Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 484936 times)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #2500 on: May 13, 2022, 10:52:46 AM »
Excellent comparison and good to solve the mystery on whether it was just a wonky print run or a 'proper' variant. Thank you for sharing.

The blue was one of the first Star Wars posters I bought, many years ago. I remember it clearly as it was a Cinemasterpieces ebay auction and I was a bit drunk when I bid and the next morning I felt like I'd overpaid a little...but then when it arrived I loved it.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2501 on: May 13, 2022, 02:00:27 PM »
Interesting.  So are you saying that both versions were theater used and maybe printed by different printers?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2502 on: May 13, 2022, 03:32:44 PM »
Interesting.  So are you saying that both versions were theater used and maybe printed by different printers?

T

Not sure on either and have not looked into it. This was to answer the question "Is the purple an error".

Though it is possible one or both were sent to theaters in addition to the NSS versions the popular belief is that these were made for other purposes, promotion, giveaways, etc. I also cannot say if they may be from two different printers or not. Personally I feel that there was likely one printer. The run of both together seems too small to have needed two printers but that is just a guess. If I ever find my studio blue I can compare the printing itself but I doubt even that would be enough to say if there were two printers.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 03:35:03 PM by Undead »
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!