Author Topic: A place to tell that special dealer you hate to SCREW OFF  (Read 52883 times)

Charlie

Re: A place to tell that special dealer you hate to FUCK OFF
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2011, 10:40:23 PM »
So maybe my wavy shit from Chris wasn't from the rain?  My little 10x15 was wavy as shit too...

Charlie

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2011, 10:42:48 PM »

Whats with the white stuff outside the poster on the "dead" linen (pardon the vinyl reference)?

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2011, 11:13:33 PM »
Whats with the white stuff outside the poster on the "dead" linen (pardon the vinyl reference)?

The borders of the poster have been touched up and some areas of the linen next to the poster also touched up? Looks a bit odd

Charlie

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »
The borders of the poster have been touched up and some areas of the linen next to the poster also touched up? Looks a bit odd

Aren't they supposed to tape that off when touching up?

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2011, 12:06:56 AM »
Looks like it was done really quickly... I guess the buckling is where there was no wheat paste applied on the back so the poster doesn't stick to the backing. It is usual to have the odd small bubble but that looks way too much and large. My backer if he spots a buble uses a hyperdermic type syringe to inject more wheat paste into the void to help flatten it.

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2011, 12:12:54 AM »
Aren't they supposed to tape that off when touching up?

The marks on the linen might just be light reflections but the poster borders looks dodgy. Backers do use masking tape... Ive had some tape left on one of my posters! I wonder if Mel spots any painting... I hope there is not, and if so hope it was done using water color paints.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2011, 05:31:22 AM »
I don't care about the touch-up.  I paid about $60 for it and it was in fairly rough shape, so I figured CC's $99 linen-backing "special" would help.  It didn't.  It probably was done fairly quickly.

However, this is not the first time I've received a wavy LB poster.  I bought a Jaws LB from filmartgallery and it showed up wavy (although not lumpy).  I sent it back and exchanged it.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2011, 02:14:27 PM »
Chris Clouiter aka PosterFix is one of the biggest ass-clowns in the hobby

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

guest4185

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2011, 03:03:08 AM »
There's a negative mention earlier about upsizecollectors from eBay. Without wanting to comment on the specifics on what led to that complaint , I can say I have bought many posters from upsizecollectors and always been extremely pleased with the quality of the posters and his service.
rick

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2011, 04:14:36 AM »
Mel, not to be a dick, but I think you could have done a better job with a bed sheet and a glue stick.  Oh, and it would have taken you 2 hours, tops.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 04:18:19 AM by kovacs01 »
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2011, 05:19:01 AM »
Following Mels public journey of discovery is rather amusing.

Maybe Mel took up the Posterfix 'special' as a community service for those here who may have considered going done that path, ignoring the warning signs?

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2011, 10:43:22 AM »
Yikes, that lb job is ghastly.  Reeks of early learning-curve period or late meth-binging period work by Hughes, et cie.

I feel your pain, Mel.

--Peter
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 10:44:54 AM by oldposterho »
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline teamweapon

• Collector
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2013, 08:13:17 PM »
an Italian ebay seller who goes by the name of gciasck and the shop is called Odeon movie posters
AVOID this snivelling little money grubbing worm at all costs if you can!
deceptive photographs
sending "the wrong items" i.e posters that look like crap but taking pix of mint ones.
and just plain "forgetting" to include posters in packages!!!

then charging me extra postage for the items he "forgot" to include!

THE GUY IS A TOTAL RIP OFF DICK HEAD!
I don't know much, but i do know what my eyes are telling me!
Sean

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2013, 08:23:18 PM »
Have no idea who to direct my bile to (I have my suspicions) but to the -------- who outbid on 3 e**y posters today, a heartily deserved 'fuck off.' 

Whattaya know, that does feel better...

--Peter
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2013, 01:41:42 AM »
I'll fight them for you
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Linkster

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2013, 08:47:50 AM »
an Italian ebay seller who goes by the name of gciasck and the shop is called Odeon movie posters
deceptive photographs
sending "the wrong items" i.e posters that look like crap but taking pix of mint ones.

Wish I'd have come across this earlier. I'll wait now with trepidation for my 5 to arrive.

