Author Topic: Non-Alamo Graphic Art Movie Posters  (Read 659847 times)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Re: Non-Alamo Graphic Art Movie Posters
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 12:46:48 AM »
Great art on that Fantastic Mr. Fox, at least the main image.  Something about the rest of it just doesnt work for me.  I understand where they were trying to go with it, and I am sure it looks better in person (especially since they used gold leaf).  Also, the film holds little interest to me, so I will be passing on this one.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 01:34:35 AM »
re MR FOX: I used to love the book as a child, and then read it to my daughter as an adult, great story, I swear its to blame for my love of Apple Cider.

others, theres some nice interesting images, Suspiria ones look OK, dont get the film IMHO, as a favourite movie of mine, hmm maybe the coridoor one kinda makes sense, dunno.

Aliens, the Thing, Indy, I think look silly, actually most of them, just my taste, I like the stuyle but mostly seemed to choose the wrong films to use it towards.

And dont get me started on Inglorious Bastards OH wait he changed the spelling, clever chap...... Correction change an "A" to an "E" ahh whole new thing.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 09:43:36 AM »
Fright Rags is selling a pretty cool Todd Slater poster/T-shirt combo right now for $50.   I sprung for it!

Todd Slater 25x17 metallic inks (limited edition of 200):

guest8

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 02:38:43 PM »
I dont know .. the print may be cool to see on the wall but it just looks like a screen shot instead of a movie poster :(

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 08:29:27 PM »
The Tee looks like it would make a GREAT poster.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2010, 01:54:20 AM »
Here is the newest offering from the folks over at Cinema Overdrive.  They got James Rheem Davis on board for a 24x36 print for a screening of Southern Comfort.  I have exchanged emails with the guy running things over there, and am excited about what they might be offering up in the future!

Schan

Schan
My Poster Gallery

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 03:24:40 AM by erik1925 »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2010, 03:57:33 PM »
Cinema Overdrive has some cool new stuff - I especially like the Lebowski.  But they're just too small IMHO:

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2010, 07:25:15 PM »
I've got my order in for these..........the print and paper quality on the ones I have seen is awesome, and I have no doubt these will be no exception.  Their Cutthroats Nine print is one of my favorite prints that I have.
Schan
My Poster Gallery

nagamisan

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2010, 12:21:55 PM »
I've got my order in for these..........the print and paper quality on the ones I have seen is awesome, and I have no doubt these will be no exception.  Their Cutthroats Nine print is one of my favorite prints that I have.
Lebowski is sold out... That is fast but considering only an edition of 50
From olly moss, sex and the city 2

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2010, 12:39:02 PM »
Lebowski is sold out... That is fast but considering only an edition of 50
From olly moss, sex and the city 2

Thanks for posting nagamisan.  Haven't heard from you in a while.

And that poster is #ucking hilarious - take a closer look:

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2010, 03:38:14 PM »
Aaaarrrrggghhhh! The German helmet rears it's ugly head....

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2010, 09:28:16 PM »
that IS funny, shame Id rather get some rusty nails and poke my eyes out than watch the movie. So a poster for it, not interested in.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2010, 10:53:29 PM »
I'm a-waitin' for Sex and the City 3: The Lorena Bobbit story....

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2010, 07:51:16 AM »
I believe it's just a doodle, not an actual poster.  His Flickr stream is well worth browsing. Certain themes pop up more than once there:

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 01:21:09 PM »
Some of the Castro stuff, have the Kubrick set, but have not had time to pic it yet.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2010, 03:29:55 PM »
Here is the artist's print of the Cinema Overdrive Southern Comfort print.  It is the same as the 1st edition except for the red cross.  James Rheem Davis hand painted the red in on these.  I am not sure how many were done, but its in the range of 5 to 10.

