Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 667906 times)

guest4955

Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #2150 on: December 16, 2017, 11:01:45 PM »
Some SW:TLJ pro/fan art:

Based on early Ralph McQuarrie art:

Sold out:

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2151 on: December 17, 2017, 12:26:34 PM »
Take a pic of them signing your MP and that's a "stellar" bargain IMO!

Will add serious $ value, if you ever sell.

Agree/disagree?

Disagree.  Worth absolutely NOTHING in my book.  And the picture doesn't add anything,  How do you even know the picture taken matches your signature.  I've seen people on Ebay sell autographs using the same picture over and over again.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2152 on: December 17, 2017, 01:23:36 PM »
Agreed.

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2153 on: December 17, 2017, 01:52:36 PM »
wait... charging $300 per autograph?! so much hate.

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #2154 on: December 17, 2017, 04:26:03 PM »
The only way I’d pay them $300 for a signature would be if they were signing a cheque, written to me, for $300.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2155 on: December 17, 2017, 04:50:59 PM »
Pretty impressive sale, Bruce, the king of Star Wars.  I was expecting that ESB Intl. to sell for $6-7k, but 11.5k is a first I think.  Some people have deep pockets and know what they want.  It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.  Timing was really good too.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest4955

« Reply #2156 on: December 17, 2017, 06:15:15 PM »
Pretty impressive sale, Bruce, the king of Star Wars.  I was expecting that ESB Intl. to sell for $6-7k, but 11.5k is a first I think.  Some people have deep pockets and know what they want.  It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.  Timing was really good too.

T

Ha, Frenchie beat me to the punch!

But you and BH need to improve your "text" lives with some pics!

Anyways I expected the price to lag previous sales bc BH disclosed that "other examples" of these were being sold in Japan.

But instead the price:

Lotsa 5K+ bidders:

Don't understand why anyone would pay $6.7K for a 24S MP, which is undisplayable.

Interested in this ... for 50% of what it sold for:

guest4955

« Reply #2157 on: December 17, 2017, 06:25:40 PM »
Ha, autograph cynics/haters! The SW cast signed a bunch of dorky "money notes" for charity and the did very well!

The winner also got a 10 min call with the star:

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2158 on: December 17, 2017, 08:21:10 PM »
Bruce once again did indeed come up with some impressive prices.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 10:17:42 PM by Undead »
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2159 on: December 18, 2017, 01:59:45 PM »
Tried to bid on a 2nd Jedi 6sht.  Not to flip, just to have.  Could not even bid.  Missed by $2k :(

T

My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2160 on: December 18, 2017, 02:21:02 PM »
Same here but nice to know that if I did manage the bid and reserve was met you would have had two to my none.  ;D
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2161 on: December 18, 2017, 02:56:26 PM »
Same here but nice to know that if I did manage the bid and reserve was met you would have had two to my none.  ;D

Star Wars kick, baby...  I want, I want, I want ;)

Well, we're both losers.  Still, the price was less than "Star Wars King" Bruce.  For sure, he's the one to sell Star Wars posters.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2162 on: December 18, 2017, 03:36:44 PM »
Been on a little Star Wars kick lately, so just purchased this set of Marler Haleys from Ewbank's.  I overpaid, but they're rolled, and I'm tired of not knowing if or when I will get the three I'm currently missing (I already own the quad and one DC).  There should be a surcharge when you get them all together.  Saves a lot of time searching.  So done. 

Down to 48 missing Star Wars posters :)

T

Nice pickup, those are tough to get in decent shape as a set. Congrats.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2163 on: December 18, 2017, 07:35:14 PM »
Tried to bid on a 2nd Jedi 6sht.  Not to flip, just to have. Could not even bid.  Missed by $2k :(

T

Why the desire to "just have" a 2nd copy (since you never sell/flip)? Is it kind of like a safety copy? Or the martini shot?  8)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 07:36:38 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #2164 on: December 18, 2017, 07:50:19 PM »
Why the desire to "just have" a 2nd copy (since you never sell/flip)? Is it kind of like a safety copy? Or the martini shot?  8)

T sometimes collects multiple copies so no one else gets them

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2165 on: December 18, 2017, 07:51:35 PM »

I must say there is some truth to that!  cheers

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2166 on: December 18, 2017, 07:53:52 PM »

Im sure there are a fair # of Jedi 6 sheets that were produced and that're still around.. but I defer to Mike (Undead) for that specific number, if it's known.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2167 on: December 18, 2017, 07:54:25 PM »
Nice pickup, those are tough to get in decent shape as a set. Congrats.

I still have the quad and one of the DCs, so I'll probably try to complete that set too, should the missing pieces ever pop up.  But I'm happy to at least own one set.  It took long enough.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2168 on: December 18, 2017, 07:55:40 PM »
Im sure there are a fair # of Jedi 6 sheets that were produced and that're still around.. but I defer to Mike (Undead) for that specific number, if it's known.  thumbsup.gif

I think 4, or maybe 5.  Mike will know.  $7k is actually not bad, considering the last one sold for $9.5k less than a year ago at King Bruce's.  Underbidder Dave Cinemasterpieces asked me if mine was for sale back then.  Maybe he won that one.

T
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:00:08 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2169 on: December 18, 2017, 08:02:17 PM »

I remember that thread:  ;D

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,1584.0.html

-Jeff

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #2170 on: December 18, 2017, 08:03:29 PM »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2171 on: December 18, 2017, 08:05:18 PM »
Completely forgot about that thread.  Yep, time hasn't made me wiser.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2172 on: December 18, 2017, 08:06:25 PM »
The thing is... even back in 2010, the Star Wars poster campaigns were still good, for the most part.

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2173 on: December 19, 2017, 04:41:34 PM »
I think 4, or maybe 5.  Mike will know.  $7k is actually not bad, considering the last one sold for $9.5k less than a year ago at King Bruce's.  Underbidder Dave Cinemasterpieces asked me if mine was for sale back then.  Maybe he won that one.

T

I have come across six to date counting the incomplete one Bruce sold. Still very high on my want last, just can't afford that right now.

For more than twenty years I had heard rumors of, looked for and known they existed along with the three sheets but never found one until the last decade. Same with a Jaws three sheet. Lots of rumors but have yet to lay eyes on one.
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2174 on: December 19, 2017, 11:11:57 PM »
I have come across six to date counting the incomplete one Bruce sold.

I remember someone saying that it was the last 6sht ever printed.  They were not printing them much in the early 80s, and Jedi was a last hooray.

Damn, I should have bid more...  devil 2

T

My Personal Collection