Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2795359 times)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #10075 on: September 14, 2018, 08:34:13 PM »
What happened to all the camaraderie guys?  :-\
Yes good question
i also love camaraderie but holycrap do i ever i hate Chris

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #10076 on: September 14, 2018, 08:39:48 PM »
Yes good question
i also love camaraderie but holycrap do i ever i hate Chris

Chris is funny, though.  But, fun can lead to hate.  I want to meet him someday so we can have so much fun that I can hate him properly.  Sounds like you and Chris had too many good times, eh, Crazy Vick?  Okie

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #10077 on: September 14, 2018, 09:41:20 PM »
Some think the weather is the coolest thing in Canada, but actually the coolest thing in Canada is Chris
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #10078 on: September 14, 2018, 10:35:12 PM »
Some think the weather is the coolest thing in Canada, but actually the coolest thing in Canada is Chris

The cold shoulder can be funny, Matias?  Ah, heck, darn, dagnabbit, we're all Americans North to/a Sur.  It's hard to hate Chris, and I don't even know him.

Okie

Okie

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10079 on: September 15, 2018, 12:18:12 AM »
Chris

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #10080 on: September 15, 2018, 04:07:59 PM »
"Want to see something cute?" <click> "Don't touch my knife! It makes me angry! Very, very angry!" Mitchum at his most dangerous. NIGHT OF THE HUNTER and CAPE FEAR.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #10081 on: September 15, 2018, 07:46:52 PM »

Was that ever printed as a still?  I want it!

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #10082 on: September 15, 2018, 08:37:16 PM »
The cold shoulder can be funny, Matias?  Ah, heck, darn, dagnabbit, we're all Americans North to/a Sur.  It's hard to hate Chris, and I don't even know him.

Okie

:D
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #10083 on: September 17, 2018, 04:19:27 AM »
Sir, with respect, I think you misunderstood, or did not read the comment to which you were reacting.

Again, I said 'there was precious little shilling when it came to chocolate'.  The pertinent word there being 'chocolate', and the inferred 'purchase' thereof.

Of course I believe there exists to be shilling with 'posters' and the 'auctioning' thereof.

My initial comment was one of highlighting the comparing of non like for non like.  'Twas all...

let me couch the question differently Simon, do you believe there is wide spread and systemic shill bidding going on, and if so, why?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10084 on: September 17, 2018, 04:37:34 AM »
Hey Brandon,

I don't believe I'm morally superior to other people, until they prove they are morally inferior to anyone.

You don't like what yuo think are ad hominem attacks, well then listen to me close dipshit, don't be engaging in this garbage, where you try to make digs or use ad hominem attacks. Act like an adult and you'll be treated like an adult.

it seems only a LMFAO sent you on this course. Only children are set off so easily

moreover,  if you think any of this ignorant crap is intelligent, you are wrong. Cut it out, or I will respond in exactly the way you deserve to be responded to.

What next, a bogus politcal meme?

There are several people, sharing specific details of their experiences.

You shared paragraphs of how you interpret some things, which similar to other things, are misinterpretations.

No, you clearly misinterpret things to fit your little agenda.. whether it's with your self-acclaimed ultimate defender of auction house practices or politics.

You ignored the statements from various people with their experiences, and proceed on your own usual spiel. 

It's no secret of many auction houses' methods.

Your idea of "intellectual acuity" is regurgitating the same spiel, about how you and your favorite places and people are perfect little angels, and trying to trash other people by bad mouthing them.  Nothing new here.

by the way, apparently you missed the part where I referenced one guy in that thread, so clearly I read the thread and you can't read or understand my comments. That's on you.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #10085 on: September 17, 2018, 04:38:36 AM »
Deep breath.

If someone is buying a piece of chocolate from a shop, there is no shill bidding, systematic or otherwise.

If someone is bidding on an auction item, I am sure there is an element of shill bidding.  I couldn't possibly comment on how systematic or endemic it is.

You said earlier, "Shill bidding is a boogie man and only practiced by the ignorant and foolish", so the fact you say it is practised suggests it exists.

But, even though I must admit to losing the will to live, all I was initially pointing out was that chocolate is mostly bought from shops, and not bid on at auctions.  A none comment if you will, and not at all deserving of such interest or discussion.

Cheerio.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10086 on: September 17, 2018, 04:45:07 AM »
Deep breath.

If someone is buying a piece of chocolate from a shop, there is no shill bidding, systematic or otherwise.

If someone is bidding on an auction item, I am sure there is an element of shill bidding.  I couldn't possibly comment on how systematic or endemic it is.

You said earlier, "Shill bidding is a boogie man and only practiced by the ignorant and foolish", so the fact you say it is practised suggests it exists.

But, even though I must admit to losing the will to live, all I was initially pointing out was that chocolate is mostly bought from shops, and not bid on at auctions.  A none comment if you will, and not at all deserving of such interest or discussion.