Schan
My Poster Gallery

guest8

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 05:52:58 PM »
Got this in the mail today .. Thinner than card stock .. Looks liek it was printed on a low-gloss gray (thinner) card stock .. I think its pretty cool though ! :)

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2010, 05:57:28 PM »
Did you get the regular version or the Foil Fallen?

guest8

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2010, 07:33:06 PM »
I got the "foil" (nothing really "foil" about it . ..Its the same as the pic above except the paper has this semi-gloss gray color on the front of it which makes all the white (in the pic above) a metallic gray .. the feel of it is like a thick magazine cover smooth and slick ..

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2010, 09:30:22 PM »
Yeah I got both of them. The foil version is more slick than the regular version.

guest8

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2010, 10:14:39 PM »
I was more hoping for some actual metallic foil or something awesome like that .. I was disappointed that foil just meant slick gray paper .. But I still think the piece is fun though ! :)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2010, 09:09:02 PM »

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2010, 09:37:37 PM »
With that talent that is putting pieces together for that show you could sure end up dropping a ton of dough if you attend.

Thierry, can you get in line now, I will take 1 of everything.

cinemarat

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2010, 01:16:32 PM »
I just wanted to take a second to share the latest print art poster releases from CINEMA OVERDRIVE, a not-for-profit cult and exploitation film series run here in Raleigh-Durham, NC.  Each of these posters is silk screened (not machine printed) and hand signed and numbered by the artist.  We’ve been very pleasantly surprised at how much outside interest we’ve been receiving in them, and we have several “subscribers” who purchase each month’s artwork despite the fact they live nowhere near us!

All of our present posters are available on our web site at www.cinemaoverdrive.net/merch.  You can also get more info about the series itself by simply visiting the home page of our site.

Anyway, without further ado here are our latest print art relases:

JULY 2010- THE CANDY SNATCHERS-  $15.00 each
(Poster by Adam Hale Saul of www.asprintingpress.com.  Measures 9” x 24” and is limited to only 30 prints worldwide, each hand signed and numbered)

JUNE 2010- REVENGE OF THE CHEERLEADERS-  $15.00 each
(Poster by Laurie Shipley (www.laurieshipley.com).  Measures 12.5” x 19” on heavy card stock and is limited to only 50 prints worldwide, each hand signed and numbered)

MAY 2010- SOUTHERN COMFORT-  $25.00 each
(Poster by James Rheem Davis (www.giantsumo.com).  Measures 24” x 36” on heavy stock, printed by D&L Screenprinting out of Seattle.  Limited to only 50 prints worldwide, each signed & numbered)

APRIL 2010- THE DEADLY SPAWN- $15.00 each
(Poster by Danny Miller (http://www.minicassettetees.com/).  Measures 12.5” x 19” and is limited to only 30 prints worldwide, each hand signed and numbered.  Sorry, all of the BLOOD RED and SPRING GREEN variants are completely sold out)

MARCH 2010- ROAD GAMES- $15.00 each
(Poster by Ron Liberti (http://gigposters.com/designer/18832_Ron_Liberti.html).  Measures 11” x 17” and is limited to only 40 prints worldwide, each hand signed and numbered)

FEBRUARY 2010- CUT THROATS NINE- $15.00 each
(Poster by Laurie Shipley (www.laurieshipley.com).  Measures 12.5” x 19” on heavy card stock and is limited to only 25 prints worldwide, each hand signed and numbered)

If you have any questions or would like to order any of these prints, please drop me a line at cinemarat@earthlink.net and I will be happy to assist you.  Most of the prints above we have fewer than 10 copies each of. 

Also, please feel free to drop me a line if you’d like to join our MAILING LIST as well, as we have several very exciting prints coming later in 2010 and folks on our mailing list are usually the first to know about them!

The following art releases are now 100% SOLD OUT:

Evil Dead (regular)
Evil Dead (Halloween variant)
Monster Squad (regular)
Monster Squad (candy blue variant)
Vice Squad
Lady Terminator
Switchblade Sisters
The Big Lebowski

Thanks!
www.cinemaoverdrive.net