Offline teamweapon

• Collector
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2013, 08:30:45 PM »
Wish I'd have come across this earlier. I'll wait now with trepidation for my 5 to arrive.
if you have gone through ebay i dare say he is a might more friendly?
but he suggested doing a deal off ebay to save me money. when i told him he hadnt included 3 2F posters that totalled about 70 euro. he just said "oh i couldnt find them"! but didnt bother to tell me!
JERK!
i hope yours come through nice :)
what you get incidentally?
Sean

Linkster

« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2013, 09:18:01 AM »
if you have gone through ebay i dare say he is a might more friendly?
but he suggested doing a deal off ebay to save me money. when i told him he hadnt included 3 2F posters that totalled about 70 euro. he just said "oh i couldnt find them"! but didnt bother to tell me!

Wow, did you get a refund or were you screwed having not gone via eBay?

I got 2Fs of Last of the Mohicans (Mann version), Night of the Sharks, King of New York, Prayer for the Dying and The Sheltering Sky. All 5 plus shipping came to less than 60 Euro so I'm not really extended that far. The really bitch will be if he turns out to be dodgy though as he has another 20+ I'm watching and considering getting which will run several hundred. Guess I'll see what comes of these 5 and judge accordingly. But yeah, eBay so being perfectly fine so far.

Actually the seller i really want to tell to Fuck Off is popculturepast who claimed to have sent me a poster I bought by registered mail. It never showed and he promised to look in to it with the tracking number, stringing me along until the eBay feedback and Paypal claim deadlines had expired before cutting off communication altogether. Really shitty thing to do. Still, the guy has a 99.6% feedback rating and over 8,000 feedbacks so I guess I just got unlucky.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2013, 12:08:39 PM »
deceptive photographs

Thanks for this post, too, Sean. I have been watching a few things with this seller, too, and now I am holding off. Your situation is a prime reason why others can be so leery of eb*y and certain sellers, even if they have a good feedback rating. How does a seller "forget" to send a poster? I don't get that.

It sounds like he really doesn't care, figuring other will come along and buy, regardless.

And Leslie, here's hoping you have a better result. Keep the board posted.   ;)

-Jeff

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2013, 12:33:34 PM »
Actually the seller i really want to tell to Fuck Off is popculturepast who claimed to have sent me a poster I bought by registered mail. It never showed and he promised to look in to it with the tracking number, stringing me along until the eBay feedback and Paypal claim deadlines had expired before cutting off communication altogether. Really shitty thing to do. Still, the guy has a 99.6% feedback rating and over 8,000 feedbacks so I guess I just got unlucky.

In the future, open the PayPal/eBay inquiry before the deadline... Even if the dealer is known to you or the community.  Just say I trust you and I'm sure everything will work out, but I need to have this on record just incase. 

Offline teamweapon

• Collector
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2013, 04:25:11 PM »
Thanks for this post, too, Sean. I have been watching a few things with this seller, too, and now I am holding off. Your situation is a prime reason why others can be so leery of eb*y and certain sellers, even if they have a good feedback rating. How does a seller "forget" to send a poster? I don't get that.

It sounds like he really doesn't care, figuring other will come along and buy, regardless.

And Leslie, here's hoping you have a better result. Keep the board posted.   ;)

i didnt spend a fortune with the guy? it was probably 300 euros ish? but i think ended up working out he got 50 euros out of me extra.
he REALLY dosnt care about what he's selling! he didnt forget to include the items. he just didnt have them or had already sold them? but sent the package regardless. when i asked him for the money for the missing items he said i would have to pick replacements, which to be honest he didnt have all that much i wanted. but i did anyway then stiffed me on P&P AGAIN! i wouldnt trust this guy as far as i could thrown him. in fact if i ever met him i would smash his little runty teeth through the back of his head!
the thing is though, if he was ok, i would have had more stuff off him. not super regular but maybe every 6 months as i do with a few other italian sellers and just get a big bunch of locandinas. so in the end he fucked him self over? and ill tell anyone who will listen to stay away! hope your posters come through ok, but im sure they will as you have the power of ebay behind you :)
Sean

Linkster

« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2013, 05:47:12 PM »
hope your posters come through ok, but im sure they will as you have the power of ebay behind you :)
I'll keep you posted.
In the future, open the PayPal/eBay inquiry before the deadline... Even if the dealer is known to you or the community.  Just say I trust you and I'm sure everything will work out, but I need to have this on record just incase. 
Excellent advice.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: A place to tell that special dealer you hate to SCREW OFF
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2014, 02:04:55 PM »
Based on prices - can anyone confirm this guy's posters are actually giant sheets of acid    :P

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: A place to tell that special dealer you hate to SCREW OFF
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2014, 02:22:04 PM »
Based on prices - can anyone confirm this guy's posters are actually giant sheets of acid    :P

you must have taken the acid because we don't know what thread you're responding to......

do you see pretty colors??????

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder