Jeff

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #10349 on: April 11, 2019, 12:14:56 PM »
Not that there's anything wrong with that, I was just scratching my head as to why. The bidder was one of several who seems to have unlimited funds and always gets what he wants at any price, even when it's way above ebay prices. But all's fair at auction - that's just not me.