Author Topic: Which one would you keep?  (Read 190 times)

Offline mahmudf

• Hobbyist
Which one would you keep?
« on: April 22, 2024, 02:23:56 PM »
Hi there

I have the ESB Australian 1 sheet folded and looks to be unused and a rolled Japanese b1.

Thanks

« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 02:25:09 PM by mahmudf »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Which one would you keep?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 05:31:27 PM »
I have both.  I’m keeping both

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 07:25:21 PM »
I have both too.

I prefer the B1 - the art is 'fuller' (less cropped/cramped) and the printing looks sharper (although I don't think I've ever compared them side by side to fully confirm that).

I think the Aussie will probably always command a higher price because of the English title though, so if you need to raise funds, maybe sell the Aussie one sheet?

Offline mahmudf

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2024, 07:39:11 PM »
I have both.  I’m keeping both

T
:)

Ok I'll phrase it differently, which design do you prefer, they do look slightly different.

"How many yachts can you water-ski behind? How much is enough?

Offline mahmudf

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2024, 07:41:29 PM »
I have both too.

I prefer the B1 - the art is 'fuller' (less cropped/cramped) and the printing looks sharper (although I don't think I've ever compared them side by side to fully confirm that).

I think the Aussie will probably always command a higher price because of the English title though, so if you need to raise funds, maybe sell the Aussie one sheet?

I will take them out and compare thanks

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2024, 02:08:26 AM »
I own almost 2,000 Japanese posters, B1s and B2s, so obviously I’m a fan of the designs, but for this specific design, the Aussie 100%, no question.  Just better layout, imo.  But I would still keep both.  They’re great posters.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline mahmudf

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2024, 03:49:44 AM »
I own almost 2,000 Japanese posters, B1s and B2s, so obviously I’m a fan of the designs, but for this specific design, the Aussie 100%, no question.  Just better layout, imo.  But I would still keep both.  They’re great posters.

T

Thanks

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2024, 11:21:21 PM »
AU without question. It will always bring more return if offered side by side.