Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2823130 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #6025 on: March 25, 2014, 08:24:05 PM »
I know that.  I'm more annoyed with the CC 3%.  With all the money they make, I think they could at least let go of the CC fees.  Does Bruce charge them too?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Bruce

« Reply #6026 on: March 25, 2014, 08:48:07 PM »

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
    • CineMasterpieces Movie Posters
« Reply #6027 on: March 25, 2014, 08:54:11 PM »
Would you like some brie to go with that whine?  ;D

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6028 on: March 25, 2014, 08:57:06 PM »
No Dave, but I would like you to open a book and start learning about movie posters.

Here's a good one...

Italian Movie Posters

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6029 on: March 25, 2014, 09:01:30 PM »
NO!

I thought not.  I ended up paying them straight from my bank account, which is not always convenient.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6030 on: March 25, 2014, 09:20:03 PM »
I know that.  I'm more annoyed with the CC 3%.  With all the money they make, I think they could at least let go of the CC fees.  Does Bruce charge them too?

T

It would seem like a better perk to NOT charge that 3% fee, for any CC buys that are $2500.00 or more.

Waive that fee for those higher end buys and (if they are keen on having that fee at all), apply it to purchases below that amount?  :-\

-Jeff

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #6031 on: March 25, 2014, 09:24:14 PM »
No Dave, but I would like you to open a book and start learning about movie posters.

Here's a good one...

Italian Movie Posters

T

:D
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6032 on: March 25, 2014, 09:25:56 PM »
And be sure to spell Ballester with TWO L's..

;D

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6033 on: March 25, 2014, 09:29:23 PM »
It would seem like a better perk to NOT charge that 3% fee, for any CC buys that are $2500.00 or more.

Waive that fee for those higher end buys and (if they are keen on having that fee at all), apply it to purchases below that amount?  :-\

It just adds up.  With the CA tax, that's about 12% extra.  If you spend $5,000, that's another $600.  Not cool is all I'm saying.

I have a feeling Dave charges it too.   wynk

Go Bruce!!!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6034 on: March 26, 2014, 12:29:57 AM »
I think the Argentinean Gilda was a great price!  Congrats to the winner...I thought it would go for more so didn't follow too closely...
Chris

Online kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #6035 on: March 26, 2014, 02:10:05 AM »

T

Take them a truckload of pennies.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

guest4185

« Reply #6036 on: March 26, 2014, 05:56:05 AM »
3% credit card fee is well above usual standards and hard to justify. They have some great stuff that I would like but I will continue to not buy there because of this and other service problems I encountered in the past as a buyer and one-off seller.

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #6037 on: March 26, 2014, 08:50:46 AM »
Yes, everyone please stop buying there so I can get some bargains. Thank you in advance.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #6038 on: March 26, 2014, 08:55:12 AM »
What did ya get, Thierry?
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #6039 on: March 26, 2014, 12:29:41 PM »
As I've said before, "You young'uns, and your paying through the nose for posters"... ;)

Hope they were worth it T, post them on here when you get the chance.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6040 on: March 26, 2014, 02:01:33 PM »
Everything I buy is always on my website, guys.  Click on the "Last 100 Purchases" link.

T
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 02:02:16 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Mirosae

« Reply #6041 on: March 26, 2014, 02:10:54 PM »
So I just paid Heritage and I'm a little taken aback.  Not only do they charge the seller and the buyer, not only do they charge an extra 9% for California residents, they also charge 3% if you use a credit card on purchases over $2,500.  Really, they can't eat that fee?  They don't make enough?  A little pissed off. 

T

This must be a new thing? I can't remember paying that fee last time I bought one over that price. I don't like it either. And the postage is also very, very expensive.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #6042 on: March 26, 2014, 03:39:20 PM »
So I just paid Heritage and I'm a little taken aback.  Not only do they charge the seller and the buyer, not only do they charge an extra 9% for California residents, they also charge 3% if you use a credit card on purchases over $2,500.  Really, they can't eat that fee?  They don't make enough?  A little pissed off. 

T

Your well within your right to query that fee and then ask them to prove that they are actually charged 3% by the credit card company, I would bet a pound of sh*t to a pinch of salt they are charged a whole lot less in which case you can argue that although they may be within their rights to pass on the fee they should not be profiteering from it.
David

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6043 on: March 26, 2014, 03:51:08 PM »
I seem to recall that American Express was about that figure.. charging 2-3% to the merchant.

That figure may be different now, tho.

-Jeff

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #6044 on: March 26, 2014, 05:34:48 PM »
Except in certain states (like California and Texas) it is legal to tack on an extra charge for credit cards:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/capitalbusiness/as-rules-change-more-retailers-offer-discounts-for-cash-payments/2013/06/29/d4c84d7a-dcfc-11e2-bd83-e99e43c336ed_story.html

http://usa.visa.com/personal/get-help/checkout-fees.jsp#10states

It looks like for Signature Auction invoices, for online payments have only have the option to pay by eCheck.  You must call for other options.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 05:41:20 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #6045 on: March 26, 2014, 05:47:40 PM »
I seem to recall that American Express was about that figure.. charging 2-3% to the merchant.

That figure may be different now, tho.

It varies which is why one should ask.
David

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6046 on: March 26, 2014, 06:18:42 PM »
It varies which is why one should ask.

Indeed. Never assume to assume.

-Jeff

Charlie

« Reply #6047 on: March 26, 2014, 09:14:43 PM »
Everything I buy is always on my website, guys.  Click on the "Last 100 Purchases" link.

T

Not all.. You forgot your Stargate OS purchase... You scared to join the ranks of the elite?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6048 on: March 26, 2014, 09:20:07 PM »
Not all.. You forgot your Stargate OS purchase... You scared to join the ranks of the elite?

As stated on my website: "Some of my last 100 acquisitions," meaning the few posters that matter to me.

The rest of the posters disappear within my website.  I only got Stargate to add it to my "Box Office Top 20 1994", not because I like the movie.

T

And btw, it was not in good condition, a few creases within the poster, so I had to trash it, which means I will have to buy it again.  So don't be surprised if you see my name again.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:22:55 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Charlie

« Reply #6049 on: March 26, 2014, 09:35:14 PM »
As stated on my website: "Some of my last 100 acquisitions," meaning the few posters that matter to me.

The rest of the posters disappear within my website.  I only got Stargate to add it to my "Box Office Top 20 1994", not because I like the movie.

T

And btw, it was not in good condition, a few creases within the poster, so I had to trash it, which means I will have to buy it again.  So don't be surprised if you see my name again.

Hey but at least you have one... or will have one...  You should get the quad instead, it is much nicer....