Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 667855 times)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #1425 on: December 16, 2014, 12:26:39 PM »
Went for $12,703.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1426 on: December 16, 2014, 12:30:08 PM »
I don't understand why people think it wasn't cut.  It looks cut to me.  Is it customary to not have the white border all around? 

And I like collecting posters, but just collecting an ugly text poster and spending a little bit of money on it just because it's rare doesn't make sense to me.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1427 on: December 16, 2014, 12:53:59 PM »
I don't understand why people think it wasn't cut.  It looks cut to me.  Is it customary to not have the white border all around? 

And I like collecting posters, but just collecting an ugly text poster and spending a little bit of money on it just because it's rare doesn't make sense to me.

T

It's odd for sure.  The one that sold for $20,000 was 27 1/16" x 41 3/8".  This one is even larger but has almost no top or bottom border - 30" x 41 1/4"
Chris

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1428 on: December 16, 2014, 03:57:55 PM »

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1429 on: December 16, 2014, 06:31:06 PM »
I do like they they put Moss' name in the title but he has nothing to do with them at all.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #1430 on: December 16, 2014, 06:40:34 PM »
I do like they they put Moss' name in the title but he has nothing to do with them at all.

I thought he did them but doesn't have the rights to the art.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1431 on: December 16, 2014, 07:51:16 PM »
I thought he did them but doesn't have the rights to the art.

Not sure but if he did the artwork I would assume they would put that detail int eh description. Usually when they put a name like that in the title only it is just to artificially increase search hits.
Just bleach the bitch!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1432 on: December 17, 2014, 02:38:06 AM »
Moss designed them. These ones were signed by him too.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1433 on: December 17, 2014, 03:21:06 AM »
Good to know, thanks.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline AjTheGreat

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1434 on: December 17, 2014, 07:33:20 PM »

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #1435 on: January 31, 2015, 03:15:09 PM »
Wha! lenticulars havent made it here yet :)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1436 on: March 05, 2015, 02:36:08 PM »
Thought this was pretty accurate.

I still LOVE 'em though.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1437 on: April 19, 2015, 11:21:07 PM »
Our buddy Undead, upon getting that awesome Jedi 3 Sheet, reminded me that it was time to finalize our respective Star Wars collections, before our little planet goes Star Wars crazy.  So I got a few missing B1s.

Here's my collection so far...

T
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 11:24:04 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1438 on: April 19, 2015, 11:58:05 PM »
Nice work T thumbup

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1439 on: April 20, 2015, 12:20:39 AM »
Still playing catch up with T on the B1's. One day, one day... Nice group and as always very impressive examples! Do you have both Empire advances or just the one? That starfield is still at the top of my want list as well.

Since T brought it up might as well put the 3 sheets in as well.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 12:24:32 AM by Undead »
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1440 on: April 20, 2015, 12:44:05 AM »
No, I still need two B1s: Empire and Jedi advances.  Star Wars is so much fun to collect because there is so much material out there.  And yet, a lot of it is rare.  It's a dream come true for the completist. 

By the way, I passed on that Jedi 3st 3 or 4 times.  I'm not a huge fan of Jedi (not as much as SW and Empire) and I always thought I'd get it later.  But now that you said it's rare, I feel like an idiot and I want it now ;)

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1441 on: April 20, 2015, 12:52:01 AM »
I am not surprised considering the depth of your contacts. I would be very interested in knowing if they were copies I did not know about. I have been keeping more or less a census if you will on them.

I actually only know of a handful of unique copies that I have found over the years, same for the six sheet. These are the ones that usually come up for sale time and again being passed around. The two that appeared on E-Bay this year excluding Minivers are new ones I had not seen before and honestly the first time I have seen two come up for sale in the same year there. The one needed serious help sadly.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 12:52:41 AM by Undead »
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1442 on: April 20, 2015, 01:06:26 AM »
On the Polish front, how many are there?

I own 4...  How many am I missing?

Shit, I miss that Star Wars website.

T
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:06:55 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1443 on: April 20, 2015, 01:11:42 AM »
Don't worry I am slowing building my own poster ID site. I have every intention to have at least the Star Wars section up by summer.
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1444 on: April 20, 2015, 01:13:37 AM »
So what am I missing?
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1445 on: April 20, 2015, 01:44:14 AM »
The Jedi exploding Vader head. Beyond that I would have to look to be sure but I think that's it for original release theatrical unless you want to count the Polish SW tribute poster, Special Edition and what not. If you check the other threads we actually have an Eastern European expert now who would be good to ask as well.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:44:59 AM by Undead »
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1446 on: April 20, 2015, 01:50:51 AM »
Oh yeah, the exploding head, I need to get the exploding head.  Thanks.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #1447 on: April 20, 2015, 08:50:46 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of Jedi (not as much as SW and Empire) and I always thought I'd get it later. 
T
the movie or the poster?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1448 on: April 20, 2015, 11:04:47 AM »
the movie or the poster?

The movie.  I love the posters.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #1449 on: April 20, 2015, 12:14:45 PM »
I love the poster as well but how can you not love the movie?  Luke having come of age is so confident confronting Jabba, Leia killing him at the Sarlaac pit after freeing Hans from the carbonite, the speeder bikes on Endor…the crazy intense light saber duel with Vader, Vader's fatherly yet pasty appearance...  ROTJ is fucking awesome!   Ok this is not a SW forum, I’ve said enough.  Carry on. coffee