Cheerio.

my comment on chocolate had nothing to do with shill bidding Simes, it had to do with why people at one auction will only pay $50 for a Pink Panther poster and for some reason $5000 at another. I seriously doubt there is any shill bidding going in such a situation, as it would be impossible to know that anyone might pay such a price and that there might be an underbidder or two or three.

That was the chocolate comparison. I only asked you about the shill bidding, because you answered with a statement on shill bidding

-------

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #10087 on: September 17, 2018, 11:35:43 AM »
Hey Brandon,

I don't believe I'm morally superior to other people, until they prove they are morally inferior to anyone.

You don't like what yuo think are ad hominem attacks, well then listen to me close dipshit, don't be engaging in this garbage, where you try to make digs or use ad hominem attacks. Act like an adult and you'll be treated like an adult.

it seems only a LMFAO sent you on this course. Only children are set off so easily

moreover,  if you think any of this ignorant crap is intelligent, you are wrong. Cut it out, or I will respond in exactly the way you deserve to be responded to.

by the way, apparently you missed the part where I referenced one guy in that thread, so clearly I read the thread and you can't read or understand my comments. That's on you.

No, after your brilliant "LMFAO" reply, I was questioning whether you're going to ignore all the facts of the case and post political garbage, as you have done in the past.

Your "intelligence" of regurgitating the same, tired argument, even when you've been proven you're wrong, then calling people names and being vitriolic, is your MO.  Good luck with that.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #10088 on: October 06, 2018, 12:31:33 AM »
This Adventures in Babysitting OS went for 2.5 times the highest it's ever sold for at eMovie... or so I thought... until I clicked on it and saw it's the international version.  Cool.  The only one I've seen.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #10089 on: October 06, 2018, 09:35:54 AM »
the image is different as well.  Similar, but different characters hanging from the rope.
-Jay-

guest4955

« Reply #10090 on: October 06, 2018, 07:04:27 PM »
A mess of fuss over...

Orig release:

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10091 on: October 10, 2018, 12:36:53 PM »
No, after your brilliant "LMFAO" reply, I was questioning whether you're going to ignore all the facts of the case and post political garbage, as you have done in the past.

Your "intelligence" of regurgitating the same, tired argument, even when you've been proven you're wrong, then calling people names and being vitriolic, is your MO.  Good luck with that.

I tell you what, how's this for a good reply: go fuck yourself
be a bitch, but be a bitch with someone else

-------

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #10092 on: October 10, 2018, 03:54:31 PM »
I tell you what, how's this for a good reply: go fuck yourself
be a bitch, but be a bitch with someone else

You're taking your vitriol here to new levels.  imbecile.gif

Maybe my most recent post in thread triggered you, in which several people shared some factual information:  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,8856.0.html

Regarding all your toxic nonsense, good luck with that.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 04:43:25 PM by Neo »

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #10093 on: October 11, 2018, 11:59:41 AM »
A mess of fuss over...

Orig release:

The original release Invisible Ghost poster is an incredible stone-litho with amazing colors and is considered one of the top handful of Lugosi one-sheets. It has topped $8,000 at auction before and is quite rare.

The Astor re-release is an offset poster using the same image, but if you've ever seen them side-by-side there is just no comparison. It is a much more affordable way to get the great image of Lugosi though and is what fills the hole in most collections.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10094 on: October 11, 2018, 12:23:11 PM »
The original release Invisible Ghost poster is an incredible stone-litho with amazing colors and is considered one of the top handful of Lugosi one-sheets. It has topped $8,000 at auction before and is quite rare.

The Astor re-release is an offset poster using the same image, but if you've ever seen them side-by-side there is just no comparison. It is a much more affordable way to get the great image of Lugosi though and is what fills the hole in most collections.

I wonder what went into (thought wise), blackening out the original production credits and overprinting that corner with "Released Thru Astor Pictures Corp, when the Astor logo was also placed over the original Monogram logo? You'd think Astor would have wanted to keep the producer, director and screen writers' credits, but obviously, they felt their name was more important.

A bit of double down, it seems.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 12:27:16 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic

-Jeff

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #10096 on: October 13, 2018, 01:59:48 PM »
Nice.... and I think a great deal was gotten here, too.
Winning bid of $92.00
THE KING AND I- 1 French 1P

Pretty poster, but unfortunately even with Brynner winning an Oscar for this, it seems to be one of those titles with less and less interest in it every year.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10097 on: October 15, 2018, 02:23:22 PM »
You're taking your vitriol here to new levels.  imbecile.gif
Regarding all your toxic nonsense, good luck with that.

hey Neo.. you need to go shopping again, It appears you need some more of these.

-------

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #10098 on: October 15, 2018, 04:57:18 PM »
hey Neo.. you need to go shopping again, It appears you need some more of these.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #10099 on: October 17, 2018, 05:25:09 PM »