Author Topic: A place to tell that special dealer you hate to SCREW OFF  (Read 52841 times)

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
Re: A place to tell that special dealer you hate to FUCK OFF
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 04:06:43 PM »
Very cool thread.  8)

Quick question..... Do you have to have actually bought from the scumbag to name them?

Not necessarily.

Cj

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 04:10:09 PM »
Cameo Auctions... FUCK OFF.

You have the absolute WORST packaging I have ever dealt with from a dealer or auction house.  You rival random idiots on eBay for your incompetence.  And all this for a 40-FUCKING-POUND shipping bill.  I mean really.. just toss it in a thin-walled tube with an fucking invoice?  To top it off you don't even bother responding to my multiple requests as to how to deal with the situation.  I'm glad it was only a $50 poster...

I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM YOU AGAIN.  Even if you were giving posters away for free, after dealing with your shit the final price is simply too high.  I'll pass.

Wow that felt good.  Thanks Cj.  8)

clap Good job Harry - well stated and I felt a lot emotion when i read it. So I will join you in saying FUCK OFF Cameo Auctions.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 06:09:38 PM »
Cameo Auctions... FUCK OFF.

You have the absolute WORST packaging I have ever dealt with from a dealer or auction house.  You rival random idiots on eBay for your incompetence.  And all this for a 40-FUCKING-POUND shipping bill.  I mean really.. just toss it in a thin-walled tube with an fucking invoice?  To top it off you don't even bother responding to my multiple requests as to how to deal with the situation.  I'm glad it was only a $50 poster...

I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM YOU AGAIN.  Even if you were giving posters away for free, after dealing with your shit the final price is simply too high.  I'll pass.

Wow that felt good.  Thanks Cj.  8)

Karma for your repeated Bogie steals? 

Ok in seriousness I hope the poster survived (even $50 posters need love!)

Or did you forget that staring with utter contentment at your Bogie posters?!

Oops sorry again, I can't help myself...

Sellers should learn their responsibility does not end once they receive payment - is that better?

;) ;) ;)
Chris

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 06:36:18 PM »
Ah, Cameo Auctions.
Does anyone have a good thing to say about them?

These guys, unfortunately, are to be left well alone.
If you purchase anything there you are best off picking it up if you can.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 06:52:14 PM »
Ah, Cameo Auctions.
Does anyone have a good thing to say about them?

No.

These guys, unfortunately, are to be left well alone.
If you purchase anything there you are best off picking it up if you can.

Yes, 'in person' is the only way I would ever purchase anything from them again.  And that is only so I could get my item without them laying another finger on it and so I could kick the owner square in the balls.  It is such a shame as they somehow attract nice posters from unsuspecting consignors.  It is tough sitting on the sideline for their Bond quads, but trust me... it is not worth the money, your time, or your grief.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2011, 12:37:51 PM »
Yes, Cameo need to "move away in short sharp jerks"....
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 06:48:20 AM »
Matt, I guess I can count myself lucky having never bought from them.
Paul, I am waiting for a horror story from your own experience!

One of my friends has a lot of gear at Cameo. STILL!
I say still because he asked for it back. They are so ignorant.
They told him they had sold several posters, then when he didn't get the cheque they told him the posters had not sold.

Cameo tend to say things have sold when they haven't, then placing the same pieces in the next auction.
Sure, this goes on in loads of auction houses, but telling the seller the items have sold when they haven't?? What's with that!?

Best wishes,
Adam

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2011, 05:22:20 PM »
Adam, Check out page 5 near the bottom, on the post auction thread, you get most of it.... All bar the second rate packaging, and how long it took to find the "lost" posters I won...

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2011, 07:12:54 AM »
My original message to upsizecollectors:

Can you please double check the dimensions of this poster for me?  Thanks!

His response:

To avoid any trouble and unnecessary argument with some "demanding buyers", I will say the size of the poster is 27 x40.

My response:

I've bought about $500 worth of posters from you over the last year and you can't double check the dimensions of a poster for me!!?!!  Are you serious?  This movie is from 1979.  In 1979, there were ZERO printers using the now common 27x40 dimensions.  Back then all posters were printed at 27x41.  If this poster is not 27x41 (+/- a quarter inch or so) it is likely a later mid-80s-or-newer reissue or a unauthorized bootleg copy.  Either way it would be worth much less than an original copy.  And by the way, in the future I would suggest you refrain from degrading your repeat customers by calling them "demanding buyers".  It makes you sound like a "giant asshole". 

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2011, 09:59:13 AM »
And by the way, in the future I would suggest you refrain from degrading your repeat customers by calling them "demanding buyers".  It makes you sound like a "giant asshole".  [/I]

Kudos to you Matt  ;D
Chris

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2011, 10:06:49 PM »
This thread kicks ass!   8)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2011, 03:07:42 AM »
I'm thinking it's Matt that kicks Ass,  Way to go Matt...  Why haven't we got more of those smiley things. I want one with Matt flying in a cape...

Anyone had any problems with an ebay seller Star-pix I think his name is.... I'll check and get back.

