Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 674235 times)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #2050 on: September 05, 2017, 12:27:38 PM »
It is the NSS style B. Nothing too special although there are less of them than the studio version.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

guest4955

« Reply #2051 on: September 09, 2017, 08:52:48 AM »
It is the NSS style B. Nothing too special although there are less of them than the studio version.

Thanks!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Re: Star Wars posters! S2 prints?
« Reply #2052 on: September 13, 2017, 02:36:03 PM »
Don't think I will get any complaints on outing this one so here goes.

Apparently S2 posters of the Star Wars style D are now being made. The image used on the E-Bay website is of a folded copy so I am unsure if it is supposed to come looking like a folded poster for the print or if it is a stock shot from another poster. In either case I find it a bit surprising especially considering it is probably the easiest of the original film posters to find in nice clean condition at that price or even less for a folded copy. If it is a stock shot and considering they say that Struzan and  White are involved I am curious to see what it comes across as.

Star Wars Style D S2 Print
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 02:44:40 PM by Undead »
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #2053 on: September 13, 2017, 10:08:52 PM »
I asked and here is the reply.

Thank you for contacting DaVinci Emporium. I don't see any fold lines in this image. This is our image and it is of a Fine Art Hand Pulled Lithograph of the Circus Style Star Wars Poster. There are NO fold lines.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2054 on: September 13, 2017, 10:52:43 PM »
I didn't know these people had a website.  They sell jewelry too  laugh1

I checked the SW poster.  Two things that popped for me...

"This is not a print or reproduction. It is a remastered, recreated, original work of art."   laugh1

"Comes with a certificate of authenticity from the ReSociety."   laugh1 laugh1

What a load of crap!

T

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2055 on: September 14, 2017, 12:30:02 AM »
I have and do still own a pile of Style D's over the years both rolled and folded and sorry but these sure look like fold wear to me. Those lines are not on any of teh rolled copies I have had.

I have a feeling that they put it into the artwork for an added authentic look. There is nothing written in the bottom border that reflects either NSS or studio info found on all of the originals so that ads another indicator that they added fold marks to the artwork to me.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:31:07 AM by Undead »
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2056 on: September 14, 2017, 12:49:25 AM »
And is it just me, or do those added fold lines look "sloppy" and not sharp, like machine folds should appear?

-Jeff

Offline mcfree

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2057 on: September 14, 2017, 08:44:26 PM »
And another thing....

When you can buy a nice bootleg Style A or C for under $100, I'm very curious to know why they think a Style D print is worth $300?
Favorites?
-Original Trilogy Star Wars    -Audrey Hepburn    -Frank Capra movies    -Foreign movies
--------& Anything obscure, unique, & foreign made (especially Star Wars)
-
This is becoming a way of life...

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #2058 on: September 14, 2017, 09:15:46 PM »
And another thing....

When you can buy a nice bootleg Style A or C for under $100, I'm very curious to know why they think a Style D print is worth $300?

Because it has a certificate of authenticity from the ReSociety. I wouldn't go anywhere without this.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2059 on: September 14, 2017, 09:35:59 PM »
I'm on my way to Kinko's.  If all it takes is a CoA from some bullshit service, I'd be a fool not to take advantage of it.  Here comes the competition, DaVinci.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline mcfree

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2060 on: September 14, 2017, 10:05:55 PM »

Because it has a certificate of authenticity from the ReSociety.

LOL, of course! How silly of me. Good thinking on your part  notworthy.gif
Favorites?
-Original Trilogy Star Wars    -Audrey Hepburn    -Frank Capra movies    -Foreign movies
--------& Anything obscure, unique, & foreign made (especially Star Wars)
-
This is becoming a way of life...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2061 on: September 14, 2017, 11:16:15 PM »

Because it has a certificate of authenticity from the ReSociety
. I wouldn't go anywhere without this.

