Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 667885 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #1375 on: December 01, 2014, 10:49:09 PM »
Thierry, sounds like you could use a nap. Then a hike. Then home to fire one up.

I do that plenty, but smoking always comes first.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #1376 on: December 02, 2014, 09:59:07 AM »
Not quite sure what that means, but okay.

T

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 09:59:17 AM by Charlie »

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #1377 on: December 02, 2014, 11:17:27 AM »
Thanks I have been looking for this checklist

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #1378 on: December 02, 2014, 11:42:33 AM »
 laugh1

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1379 on: December 02, 2014, 03:39:49 PM »
Thanks I have been looking for this checklist

Hey, are you poking fun at my wanted checklist? Does look awfully familiar though.  ;D

Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #1380 on: December 02, 2014, 04:05:48 PM »
 ;)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1381 on: December 02, 2014, 04:10:07 PM »

Nice!  What's up with the red and yellow Xs?  Are these B1s?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1382 on: December 02, 2014, 04:18:49 PM »
Yes that's from my B1 wanted thread from June. Bumped it a day or two ago.

The red X's mean I have a rolled NM or better copy. The yellow X's mean that I have either a high quality folded copy or a rolled copy that is not as good as I would prefer and would be happy to upgrade.
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1383 on: December 02, 2014, 04:27:44 PM »
Yes that's from my B1 wanted thread from June. Bumped it a day or two ago.

The red X's mean I have a rolled NM or better copy. The yellow X's mean that I have either a high quality folded copy or a rolled copy that is not as good as I would prefer and would be happy to upgrade.

Funny.  Mine is the opposite.  All my posters are in mint rolled condition, but my rolled Empire has a couple of surface marks.  You really have to look super close to notice, but they bother me.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1384 on: December 02, 2014, 04:58:24 PM »
I am not surprised at all. I have a habit of buying a representative copy that I am generally happy with and then upgrade when I find better unless I luck out and find the clean rolled copy first of course. Same as you if the price is right I will buy but I won't pay dealer prices unless I feel that it is either that rare or will take that long to find a better one.

I think your contacts and fingers run deeper into the hobby than mine do at this point which helps. Getting out of the hobby for almost ten years did not help as a lot of the old contacts that could have helped are gone now. Once upon a time I probably could have filled this list in less than five phone calls. That and I admit I am spending more time on WWI and WWII posters and not digging into the SW posters as fervently as I could.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 05:05:22 PM by Undead »
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1385 on: December 02, 2014, 05:01:14 PM »
x2 works better?   ;D

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1386 on: December 02, 2014, 05:04:58 PM »
Oopps, can you delete #2 please.
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1387 on: December 02, 2014, 05:08:59 PM »
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1388 on: December 02, 2014, 05:10:18 PM »

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1389 on: December 02, 2014, 05:12:16 PM »
So out of that list above, I think 1 and 8 are the hardest ones to find in B1 format, 2, 4, 5, 7 are next and the rest is easy.

You'll probably need to spend some money on 1 and 8... $500+
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1390 on: December 02, 2014, 05:30:08 PM »
Sounds about right and prices about where I expect though we can always hope for less. I had actually passed on an 8 a while back and should have taken it, not minty but image area wise was fine for me, border had issues though. Hind site as they say is 20/20.
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1391 on: December 02, 2014, 06:00:02 PM »
I don't think you'll be able to find them for less, at least not in mint condition.  And especially not now, with the new one opening this month next year.  Renewed interest.  I'm actually expecting everything to go up in value.

My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1392 on: December 02, 2014, 06:52:59 PM »
I expect it will be exactly like it was when the special edition and prequels came out. Climb climb climb then everyone dumps trying to cash in afew weeks or month before the new release and the prices for most items crashes. The exceptional condition or rare pieces will hold out better but the common stuff like Style A and C posters will crash again. Just too many out there being hoarded right now. Japanese Revenge and Star Field posters though not so much, they will hold value much better but will still likely see a hiccup. It is always the same whether it is Star Wars, Raiders or any other popular title series where the original paper is not scarce to begin with.
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1393 on: December 02, 2014, 06:59:31 PM »
Sounds about right and prices about where I expect though we can always hope for less. I had actually passed on an 8 a while back and should have taken it, not minty but image area wise was fine for me, border had issues though. Hind site as they say is 20/20.

I just got these 2 French.  I already owned the 2 panels for both movies and went for the 8 panels this time.  119x136in.

T
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 07:04:09 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1394 on: December 02, 2014, 07:02:57 PM »
Style A is not worth much, imo.  Like you said, way too many around.  Isn't Emovie selling one on a weekly basis, along with Pulp Fiction and Back to the Future.  I think Uncle Bruce killed those markets. 

Style C is rarer.  I got an absolute mint C PG version and I don't see it ever going down in price.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1395 on: December 02, 2014, 07:20:00 PM »
The C PG is actually rare though. The regular C I can say for sure is a lot more common than most people think.

Rarity in general for original release from common to least common would go something like D, A, C, Advance B, C PG, Mylar, Second Advance.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 07:23:23 PM by Undead »
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1396 on: December 04, 2014, 05:42:16 PM »
Wasn't there a video of that Jedi French billboard thingy getting put on linen? Forget where I saw that, it was really cool...
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1397 on: December 04, 2014, 06:11:25 PM »
Wasn't it postermountain?  Never used them.  Too expensive.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1398 on: December 04, 2014, 08:00:56 PM »
Yes, it was indeed Poster Mountain and it was awesome looking when done. That is what made me decide I needed to own the 2p. Much more reasonable and easy to display when backed.
http://postermountain.blogspot.com/2011/10/for-all-star-wars-lovers-out-there-in.html
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1399 on: December 04, 2014, 08:23:00 PM »
Good call, thanks for posting.

I agree, Thierry, about PM. Their prices are too high, even though they do fantastic work, folks like Mario and Dario are just as good if not better to be honest.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,