Edit:-  Close it's "star_pix".
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 03:09:23 AM by paul waines »

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2011, 10:51:05 AM »
Not the end of the world, but I think this thread needs more action.

Had a recent interaction with ebay seller ruthrules.
He/she had an item I was interested in, nothing too crazy, but one I felt is overpriced just a tad. I send a message about what I would pay (not that much less), and if my offer was not going to get it done, what their bottom price would be. Was very friendly and cordial.

His response was 'thanks for your offer'. That's it.

My next message: 'Thanks for getting back to me, what does that mean in terms of my offer or question on your price point? Thanks in advance'.

No response.

Just annoyed me at that moment. The piece isn't a big deal, been sitting there for a dog's age but to not even really answer my initial question followed by a blatant ignore is so silly.

Just annoying enough not to send over my $, as frivolous as a piece that it is.

So for the heck of it and in the spirit of this thread:

Hi ruthrules. FUCK OFF!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:53:20 AM by wonka »
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2011, 11:13:37 AM »
Ive had a couple of replies to offers like that one and a few ignores. Its not like I am offering half. I offer more than what I think is fair based on what an item has sold for in the condition and like you Im not very far off of their price. That last thing I want to do is insult them.

What I dislike even more is when I get NO reply to simple questions about an item. Like " Do you happen to have a larger photo?" or "What is the actual length of the item?" Its not like im asking the dude his penis size or a pic of it. Yes/No, 27 x 41, I dont know how to use a tape measure all would work.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2011, 02:18:16 PM »
Ive had a couple of replies to offers like that one and a few ignores. Its not like I am offering half. I offer more than what I think is fair based on what an item has sold for in the condition and like you Im not very far off of their price. That last thing I want to do is insult them.

What I dislike even more is when I get NO reply to simple questions about an item. Like " Do you happen to have a larger photo?" or "What is the actual length of the item?" Its not like im asking the dude his penis size or a pic of it. Yes/No, 27 x 41, I dont know how to use a tape measure all would work.

Scary thing is - I bet some sellers would be more than willing to reply if you were asking for penis photos
Chris

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2011, 09:21:34 PM »
Scary thing is - I bet some sellers would be more than willing to reply if you were asking for penis photos

Ebay seller 'weiner.' here...need some pics?

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2011, 10:42:04 AM »
Well, surprise, surprise! Out of the blue Chris Cloutier/posterfix writes me and tells me he has finally linen-backed my "Goldfingure" poster after an 8 month delay.  We'll see if he actually comes through...

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:46:00 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2011, 10:25:17 AM »
Hope he has done a good job then, Mel.
He's kinda taken the mick out of you.

There really was no need to go to the trouble of blocking out his email address - he has it online for all to see.
Best wishes,
Adam

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2011, 05:11:16 PM »
Sellers that list magazines and video posters under the 'UK Quads' or 'US One Sheets' category

Sellers that list hundreds of posters as auctions, but with stupidly high start bid prices. If you're going to do that, at least put 'Buy It Now' prices on them so I can filter them out in one easy click.

If the above two types of sellers could kindly stop, that'd avoid me having to ask them to fuck off

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 05:11:48 PM by Tob »

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2011, 05:27:58 PM »
Sellers that list magazines and video posters under the 'UK Quads' or 'US One Sheets' category

Sellers that list hundreds of posters as auctions, but with stupidly high start bid prices. If you're going to do that, at least put 'Buy It Now' prices on them so I can filter them out in one easy click.

If the above two types of sellers could kindly stop, that'd avoid me having to ask them to fuck off

I say they can fuck off anyway.. along with the Repro assholes and the fridge magnet assholes and the don't what this is assholes and the "original poster" assholes who list Portals and.. well.. all the other kinds of assholes too

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2011, 09:44:20 AM »
yeah, I now search with the following..

POSTER I WANT -ads -ad -canvas -mini -promo -photo

The photos and print your own stuff really needs to be steered into the correct category.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2011, 10:11:21 PM »
Well Chris Cloutier finally sent back my Goldfinger combo poster - after NINE months - and I'm not pleased. It came back very "lumpy" and uneven:

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2011, 10:24:06 PM »
From the pics, the restoration (filling in fold lines, etc.) looks good.  The "lumps" will probably only be seen in certain lighting/at certain viewing angles, but otherwise likely won't be noticed by people who aren't perfectionists.  Nine months is (of course) complete BS, but on the bright side, at least it was returned, and in slightly better (in some ways) condition than before you sent it to him.(?)

tstatum

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2011, 10:28:44 PM »
That looks horrible for a nine month job,  if your going to be slow at least be good and cheap.

Matt

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2011, 10:39:16 PM »
I'd have about 30 linen backed posters Mel and not one of them look like that. That's fucking shit house. I'd be asking for some form of refund.

The only problem I have is, posters backed in Queensland where the climate is more humid. If hung by clips the linen wants to shrink at little and the sides curl inwards but if laid flat or hung in a frame, they are fine.