Author Topic: Regal Rewards Posters...  (Read 8907 times)

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
Regal Rewards Posters...
« on: January 20, 2017, 09:27:43 AM »

I know I've seen at least a few folks here post that they get some of their new release posters, and a few exclusive posters via the Regal Rewards Program. I do as well, problem is 70% of the time they arrive with some sort of damage due to shipping, from minor edge wear to worse.

After enough feedback (complaining), I managed to be put in touch with Regal's "Loyalty Marketing Coordinator." I explained to him my frustrations, and he seemed genuinely interested in helping resolve the issue. I offered him some tips on how to securely package posters to minimize the chance of damage while being shipped. I received the following email this morning...

"Hi Chris,
We’ll be rolling out a “white glove service” within the next few weeks where if you click the check box for that service, the poster(s) will be wrapped in butcher paper and placed in a tube with padding at both ends and end caps. However, this service will cost an additional $3 in order to offset additional labor and shipping costs.... Thanks!"

I think it's a good compromise and would be happy to tack on an extra couple of bucks to see my items delivered safe and sound. I was pretty excited to see customer feedback, and thus the customer service process actually work like it is supposed to for once.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Regal Rewards Posters...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 10:08:46 AM »
Good for you Chris.
While I haven't gotten posters from them (yet), 'thank you' for alerting them to the issue.
 cheers

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 11:38:56 AM »
I don't know what the Regal Rewards Program is, but the only way I would accept this kind of attitude is if their shipping was originally free.  If they charge money for shipping, asking you to add $3 to the invoice to make sure the poster gets to you in good condition is outrageous.  If they sell posters and charge you for shipping, it is their duty to make sure that the posters get to you in the best condition possible.  Maybe all sellers should charge two prices, one for shitty shipping, the other for good shipping.  Ridiculous, imo.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 11:52:25 AM »
You earn points seeing movies..you can use the points towards tickets, concessions, or merch., such as posters.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 01:07:12 PM »

Ridiculous, imo.

Agree.

It's like saying "if you want us to do the job right, you have to pay us more."

Maybe Regal thinks that most people don't care whether their items arrive damaged, and ultimately it will hurt their profits to spend a little extra time and money for good packaging.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 01:23:43 PM »
And I would add that probably most people don't care.  I see this program as more of a college dorm thingy or teenagers wanting to decorate his room.  They for sure don't care.  I didn't.  I think most collectors like their items in mint condition and from a reliable source (aka Dale and a few others.)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 01:49:53 PM »

I buy most of my new stuff from Dale as well.

My point is that if I can earn points for seeing movies that I would have seen anyway, and use those points to get official, double sided new release posters that run $20 - $40 from Dale and EMP all day long, in mint condition for an extra $3 per shipping tube, I am coming out on the good. I think it would be hard to argue otherwise.

Should I not have to pay for them to ship them properly, of course. But $3 is worth the time of not having to email customer service, get a return slip, and take the tube to the post to return them b/c they are damaged.

Do you pay insurance on tubes you post? Of course you do b/c the postal system is shit and stuff get's damaged and lost all the time. Should we 'have' to have insurance, no. If something happens to our package the post should take full responsibility, but they don't, so we pay them extra.

Me paying $3 extra on my 'free' items is just another way of paying insurance.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 01:59:49 PM »
If it makes you happy, that's all that counts.  I cannot tell you how many posters I send back for full reimbursement.  I want absolute mint on modern poster and I will only go to trusted sources.  I don't care for insurance either.  I don't ship, but I receive.  Use a strong tube and package properly and it will all be okay.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 02:14:24 PM »
If it makes you happy, that's all that counts.  I cannot tell you how many posters I send back for full reimbursement.  I want absolute mint on modern poster and I will only go to trusted sources.  I don't care for insurance either.  I don't ship, but I receive.  Use a strong tube and package properly and it will all be okay.
T

I too insist on mint modern items, which is why I love Dale... almost never disappoints.

I pay for insurance on tubes shipped to me as well. Most of the time it's not damage I am concerned about, it is loss. Which has happened to me four times in my relatively short collecting life.

To each his own.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 02:23:35 PM »
I don't know what the Regal Rewards Program is, but the only way I would accept this kind of attitude is if their shipping was originally free.  If they charge money for shipping, asking you to add $3 to the invoice to make sure the poster gets to you in good condition is outrageous.  If they sell posters and charge you for shipping, it is their duty to make sure that the posters get to you in the best condition possible.  Maybe all sellers should charge two prices, one for shitty shipping, the other for good shipping.  Ridiculous, imo.

