Author Topic: My Zany Home Framed Collection  (Read 144938 times)

guest8

Re: My Zany Home Framed Collection
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 09:49:29 PM »
Wouldnt humidity be an issue i the bath room ?

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 09:51:34 PM »
I really appreciate your devotion and the way your walls are full, I like to get as many up as I can also (ohh err) but dont understand your taste its such a mixed bag. Are these films you like? or just for art? Not being nasty, just usually people have a theme, or something that ties it all together, good work though.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 10:53:36 PM »
No overriding theme really.  The problem is how to adequately display 700 posters.  And if you walk into any theater lobby the posters are very random too. 

I don't think humidity can damage plastic mylar posters and they are very tightly sealed in any event.  My "Good Luck Chuck" paper posters lasted nearly a year without any signs of humidity.

guest8

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 07:54:49 AM »
I really appreciate your devotion and the way your walls are full, I like to get as many up as I can also (ohh err) but dont understand your taste its such a mixed bag. Are these films you like? or just for art? Not being nasty, just usually people have a theme, or something that ties it all together, good work though.

LOL .. My fav is the Princess and the Frog between Striptease and Lebowski ;)

I have to say Im all over the place with my collecting as well though .. a new friend saw pics of my movie/art collection and said almost the exact same thing .. The pieces are all so different and there isnt a common theme .. How do I display them all?

Fact is there is no good way to display a lot of film posters outside of following one actor/artist/grene .. So I just deal with my abstractness ;)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 09:26:59 AM »
Out-farging-standing! What an assault on the senses! The "Take the Lead" one sheet is cool and makes me feel like dancing with all of those Washington liberals down your way....

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2010, 01:43:32 AM »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2010, 07:46:52 AM »
"makes me feel like dancing with all of those Washington liberals down your way...."

My beautiful thread has been hijacked by a digital trickster/tea bagger/Rush Limbaugh worshipping provocateur!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2010, 09:15:22 AM »
If it offends, pluck it out.. you Sanka-sippin' / Obama acolyte. LOL
Actually, it makes me laugh every time I look at it.
Maybe you'd better appreciate the Leonidas lambada..

Really though, the color on the "Take the Lead" poster is eye-catching.
Only problem I have with your decor is that you have that beautiful "Raiders of the Lost Ark" poster buried on the floor.
no, no, no.

Like I said somewhere earlier, I'm new to forums and to gifs.  I can't help myself.
Feel free to remove and... if these gifs are annoying the general public, just say so and I will cease and desist.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2010, 10:44:41 AM »
Only problem I have with your decor is that you have that beautiful "Raiders of the Lost Ark" poster buried on the floor.

That's the "art of the disguise."  The ROTLA poster is damaged in the lower right corner but the damage is less noticable on the bottom tier.  Same with the ET bike/moon.  It has an obnoxious scratch that is very visible at eye level but practically invisible when viewed looking down.  Why spend $400 to linen-back them when artful frame placement disguises their "issues"?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »
I don't think humidity can damage plastic mylar posters and they are very tightly sealed in any event.  My "Good Luck Chuck" paper posters lasted nearly a year without any signs of humidity.

Sealed or not sealed, humidity gets in.  You should be careful.  If I were you, I'd put my least interesting posters in the bathroom.  Just in case.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2010, 12:57:34 AM »
Gonna get me some posters at Mel's place....gonna get me some movies at Mel's place...

gotta find out what's new at Mel's place... gotta get an update on Mel's place...

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2010, 12:06:34 PM »
Gonna get me some posters at Mel's place....gonna get me some movies at Mel's place...

gotta find out what's new at Mel's place... gotta get an update on Mel's place...

Ha-ha, Mr. "Animated GIF King."  Gotta wait a couple more weeks for the monthly switch....

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2010, 11:53:27 AM »
Mel I love what you have done with the place. You are my inspiration as Im trying to frame everything I can.

My gf isnt a big fan though. After I showed her those pics and told her how I wanted to do something like that. She was not happy. At least thats what I gathered from the NO FN WAY! reaction.

Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 12:04:07 PM by Zorba »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2010, 01:25:14 PM »
Mel I love what you have done with the place. You are my inspiration as Im trying to frame everything I can.

My gf isnt a big fan though. After I showed her those pics and told her how I wanted to do something like that. She was not happy. At least thats what I gathered from the NO FN WAY! reaction.

Keep up the good work!

My advice is to buy three lightboxes and rotate your posters through them.  With the money you save, take the GF on a trip to Europe!

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2010, 03:21:21 PM »
My advice is to buy three lightboxes and rotate your posters through them.  With the money you save, take the GF on a trip to Europe!

Yes, Europe would be lovely in the fall laugh...but Id rather have the posters framed :P

You do make a great point though as this is getting expensive. I might be getting involved in the wrong hobby/habbit. This stuff is addictive.

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2010, 12:12:07 AM »

Keep up the good work!

If my girlfriend was telling me what I could and could not do (like my ex-wife) I would act in a way similar to that of Eric Cartman, such as in the following:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd30JESdb9o

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2010, 08:36:02 AM »
If my girlfriend was telling me what I could and could not do (like my ex-wife) I would act in a way similar to that of Eric Cartman, such as in the following:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd30JESdb9o

Thanks Neo, that is hilarious - "GET YOUR BITCH ASS IN THE KITCHEN AND MAKE ME SOME PIE!!!!"

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2010, 10:06:28 AM »
Thanks Neo, that is hilarious - "GET YOUR BITCH ASS IN THE KITCHEN AND MAKE ME SOME PIE!!!!"

Thats the one thing everyone has to love about Eric Cartman.  His passion. To paraphrase a line from one of the great philosophers of the 20th century, the great Rodney Dangerfield.  He cares! About what? I have no idea.

As for the gf. When she say something like "dont you think you have wasted enough money on this stuff" I reply in that very Cartman like manner. :P   ;)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2010, 10:55:59 AM »
"Get yer BITCH ASS in the kitchen and make me some PIE!"

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2010, 10:13:23 PM »
My apartment complex is having an "Apartment Tour" so I'm putting up my best stuff.   Here's my "best of the 70s/80s sci-fi/fantasy" section.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 02:29:47 PM by erik1925 »

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2010, 10:43:33 PM »
Seriously speaking now...I admire your insanity.  Good stuff!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2010, 10:51:31 PM »
Mel, that wall kicks some serious ass.  Love it...

Juli

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2010, 11:05:14 PM »
Very Nice wall Mel.

Just noticed one thing: that Star Wars poster doesn't look to have the normal fold pattern that most US one sheets have - is it because it's not a US One Sheet?

~ Juli

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2010, 12:06:02 AM »
More walls completed.  The James Bond/action/superhero wall (including German "You Only Live Twice"):

Japanese/Italian kitchen:

Juli, the Star Wars poster has two very light vertical folds.  It's the "funky text" version - the fourth printing, according to LAMP.

They are all originals to the best of my knowledge.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2010, 08:49:52 AM »
More walls completed (anybody know the actress/model in the Death Proof?):

The Tarantino Girls:

The Wall of Blowtorch Beauties: