Author Topic: Forum's Chat Room  (Read 47502 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Forum's Chat Room
« on: May 13, 2011, 12:22:45 AM »
Do any of you losers ever use the chatroom?

Just wondering if we should keep it or not.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Re: Forum's Chat Room
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 12:29:35 AM »
I log in a lot, but there is never anyone there.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 12:36:04 AM »
I think the main problem is that you can't see who's in it without entering.  There should be a way to see it from outside.

Holiday?  Maestro?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 12:37:19 AM »
I used it last week for the first time.. talking to new member SHOCKWAVE about all of the posters he was going thru. Worked like a charm..

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 01:28:11 AM »
I think the main problem is that you can't see who's in it without entering.  There should be a way to see it from outside.

Holiday?  Maestro?

T

agreed
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 01:32:43 AM »
How about posting a scheduled time when most of us can meet?
That would be neat, eh?

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 10:28:42 AM »
Do Away with it,  the forum works fine...
It's more than a Hobby...

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 12:41:06 PM »
I really, really like the IDEA of a chatroom. But every time I check in, there's never anybody in there. As somebody who is more or less always has the forum open, it'd be nice to have some real-time conversation. But this type of community isn't particularly suited for it. Unless there was a massive influx of people wanting to chime in about what they bought.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 12:55:31 PM »
I was one of the early supporter of a chatroom for the forum,but after a while i began to think,how many conversations of great importance i may have missed,because i wasn`t logged in at the time; so much valuable info would be lost forever if we all talked in the room,then, forgot or didn`t bother to post anything on the public pages.
This made me change my mind and felt it would be better without it.
Eventually the chat function was given a trial and i did log in regularly,but the chance of any other member logging in at the same time was remote,then when i did bump into a fellow user,the lag was intolerable..not sure whether the problem was universal or perhaps just my provider,but eventually i stopped even checking for users..
So while its there i don`t mind it,but i dont think it would be sorley missed if it was removed.

Stew

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 01:10:27 PM »
I was one of the early supporter of a chatroom for the forum,but after a while i began to think,how many conversations of great importance i may have missed,because i wasn`t logged in at the time; so much valuable info would be lost forever if we all talked in the room,then, forgot or didn`t bother to post anything on the public pages.
This made me change my mind and felt it would be better without it.
Eventually the chat function was given a trial and i did log in regularly,but the chance of any other member logging in at the same time was remote,then when i did bump into a fellow user,the lag was intolerable..not sure whether the problem was universal or perhaps just my provider,but eventually i stopped even checking for users..
So while its there i don`t mind it,but i dont think it would be sorley missed if it was removed.

Stew

+1

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 02:01:29 PM »
I only managed contact once. That was with Harry. It would be great if we could somehow miraculously actually get it going.

I like to run me mouth  ;D

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 03:12:06 PM »
Or your fingers.... ;)
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 03:36:06 PM »
Or your fingers.... ;)

Yes I enjoy a good finger workout!
Chris

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 03:59:03 PM »
The Dave Allen auto was awesome....I loved his show! ....Every sunday night on public television, Id watch it as a youngster. I still tell a couple of the jokes.

Oops wrong thread  ;D

SHOCKWAVE

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 08:12:41 PM »
i tried loging on to the chat again today but it put me to the main page for some reason worked last night with eric for the second time

ok i got back in the chat room im there now come chat be patiant im not looking at the chat room window constantly
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 08:24:09 PM by SHOCKWAVE »

DreamWarrior

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 08:52:39 PM »
Quick, everyone to that chat room to discuss whether we should keep it or not. It might go faster. ;D

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 08:54:49 PM »
Quick, everyone to that chat room to discuss whether we should keep it or not. It might go faster. ;D

You're a funny guy. I LIKE IT.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 09:14:57 PM »
i tried loging on to the chat again today but it put me to the main page for some reason worked last night with eric for the second time

ok i got back in the chat room im there now come chat be patiant im not looking at the chat room window constantly

Hey Rick..

i tried and got the same Home page refresh thing happen to me, too..  :-\

Jeff

-Jeff

SHOCKWAVE

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 09:33:11 PM »
i vote yes keep the chat room but lets make it a real chat room if someone is willing to host a teamspeak serve we could all talk via voice no need to type anymore
and i was in the chat room but the room went blank and nothing
ok so i restarted my explorer and poof was able to log bac in to the chat
some weard shit going on there boys and girls
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 09:36:06 PM by SHOCKWAVE »

SHOCKWAVE

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 10:33:32 PM »
hey if your having troble getting ito the chat room try restarting the browser dont go to anyother page when you come in to APF then enter chat open a new window or tab to check out the fourms     its worked for me :-)

im on again tonight :-)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:48:07 PM by SHOCKWAVE »

SHOCKWAVE

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 08:14:36 PM »
everyone im back on the chat tonight i expect to see more guys there tonight there were 3 on lastnight me brud and tence33   come on down and chat up a shitstorm

SHOCKWAVE

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2011, 11:25:16 PM »
no one commin on tonight its 1130 allmost come on guys jump on :-)

tence33   trav come back on bro im here in the chat
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 12:15:44 AM by SHOCKWAVE »

SHOCKWAVE

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 03:33:40 PM »
got the day off ,,im shooting posters and im also on the chat come in and wait ill keep looking but it might be a while before i see you in there guys and gals :-)

SHOCKWAVE

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 12:17:11 AM »
well DD and neo cam in tonight jeff trav where were you's ?   :-)  see yas laters i hope im on tomorrw too :-)

SHOCKWAVE

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 09:13:49 PM »
on again tonight oh and if you cnat get into the chat room go to your link for APF and come back into the server they then and you should be able to get into the room then its weard theis chat room its buggy
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:05:23 PM by SHOCKWAVE »