T

Couldnt agree more. Things should be packaged the correct way from the get go, and not telling (suggesting) to folks they need to add an additional $3.00 for what should be good, basic handling & packaging services.

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 02:29:54 PM »
Don't even start with loss.  I have never lost a poster but a package was sent to me mid November from abroad and uninsured.  I won't get into details but what was in it cost a lot of money.  The equivalent of a big Heritage signature sale or a nice car.  Post office said there was a glitch in the system and it disappeared.  They are investigating, supposedly.  The person who sent it to me has been waking up at night because of it.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 02:41:55 PM »
The person who sent it to me has been waking up at night because of it.

Not fun for either party, for sure.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 02:50:13 PM »
It would have cost to much to insure so we both agreed on the risk... and lost.  There is still a small chance it might come back to her, but it's been two months.  I try not to think about it because there is nothing I can do.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 02:57:11 PM »
Did the tracking information suddenly stop being updated at a certain point too?

And I wonder what the "system glitch" is they are talking about.

In any case, here's hoping it shows up to either you or back to the seller.  prayer.gif

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 03:09:51 PM »
Did the tracking information suddenly stop being updated at a certain point too?

And I wonder what the "system glitch" is they are talking about.

In any case, here's hoping it shows up to either you or back to the seller.  prayer.gif

Upon entering the US, there was a glitch for a truck load of parcels.  Mine was in it.  Not a poster, but something way more valuable than any posters I own.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 03:42:16 PM »
Upon entering the US, there was a glitch for a truck load of parcels.  Mine was in it.  Not a poster, but something way more valuable than any posters I own.

T

Can I ask if you and the seller have come to any terms on an amicable resolution should it not appear, or is the sole burden on your shoulders?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 03:57:24 PM »
No.  As harsh as I can be with someone who doesn't know how to pack something, I'm also a man of my word, and I agreed on the shipping restrictions, so its all on me.  You live and learn, right?  That's my philosophy anyway.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2017, 09:53:38 PM »

T

That sounds potentially sketchy.  What are the odds that the one truck load of parcels that happened to have your uninsured (very expensive) parcel had a glitch?  It may be worth looking into filing a police report, although you may have already explored all options.  In any case, good luck.

I buy most of my new stuff from Dale as well.

My point is that if I can earn points for seeing movies that I would have seen anyway, and use those points to get official, double sided new release posters that run $20 - $40 from Dale and EMP all day long, in mint condition for an extra $3 per shipping tube, I am coming out on the good. I think it would be hard to argue otherwise.

Should I not have to pay for them to ship them properly, of course. But $3 is worth the time of not having to email customer service, get a return slip, and take the tube to the post to return them b/c they are damaged.

Do you pay insurance on tubes you post? Of course you do b/c the postal system is shit and stuff get's damaged and lost all the time. Should we 'have' to have insurance, no. If something happens to our package the post should take full responsibility, but they don't, so we pay them extra.

Me paying $3 extra on my 'free' items is just another way of paying insurance.

Under those circumstances, if you've come to terms with the extra and $3 and would rather just cough up the extra $, then more power to you.

However, that and insurance are two unrelated things.  In my experience with damaged items, it's almost always been due to bad packaging.  Just about any business has room for improvement, including the "postal system", but to say they're "shit" is a stretch.

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2017, 10:43:05 PM »
but to say they're "shit" is a stretch.

We've had very different experiences with our local postal system then.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 05:54:28 AM »
No.  As harsh as I can be with someone who doesn't know how to pack something, I'm also a man of my word, and I agreed on the shipping restrictions, so its all on me.  You live and learn, right?  That's my philosophy anyway.

T

Fair play.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 08:16:52 AM »
We've had very different experiences with our local postal system then.

I'm not saying the USPS is perfect, but in my experience the times they goofed up something, they've always made things right.

Just to add to my last comment.  I think the Regal rewards thing is cool and has a lot of good things going for it.  Thanks for sharing the info. here.

Offline Severen

• Hobbyist
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2017, 01:44:37 PM »
I recently ordered a poster from Regal using my points. Unfortunately it was raining the day it got delivered and because of the subpar packaging the poster got wet. I emailed them explaining the situation and to my surprise they sent me out a replacement immediately free of charge. I thought it was cool that they at least tried to make it right. I do agree with what you guys are saying though, this is more of a program geared towards teenagers and what not. This isn't for serious collectors looking for a mint poster to be delivered.