Author Topic: Bus Shelters  (Read 40277 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Bus Shelters
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2014, 10:37:46 PM »
I was down in Venice (CA) today and I came across a Godzilla (2014) bus shelter, held down with bricks on the 4 corners, lightly covered with blown sand and torn at the bottom, on the boardwalk...

No one was around. The "rescuer" in me was half tempted to roll it up and bring it home... but the owner, Im sure, was lurking somewhere...  :-\

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2014, 11:10:27 PM »
I was down in Venice (CA) today and I came across a Godzilla (2014) bus shelter, held down with bricks on the 4 corners, lightly covered with blown sand and torn at the bottom, on the boardwalk...

No one was around. The "rescuer" in me was half tempted to roll it up and bring it home... but the owner, Im sure, was lurking somewhere...  :-\

The real question is... what are you doing in Venice on a hot Monday afternoon?  Buying a bong?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2014, 11:15:57 PM »
Here's my 2014 haul so far...

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2014, 11:18:35 PM »
Nice Mike...  Just so you know, the bottom three are not bus shelters but NYC subway posters.

Scratch that...  You wrote it down.   ;D

Nice nevertheless.

T
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 11:19:33 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2014, 11:20:36 PM »
Nice Mike...  Just so you know, the bottom three are not bus shelters but NYC subway posters.

Nice nevertheless.

T

Correct. I was trying to pad my post. :)
I've corrected it to stay on topic. Apologies.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 11:22:46 PM by pratschm »
Witty signature goes here.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2014, 11:21:44 PM »
The real question is... what are you doing in Venice on a hot Monday afternoon?  Buying a bong?

T

I'd have to get my med card first.. from one of the workers in their "greens" passing out their cards along the boardwalk... ;D

I'm so official, that way...

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2014, 11:23:38 PM »
I'd have to get my med card first.. from one of the workers in their "greens" passing out their cards along the boardwalk... ;D

I'm so official, that way...

I've always wondered about those?  I get my pot straight from my neighbor across the street, so I've never had to buy it.  In college maybe, but not for years.  Do they actually sell weed in there?
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2014, 11:26:53 PM »
I've always wondered about those?  I get my pot straight from my neighbor across the street, so I've never had to buy it.  In college maybe, but not for years.  Do they actually sell weed in there?

I think you pay like 40 bucks for the card, ONLY... how it works after that... me has no clue...  8)

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2014, 11:28:38 PM »
What... you tell them you have back pains and they give you a card?  What's funny is that the cops are parked 20 feet away.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2014, 11:31:35 PM »
What... you tell them you have back pains and they give you a card?  What's funny is that the cops are parked 20 feet away.

T

And they dont care.... i think because you are ripped off for 40 bucks for just some laser printed card....  quick dollars.... those sellers passing out those cards are all minimum wage paid clowns....

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2014, 11:41:35 PM »
I got caught smoking pot in Venice.  About 15 years ago.  Out of a red convertible Wrangler.  I hid a bud the size of my thumb in the middle compartment.  The cops showed up, parked their car right next to mine, asked me what I was doing.  I told them I was smoking a cigar :)  They searched the car, found my bud.  Busted!  The cop told me: "Do me a favor, don't lie to us and smoke at home."  And he let me go.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2014, 08:48:27 PM »
My favorite bus shelter acquisition so far this year.  Don't care if the movie is shit, this is a cool design, imo.

T
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:49:21 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Silence

• Hobbyist
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2014, 09:01:41 PM »
T, did you take the photo outdoors?
MICHAEL

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2014, 09:08:13 PM »
Nice pickup, there, T.

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2014, 09:09:47 PM »
T, did you take the photo outdoors?

No, seller's pic.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2014, 10:53:31 PM »
Forgot about this thread. Have to post these!

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2014, 10:57:03 PM »
Agreed, great poster (...how/where do you guys find sh*t like this?)  

Too bad they felt the need to have the M-16 in there... just a raised fist would have been more poignant

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2014, 12:13:16 AM »
The Dawn of the Planet of the Apes art is wild, and I like that they included the orangutan and gorilla, along with Caesar and his fellow chimpanzees.  The new renditions of Kong, with Ms. Watts, are also nice.   cool1
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:26:36 AM by NeoLoco »

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2014, 01:47:41 AM »
I have a couple of subways.....no bus shelters.  But, I am sure there are a few I would buy if they presented themselves.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2014, 03:00:14 PM »
New one!!!  Saldana does it for me, in black, blue or green.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2014, 03:44:40 PM »
I get the impression it's going to be a popular poster.... :D
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2014, 12:01:51 AM »
This thread looked lonely, so...

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
Re: Bus shelter posters
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2015, 11:41:57 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd ask my question here to keep the information centralized.

Regarding US bus shelters, what type of material should they be? I've bought a few bus shelters and they are all that heavy coated material (vinyl?), so I figured that's how all bus shelters were. However, I recently bought another bus shelter and this one was not that material. It was pretty much just paper. Thicker than a one sheet, for sure, but not that heavy coated stuff. What gives? Could there be two different prints of the same size but used in different locations? For example, the heavy coated stuff goes outdoors in actual bus shelters, while the non-coated paper goes in something like an IMAX light box? Any help from our local bus shelter collectors would be much appreciated. thumbup

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2015, 02:37:54 AM »
I know you want to know about the US ones, but even the UK stuff is not the same. I have paper, coated paper, and fully vinyl, I don't know why, maybe different distributers use different printers...  I've never seen the same poster in different materials, always the same, are you saying you have the same poster, but printed on different  materials?   
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2015, 07:40:19 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd ask my question here to keep the information centralized.

Regarding US bus shelters, what type of material should they be? I've bought a few bus shelters and they are all that heavy coated material (vinyl?), so I figured that's how all bus shelters were. However, I recently bought another bus shelter and this one was not that material. It was pretty much just paper. Thicker than a one sheet, for sure, but not that heavy coated stuff. What gives? Could there be two different prints of the same size but used in different locations? For example, the heavy coated stuff goes outdoors in actual bus shelters, while the non-coated paper goes in something like an IMAX light box? Any help from our local bus shelter collectors would be much appreciated. thumbup

Are you sure you dont have a subway? They are heavy and there is a paper type backing on them that can peel off. Normally US bus are just heavier paper.