Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 674663 times)

guest4955

Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #2175 on: December 20, 2017, 11:33:27 AM »
Tried to bid on a 2nd Jedi 6sht.  Not to flip, just to have.  Could not even bid.  Missed by $2k :(

T

No doubt you prefer it unbacked in teeny-tiny pieces!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2176 on: December 20, 2017, 12:30:36 PM »
In that condition I certainly wouldn't and I am sure Brie wouldn't either.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2177 on: December 20, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
In that condition I certainly wouldn't and I am sure Brie wouldn't either.

For sure.  Fits better in a drawer.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2178 on: December 20, 2017, 07:33:01 PM »
$5k for a second copy..???

You must have more money than God.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2179 on: December 20, 2017, 08:51:38 PM »
My Last Jedi collection so far...  I think it belongs here.

US OS

US BUS

FRENCH BUS

JAP B1

UK

This one is by far my favorite since it is hand drawn!!!  Great quality too.  My terrible picture doesn't do it justice.

T
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 01:21:57 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2180 on: December 20, 2017, 08:59:49 PM »
Does anyone know if Last Jedi is singular or plural?  I always thought it was singular, since Luke is the last Jedi, but the French have it plural: Les Derniers Jedi.

T
My Personal Collection

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #2181 on: December 20, 2017, 09:04:17 PM »
It sounds singular though I don't know what a Jedi is

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2182 on: December 20, 2017, 09:09:16 PM »
Nice ones Thierry :)

Just wondering, I picked up a B2 with the same design as your B1 montage with Rey.  The B2 doesn't have an eirin number and I took a look at the enlarged picture of the B1 on your site and couldn't see an eirin number on it either.

Does this mean my B2 isn't a theatrical release but just some freebie promo thing?  The B2's are being advertised by sellers as "a poster used in theaters to commemorate the opening of The Last Jedi".

Your thoughts about what this means?  Or Mike do you have any ideas?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2183 on: December 20, 2017, 09:12:45 PM »
Check my website for a larger picture, but I don't think it does.  If it's B2 size, I'd think it's legit.  The Undead character should know.  He knows ALL.

And if you don't like it, sell it to me :)

T
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 09:13:49 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2184 on: December 20, 2017, 09:17:49 PM »
Cheers Thierry :)
It's true ... Undead is omniscient...

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2185 on: December 21, 2017, 05:14:19 AM »
Singular.

Strange that the French poster suggests otherwise.  But that doesn't relate to the film...

Offline originalcinemaposters

• Collector
« Reply #2186 on: December 21, 2017, 09:00:46 AM »
Been on a little Star Wars kick lately, so just purchased this set of Marler Haleys from Ewbank's.  I overpaid, but they're rolled, and I'm tired of not knowing if or when I will get the three I'm currently missing (I already own the quad and one DC).  There should be a surcharge when you get them all together.  Saves a lot of time searching.  So done. 

Down to 48 missing Star Wars posters :)

T
congrats, they are going to a good home. I didn't think the price was too high
Paul

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #2187 on: December 21, 2017, 09:22:36 AM »
Does anyone know if Last Jedi is singular or plural?  I always thought it was singular, since Luke is the last Jedi, but the French have it plural: Les Derniers Jedi.

T

When the title of the film was announced in January everyone assumed it was singular.  However, there was a bit of mystery after people realized that in English jedi can be either singular or plural. 

In February when the teaser posters started to be released, *all* the posters printed in foreign languages that specify differences in plurality it was indeed plural:

Fan theories started running rampant: A Big Clue About the Next Star Wars Movie Is Hiding in Plain Sight

However, in an April interview, Rian Johnson tamped down rumors and he said he assumed it was singular: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ director explains one of the movie’s biggest mysteries

If the director says it's singular, I guess we have to believe him.  However, that still doesn't explain why EVERY country that had to specify used the plural.  Seems like a big mistake if so. 

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2188 on: December 21, 2017, 09:46:53 AM »
Cool info and makes sense being plural to me after seeing the film.

