Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 220422 times)

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Hoarder
  • "Growl-roar!"
    • www.MoviePosterCollectors.guide
Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #2200 on: January 04, 2018, 12:25:52 PM »
Nice T. Picked up three of these 1S signed Kilians (made from original printing plates) super-cheap...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2201 on: January 05, 2018, 02:57:29 AM »
Who signed them?

T
My Personal Collection of 12,000 Posters

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Hoarder
  • "Growl-roar!"
« Reply #2202 on: January 05, 2018, 05:00:25 PM »
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:03:49 PM by TheSundanceKid »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Hoarder
  • "Growl-roar!"
« Reply #2203 on: January 11, 2018, 12:24:12 PM »
Lotsa sales talk drivel:

Yes! That frame seals the deal. Probably found it in the Jedi cave:

Offline mcfree

• Beginner
« Reply #2204 on: January 11, 2018, 09:01:37 PM »
For the most part I agree.

Mrs. Miniver's prices are redic and I always get amused by them.

I also always just shake my head when people try and sell their framed posters in the frame on ebay. Especially w/o local pick-up to boot! I use to try and be a good samaritan about it. I would be like, (to paraphrase), "that's a nice SW poster you got there. But may I suggest taking it out of the frame and adding a few more pics? This way as I buyer I would feel much more comfortable with what I am bidding on. It would also sell much faster, which of course would benefit you." I usually never received a response back. Every now and then I got a "thanks, but no thanks". But that was some years ago, now it's just a waste of my time I think.

However, Cinemasterpieces, SW Space Cowboy poster is definitely rare. The price may be a tad high, but it is definitely hard to come by. I had a chance to buy one once but didn't pull the trigger. You really don't see them too often.
Favorites?
-Original Trilogy Star Wars    -Audrey Hepburn    -Frank Capra movies    -Foreign movies
--------& Anything obscure, unique, & foreign made (especially Star Wars)
-
This is becoming a way of life...

Offline TheBigBoss

• Hobbyist
  • Kofi Chiu
« Reply #2205 on: January 12, 2018, 01:05:11 AM »
That Star Wars Xmas album sang by R2-D2 is very bad, some are even saying it is one of the worst Xmas album ever...

As for me, it was added to my "WTF Xmas songs" playlist on YouTube... and sure it is one of the worst song of the playlist.

Well done !
REALLY really really really looking for folded Ghostbusters 1sh, for my little boy. PM me

Offline mcfree

• Beginner
« Reply #2206 on: January 12, 2018, 08:52:05 PM »
Yes, the album is quite bad. The only thing worse then the album is the actual Xmas Special itself. It's so bad, not even MST3K bad. Just plain, hard to sit through, G*d awful.
Favorites?
-Original Trilogy Star Wars    -Audrey Hepburn    -Frank Capra movies    -Foreign movies
--------& Anything obscure, unique, & foreign made (especially Star Wars)
-
This is becoming a way of life...

Online erik1925

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #2207 on: January 12, 2018, 10:29:29 PM »
Yes, the album is quite bad. The only thing worse then the album is the actual Xmas Special itself. It's so bad, not even MST3K bad. Just plain, hard to sit through, G*d awful.

Sounds like much of this early post-promotional stuff was quite cheap and crappy... but put out quickly to get the die hard fans to pay a buck (or 2) for said material.  eyeroll

-Jeff