Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 667931 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #2425 on: January 24, 2020, 09:51:37 PM »
Hahaha funny!

There u go.  Pictures that I took from my car when I first saw them.  They're down now, never to be seen again, except a la casa de Thierry ;)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2426 on: January 24, 2020, 10:10:28 PM »
Great shot of them in the wild!
- Eric

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2427 on: January 24, 2020, 10:35:01 PM »
Great pictures, T!  The real cloudy sky looks pretty cool above the fight scene poster.  Next time you have a viewing, I can bring some big Gulf shrimp for the BBQ. Might have to wait until after coronavirus, though. Okie

Online Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #2428 on: January 25, 2020, 07:55:04 AM »
Nice T.

Best picture?   puke2

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #2429 on: February 18, 2020, 02:30:38 AM »
New Additions  to the collection.
Dolby Rise of Skywalker one sheet and mini.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 02:35:48 AM by jedgerley »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2430 on: February 21, 2020, 11:43:56 PM »
Such a great poster.  It should have been the OS.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #2431 on: February 22, 2020, 12:16:41 AM »
Yup it would have been great as the final but they have to work in the actors unfortunately.  Wait till you see how nice the printing is. I assume you have the Last Jedi Dolby?
Here is one captured in the wild.

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2432 on: June 17, 2020, 04:52:39 PM »
Timed release of Matt Ferguson’s Empire Strikes Back print (and Japanese variant...swipe to see) are up at Bottleneck Gallery until Sunday.

Empire is getting a 4K re-release in cinemas in the UK, so it’ll be interesting to see if a quad and one sheet appears (with credits, which the print license doesn’t allow).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBi7qRNpZv5/?igshid=qmfp5bao65po

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2433 on: November 05, 2020, 06:09:43 AM »
Disney Movie Insiders have a 27 x 40” poster for The Mandalorian up for 400 points at the moment:

https://www.disneymovieinsiders.com/

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2434 on: November 05, 2020, 08:08:08 AM »
I don't participate in stuff like that but I read somewhere that their shipping is awful and so many posters come crushed, the tubes with missing end caps, etx.  Is it true?

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2435 on: November 05, 2020, 08:56:56 AM »
I don't participate in stuff like that but I read somewhere that their shipping is awful and so many posters come crushed, the tubes with missing end caps, etx.  Is it true?

T

Yep, I have seen the same too. They seem pretty good at replacing damaged items, but it would be good if they improved their shipping.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2436 on: November 08, 2020, 10:43:12 AM »
Timed release of Matt Ferguson’s Empire Strikes Back print (and Japanese variant...swipe to see) are up at Bottleneck Gallery until Sunday.

Empire is getting a 4K re-release in cinemas in the UK, so it’ll be interesting to see if a quad and one sheet appears (with credits, which the print license doesn’t allow).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBi7qRNpZv5/?igshid=qmfp5bao65po

Hi Tob

Just wondering if you ever saw any released for the cinema. I know I didn't see any.

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2437 on: November 08, 2020, 01:46:55 PM »
Hi Tob

Just wondering if you ever saw any released for the cinema. I know I didn't see any.

Hi John - nothing in the UK unfortunately. The US got the DS one sheets with credits.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2438 on: November 10, 2020, 01:57:17 PM »
Hi John - nothing in the UK unfortunately. The US got the DS one sheets with credits.

Ah that is what I thought, Shame, the quad layout he did looked nice.

Tob, I have another question that you or anyone on here may be able to answer.

I recently bought a SW Rise of Skywalker Quad as I missed out earlier and they went too expensive. However the one I got is a kind of matt or silk poster rather than the normal guad glossy poster. And it looks like it has been digitally produced looking at the small print . Though it does seem to be double sided albet it that could be the design seeping through as it is not good paper. I wondered if you or anyone else can confirm the type of paper and finish is of the proper Quad of Skywalker - main quad not the teaser.

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2439 on: November 12, 2020, 07:50:41 AM »
I recently bought a SW Rise of Skywalker Quad as I missed out earlier and they went too expensive. However the one I got is a kind of matt or silk poster rather than the normal guad glossy poster. And it looks like it has been digitally produced looking at the small print . Though it does seem to be double sided albet it that could be the design seeping through as it is not good paper. I wondered if you or anyone else can confirm the type of paper and finish is of the proper Quad of Skywalker - main quad not the teaser.

Mine sounds similar - it has a matt finish. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's like one of the digitally printed quads (I have a couple of those), the printing feels like a normal litho. But yes, definitely not as glossy as most other modern quads.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2440 on: November 22, 2020, 05:47:14 PM »
So it took a little time, I'm not the fastest Jedi in the universe, but I finally completed my collection of original trilogy B1s

All in mint condition, as they should.  Thanks HA for the last piece today!!!

I still need to be certified by our forum SW expert, Undead.

I also need to complete my B0s collection.  Missing 2 out of 5 :(  Not so much interested in B2s.  Too easy to get.

T
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 06:03:34 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2441 on: November 27, 2020, 11:23:42 AM »
That's a question that needs a little clarification. Do you mean only theatrical pieces, theatrical plus product/company tie ins, or every B1 poster regardless of purpose?
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2442 on: November 27, 2020, 12:02:50 PM »
Only theatrical.  I'm not interested in product posters.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2443 on: November 27, 2020, 09:44:04 PM »
I bowed out at $400 on a Star Wars Coca-Cola B1 a week or so ago.  Ended up going for about $800.  I like Coke but not that much.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2444 on: November 27, 2020, 09:52:27 PM »
I have a B2 of that... I think (not quite sure what I have).  I don't really collect B2s of SW (so easy to find), but if I see one and it's cheap, I buy it.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2445 on: November 28, 2020, 03:56:43 AM »
It actually was this image.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2446 on: November 28, 2020, 05:47:12 PM »
Only theatrical.  I'm not interested in product posters.

T

I will double check when I get some time but 95% sure you've got all of them.

Hicks, was right there with you.  I went over $600 and thought I had it at one point but alas not worth more to me either.
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2447 on: November 29, 2020, 10:39:50 AM »
It actually was this image.

That's pretty cool.  Was it at auction or Ebay?

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2448 on: November 29, 2020, 10:41:12 AM »
I will double check when I get some time but 95% sure you've got all of them.

Now I can start over and get another set  thumbsup.gif

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2449 on: November 29, 2020, 12:17:50 PM »
Now I can start over and get another set  thumbsup.gif

T

How about passing on some leads to other collectors who would like to compete a set.  I know I would like to and I am sure others would as well.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:20:31 PM by Undead »
Just bleach the bitch!