And we certainly know what these kinds of COAs are worth.  ;)

-Jeff

guest4955

« Reply #2062 on: September 20, 2017, 10:09:20 AM »
Pretty nice B1 for SWR1 went for $366 last night:

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2063 on: September 20, 2017, 11:28:29 AM »
It actually sold for less than the previous two, which is understandable due to its lesser condition.  I think it's the best Rogue One poster.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #2064 on: September 20, 2017, 11:57:09 AM »
Ridiculous... can't wait until the "buy Japanese posters" fad is over so they get back to reasonable prices. 

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2065 on: September 20, 2017, 12:54:03 PM »
I agree.  I had something like 10 Japanese posters that I wanted from Bruce last night and could only afford two.  People seem to totally overspend on those.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #2066 on: September 20, 2017, 05:29:15 PM »
I think it's the best Rogue One poster.

The print quality on that one is amazing as well... super high res, incredible detail, and almost 3D effect in person.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2067 on: September 20, 2017, 10:05:56 PM »
And posed in front of a green screen, or other photoshopped creation.

These kinds of photo-based posters are a dime a dozen these days, and super easy to produce. Someone probably churned this out in an hour (or less).  :-\

A "click of a button" on a keyboard makes it easy these days.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 10:07:24 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2068 on: September 20, 2017, 10:36:12 PM »
The print quality on that one is amazing as well... super high res, incredible detail, and almost 3D effect in person.

I agree, it's quite nice.  Maybe not $500 nice, though.  But hey, there are a lot of SW completists out there, and not too many B1s floating around, so I understand why some collectors would overbid on something like this.  Who knows when the next one will pop up.  If I didn't already own a couple, I'd have probably gone for it.  Not the last one, too damaged, but the ones before. 

I remember when I bought my B0s for the original trilogy, I thought I overpaid, but I have yet to see them again on the market.  So I'm okay with it.  It is what it is.  If you're a completist and you miss it, you might wait a long time before another one surface, and then it might cost you even more. 

My Jedi 6sht, I paid $2k for it, which I thought was ridiculous.  And then a lesser condition one sells at Emovie for $10k.  That's the game.

There are some posters I still need for my SW collection.  If I see them and I lose, I guarantee the winner will pay a hefty price.

T
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 10:44:59 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #2069 on: September 21, 2017, 06:18:43 AM »
I always liked these, even if they are a little repetitive. Never seen them though.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2070 on: September 21, 2017, 06:30:43 AM »
Nice, I saw the digital images of those, but good to know they were actually printed.

I'd do bad things for those and the Force Awakens set (that Dale has and shared...I did get a Rey from that set, but the seller changed their mind and refunded me).

Do we have a 'character posters' type thread in the genre sub-forum? Even though the designs are often a bit bland, I like them! The completist itch perhaps.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 06:32:19 AM by Tob »

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #2071 on: September 21, 2017, 07:21:49 AM »
Funny, I was just searching to see if one had been made. I think Character posters are worthy of their own section. Question is, do you need to own them to post them?

Shame about the Rey poster  :(

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 07:26:26 AM by skyjackers »

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2072 on: September 21, 2017, 07:33:05 AM »
I don't think ownership is a must...else we wouldn't have seen these cool ones you just posted!

You must have some good Burton ones, so I think you should start one and I'll dig out some photos to add to it too :)

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #2073 on: September 21, 2017, 07:40:06 AM »
Good point! I'll start a thread and add these for now. When I have a little more time I'll see what I can dig out. One restriction I think we should have though is that they need to have been printed in some form somewhere!

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #2074 on: September 21, 2017, 12:03:54 PM »
And posed in front of a green screen, or other photoshopped creation.

These kinds of photo-based posters are a dime a dozen these days, and super easy to produce. Someone probably churned this out in an hour (or less).  :-\

A "click of a button" on a keyboard makes it easy these days.

I meant the B1 print quality in particular -- much nicer than comparable 1-sheets, quads, etc... IIRC it is also a unique design. Did any other countries use this image?