Brie, as I have always promised, when I don't know I will say it and I don't know. The I have some background on the Japanese Erin marks but only as a result of the expert knowledge of others on this site. Hopefully one of them will chime in with more knowledge than I can offer here.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline hepcatpunk

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2189 on: December 21, 2017, 10:34:07 AM »
Really like all of the Last Jedi campaign...really well done.  I can do w/o specific character posters as that's just overdone and boring, but the rest is just really nice.

Need to get me a B1 and Quad.  Agree w/ you T on the art on the other one---excellent.
-Brian

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2190 on: December 26, 2017, 08:26:42 PM »
Not sure whether this book has been posted here before, but I just got it for Christmas and ....  I'm in love with it!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-z6mQQHtnMs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-z6mQQHtnMs</a>

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2191 on: December 28, 2017, 07:46:54 PM »
congrats, they are going to a good home. I didn't think the price was too high
Paul

Thanks Paul, it's usually one piece at a time, but in this case, I was running out of patience.  I had the quad and one of the smaller posters, but I didn't know when or if I'd ever get the rest.  So it was a no brainer.  All 5 and done.  Now I need to complete my ESB set, then get the Jedi set and the ESB/Jedi re-release set.  The fun never ends.

T
My Personal Collection

Online ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #2192 on: December 29, 2017, 09:42:08 AM »
Thanks Paul, it's usually one piece at a time, but in this case, I was running out of patience.  I had the quad and one of the smaller posters, but I didn't know when or if I'd ever get the rest.  So it was a no brainer.  All 5 and done.  Now I need to complete my ESB set, then get the Jedi set and the ESB/Jedi re-release set.  The fun never ends.

T

So can I have the extras, I'll extend the hunt for the missing pieces  ;D

guest4955

« Reply #2193 on: December 29, 2017, 10:48:56 PM »
Congrats on the usual huge haul, Thierry.

But IMO almost all of the posters for the three "new" SW movies are just "generic advertising/here are the stars" MPs:

http://www.impawards.com/2016/rogue_one_a_star_wars_story.html

http://www.impawards.com/2017/star_wars_the_last_jedi.html

http://www.impawards.com/2015/star_wars_episode_vii__the_force_awakens.html

By comparison, the earlier films had many standouts:

http://moviepostercollectors.guide/MPC_Showcase_Star_Wars.html

I'm gonna add these five to that page eventually:

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2194 on: December 31, 2017, 07:46:58 PM »
Last Jedi officially #1 grossing movie of the year domestically.  Soon to be worldwide.

The Force is strong.

T

My Personal Collection

guest4955

« Reply #2195 on: December 31, 2017, 10:09:25 PM »
This one jumped from $400 near the end to:

Offline Huey Dewey

• Beginner
« Reply #2196 on: January 01, 2018, 11:30:12 AM »
Very nice book. There is also another limited version that includes some signed prints, including Tom Jung's, which was the reason I went for it: http://www.abramsbooks.com/product/star-wars-art-posters-limited-edition-star-wars-art-series_9781419714016/

However, one huge omission for me was the Hildebrandt quad - my all-time favourite Star Wars poster.

Not sure whether this book has been posted here before, but I just got it for Christmas and ....  I'm in love with it!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-z6mQQHtnMs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-z6mQQHtnMs</a>

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2197 on: January 01, 2018, 11:26:24 PM »
This one jumped from $400 near the end to.

I'd be so pissed if my stuff was sold on new years eve.  I don't know about you guys, but I had a whole list of stuff I wanted to buy from HA and Emovie and could not find a minute to do so with all the new year festivities.  Simply impossible.

T

My Personal Collection

guest4955

« Reply #2198 on: January 02, 2018, 01:17:44 AM »
I'd be so pissed if my stuff was sold on new years eve.  I don't know about you guys, but I had a whole list of stuff I wanted to buy from HA and Emovie and could not find a minute to do so with all the new year festivities.  Simply impossible.

T

Yep, I picked up a Pulp Fiction (dictionary) for $43 shipped that ended on Christmas morning on eBay. Real bad time for sellers.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2199 on: January 03, 2018, 08:37:27 PM »
Nothing special, these are quite easy to find, but I'm still happy to get 2 sets of Italian photobustas in brand new unfolded condition (all 18x26in).

And with these 2, I'm not down to 45 missing pieces...   ;D

T
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 06:29:32 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection