Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 674296 times)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #2400 on: August 01, 2019, 08:19:29 AM »
As the saying goes, it is what it is,. water under the bridge, etc. We are all one poster collecting family of nuts here so all good.

I should be doing my semi-annual archiving of emails in the next two weeks. I will check last years for emails and email you with them.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2401 on: September 02, 2019, 06:37:23 PM »
Still waiting for my emails :)

Got a few of these last night at the John Williams concert.  Could it be his last?  I mean, the guy is 87.  I've seen him at least 20 times, if not more.  Now it's for my kids to enjoy his music.  Big fans already.

T

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2402 on: September 02, 2019, 09:14:15 PM »
Still waiting for my emails :)

Got a few of these last night at the John Williams concert.  Could it be his last?  I mean, the guy is 87.  I've seen him at least 20 times, if not more.  Now it's for my kids to enjoy his music.  Big fans already.

T

A great thing about living on the Left Coast is actually being able to attend a John Williams concert, T!  Pretty darn cool.
Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2403 on: September 02, 2019, 11:28:14 PM »
To be honest with you, Okie, I wouldn't live anywhere else in the US, with or without John Williams.  Well, maybe NYC because I spent a fair amount of time there and I love it, and maybe also Chicago (same reasons), but that's it.  I really love Southern Cal.  For its liberal politics, of course (I could not live in a Republican leaning area), but we're also walking distance to the beach, school are in the 1% nationwide, and we have John Williams at the bowl.  What else is there ;)

But I guess we all love where we live for multiple reasons.

T
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 12:37:18 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2404 on: September 02, 2019, 11:33:26 PM »
This is a video of John Williams I took 8 years ago at the Bowl.  I have many others, but this is the only one I published.  Same thing every year.

My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2405 on: September 03, 2019, 09:39:04 PM »
Heck, I actually totally forgot.

Love the poster. Will have to find one.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2406 on: September 03, 2019, 10:12:56 PM »
To be honest with you, Okie, I wouldn't live anywhere else in the US, with or without John Williams.  Well, maybe NYC because I spent a fair amount of time there and I love it, and maybe also Chicago (same reasons), but that's it.  I really love Southern Cal.  For its liberal politics, of course (I could not live in a Republican leaning area), but we're also walking distance to the beach, school are in the 1% nationwide, and we have John Williams at the bowl.  What else is there ;)

But I guess we all love where we live for multiple reasons.

T

You do have several good reasons there, T! We've found things to enjoy every place we've lived.  I enjoy visiting the big city every now and then, though don't think I could live in one again because traffic and too many people hurt my brain. 

P.S. Cool video with light sabres keeping time!

Okie
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 11:04:25 PM by okiehawker »

Offline porkinsred6

• Beginner
« Reply #2407 on: September 27, 2019, 06:06:45 PM »
Thought I'd share with you all my recent addition.  I won this in the PropStore summer poster auction in June.  A CMYK Style A international test print.  There is an annotation in the bottom corner beyond the color bars "No PG, keep separate" I guess to make sure the workers at the NSS facility don't accidentally combine the international with the PG version.  You can't see the text when it is framed.   I spent all summer trying to research the history of this piece and learn all about the others like it.  I am aware of 3 copies of this that have been sold and I have been able to trace all the copies back to a single source who worked at the NSS facility that printed them.  This is the 2nd time this exact poster has been sold.  It was originally sold in 2012.  There are 2 others out there that sold in 2013.

All 3 copies have the exact same annotation written exactly the same with the same ink thickness and pressure.  Talking to others about that it is assumed this note was actually etched into one of the printing plates. 

This poster is about 10x rarer than the similar PMS test print. I'm sorry if I outbid anyone this has been my grail since I first learned of it in 2013.

Thanks for letting me share

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2408 on: October 01, 2019, 04:28:41 PM »
Thanks for sharing that information and congrats on bagging your grail! It's a gorgeous poster.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2409 on: October 05, 2019, 12:58:43 PM »
Ever since I purchased that UK 12 Sheet from HA Sig (that I have yet to receive :)), I've been on a little Star Wars kick trying to purchase a few essential pieces to the completist.  I'm not there yet, but like they say, the journey is the reward.

UK 12 Sheet Jedi

Polish OPRF Jedi

Russian SW

Hungarian SW

T

« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 01:38:41 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline porkinsred6

• Beginner
« Reply #2410 on: October 05, 2019, 02:17:44 PM »
Wow T! Was that Hungarian poster the one that was auctioned in mid September as part of the Hungarian poster auction #29 ?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2411 on: October 05, 2019, 02:33:40 PM »
Yes it was.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2412 on: October 05, 2019, 11:56:07 PM »
Yes it was.

T

Great variety of styles and art, T! Okie

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #2413 on: October 07, 2019, 10:20:55 AM »
Ever since I purchased that UK 12 Sheet from HA Sig (that I have yet to receive :)), I've been on a little Star Wars kick trying to purchase a few essential pieces to the completist.  I'm not there yet, but like they say, the journey is the reward.

UK 12 Sheet Jedi

Polish OPRF Jedi

Russian SW

Hungarian SW

T

Awesome pickups T!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2414 on: October 07, 2019, 11:29:03 PM »
Yeah, I'm enjoying this niche collection.  It goes by waves.  I forget about it for a while, and then I get back into it.  Some pieces are hard to find.  Thankfully, I have good friends in this hobby. 

326 SW posters in my collection, 40 more to go to call it complete.  Bruce might help in December.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2415 on: December 15, 2019, 07:43:03 PM »
Great Star Wars sale at Bruce's today.

I was at a restaurant by the beach with friends and had zero reception.  It basically took me 4 minutes to load a page, refresh, wait another 4 minutes to see if I was still in the running, bid again, wait 3 minutes for my bid to go through, etc...  So much fun.  I missed out on a bunch of stuff because of it.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline porkinsred6

• Beginner
« Reply #2416 on: December 15, 2019, 07:55:21 PM »
Great Star Wars sale at Bruce's today.

I was at a restaurant by the beach with friends and had zero reception.  It basically took me 4 minutes to load a page, refresh, wait another 4 minutes to see if I was still in the running, bid again, wait 3 minutes for my bid to go through, etc...  So much fun.  I missed out on a bunch of stuff because of it.

T

Looks like you still won a really nice poster though.  congrats T ! 

I got one of the ROTJ white title test prints and a couple cheap paper non-poster items.  I was outbid on a few of the big things I wanted but my wallet and wife are happy so I can't complain.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2417 on: December 15, 2019, 09:09:45 PM »
Yeah, but I still missed out on a couple that I really wanted.  Oh well, one piece at a time.  Patience is the real name of the game here.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2418 on: January 22, 2020, 02:44:44 PM »
From the wonderful world of wildings...

That's 8 bus stop posters each.

T
My Personal Collection

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #2419 on: January 22, 2020, 04:20:50 PM »
Wowza!

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2420 on: January 22, 2020, 04:32:11 PM »
really cool!
- Eric

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2421 on: January 24, 2020, 08:23:49 AM »

T

Spectacular!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2422 on: January 24, 2020, 09:21:46 AM »
Yeah, those are really cool, love how massive they must be when assembled!

Offline iojabba

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2423 on: January 24, 2020, 09:58:33 AM »

T

Do you have a wall in your living room big enough for both?  ;D
- Eric

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2424 on: January 24, 2020, 09:25:47 PM »
T!!!!!!  Man, that's enough for me to want to fly out to big city USA where you live and see in person, in the city of angels' wilderness, one of these on display.  Amazing!  Okie