Author Topic: A brief but venomous message from Tloce. [He wants to sue me now]  (Read 42613 times)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: A brief but venomous message from Tloce. [He wants to sue me now]
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 03:24:12 PM »
So hey, how do you guys feel about maybe taking it straight to eBay? We have several examples of posters he is trying to pass off as originals. I'm not saying we have him put out of business and thrown in jail but it would be nice to see eBay have him delist his fake posters.

But that's not something I could do alone, I'd need some serious support. "Back up", if you will... He threatened to call his "lawyer friend" when all I did was leave him negative feedback. God forbid action be taken against him.

This has been attempted (or at least suggested) before but maybe not specifically for Loce.  The consensus was eBay does not give two shits.  Same goes for all the other fakes listed (i.e. watches, electronics, movies etc etc).

eBay will not do anything because they make $$$ from every sale and now even for shipping costs  eyeroll
Chris

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 03:25:25 PM »
The changed feedback is more true Chris,the original wasn`t.

Stew

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2011, 03:36:04 PM »
Don't worry. I told him flat out I wasn't changing my feedback any further. I then sent him a message saying if he wishes to avoid future confrontations like myself he should inspect his posters more carefully before he advertises them as originals. Even though I had to alter the wording of my feedback, it is still very satisfying to continually call him out in our ongoing correspondence. I'll be sure to post those excerpts in the next couple of hours. I told him  I don't have the poster anymore, I sent it to have it authenticated by an experienced collector.

I wonder if Mel still has it. :P

Go back and look at the original refund email you received from him.  I believe he told you a return is not necessary if it is "not feasible."

Just send him an email quoting his original email and that a return was optional.

Don't respond to any further emails. You're letting him intimidate you. You left truthful feedback and he had the chance to respond to it.  End of story.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2011, 03:37:12 PM »
So hey, how do you guys feel about maybe taking it straight to eBay? We have several examples of posters he is trying to pass off as originals. I'm not saying we have him put out of business and thrown in jail but it would be nice to see eBay have him delist his fake posters.

But that's not something I could do alone, I'd need some serious support. "Back up", if you will... He threatened to call his "lawyer friend" when all I did was leave him negative feedback. God forbid action be taken against him.

That will be very hard to prove with old posters.  That is why I suggested using only the poster you bought and send it to the source (WB) while there are still people there who worked on the poster's creation/printing.  If you try to make a case using something like Scarface, dickhead will just argue that there is uncertainty regarding the printing, but no concrete proof that it is fake.  

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2011, 03:38:09 PM »
Don't return the poster.  Ifhe chooses to sue, you need the poster in question as evidence.  If you don't have any evidence, you have no way to defend yourself.  Btw, people have been sued (and lost) after leaving negative comments about businesses on eBay, Yelp, etc.  I remember a lawyer on eBay suing someone for libel because of the feedback they left, and a towing company doing the same over negative comments on Yelp (or some site like that).  In both cases the libel charges stuck

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 03:39:01 PM »
By the way, TLoce is probably laughing his ass off reading this thread right now.  Mel is correct, just stop responding to this dick and get on with your life.  

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2011, 03:45:32 PM »
Don't return the poster.  Ifhe chooses to sue, you need the poster in question as evidence.  If you don't have any evidence, you have no way to defend yourself.  Btw, people have been sued (and lost) after leaving negative comments about businesses on eBay, Yelp, etc.  I remember a lawyer on eBay suing someone for libel because of the feedback they left, and a towing company doing the same over negative comments on Yelp (or some site like that).  In both cases the libel charges stuck
Doc,come on....libel?...really?

Stew

guest8

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2011, 03:48:08 PM »
I agree with Mel ... Just ignore him and leave things as they are .. the threat of a law suit is absurd .. the costs of him hiring a lawyer and filing are way higher than the possible damages he could hope to gain from a frivolous law suit .. Dont let him get to you .. Hes not really going to do anything about the feedback, because it is true.  

EDIT::

I think I remember the tow company suit as well .. I dont believe there were no damages awarded, were there? The blogger just had to remove his post, right?

So in a far away land of lunacy where Tloc actually sued the worst case scenario here would be that he sues and spends money on lawyers and all that fun stuff just to have the feedback changed to a neutral ..

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2011, 03:55:15 PM »
Doc,come on....libel?...really?

Stew

Well, that is what he threatened to sue me for. And honestly, I think this is as big of a joke as he does. I altered his feedback at his request that omits the word "many". However, he is selling several fake posters as we speak. I wish there was something more that I could do.

I imagine he has bullied many people into leaving positive feedback. I am proud to be someone who didn't entirely give in to his demands. I don't consider a rewording that is less generalizing a loss, so I doubt he sees himself as victorious right now.

And really, as long as he's unhappy, I'm satisfied. I know I am part of the 1% who left him a negative feedback comment.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2011, 03:56:02 PM »
Im glad im not paying for expert advice......Just ignore him........brilliant......

Stew

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2011, 04:02:10 PM »
Wow. Sell fake garbage and then to add to your own disgrace, you try to bully the customers.

This guy is all class.

I know I am part of the 1% who left him a negative feedback comment.

That is one of saddest things about ebay. Almost all of these "men" have near to perfect feedback.

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2011, 04:05:35 PM »
Wow. Sell fake garbage and then to add to your own disgrace, you try to bully the customers.

This guy is all class.

That is one of saddest things about ebay. Almost all of these "men" have near to perfect feedback.

I guess now we know why his feedback is so good, huh? Because he threatens to sue you for libel. I'm going to try that. Hey Mel, that Empire poster I just sold you? It's actually a 4x6 picture of the poster.

Don't you dare file a grievance with Paypal or I will have you put away for libel, theft, and impersonating a doctor.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2011, 04:06:36 PM »
I don't even know what say about tloce at this point.

You shouldn't worry, he is all talk, I doubt this would hold up in court.  APF got your back anyway, this whole thing is ridiculous.

Seriously, I might buy a fake of his, leave negative feedback, then tell him to fuck off if he mentions suing me.  What an asshole.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »
The guy is a CROOK!!!  Everybody in the poster community knows it, and I now understand why he doesn't have negative feedback.  By being nice and courteous, by authorizing buyers to return posters and reimbursing them all the costs, including shipping, he guarantees himself positive feedback.  And if by accident, one of those buyers leaves him negs, he scares them and threatens to sue them.  What a great business plan!  Meanwhile, he keeps selling his reprints and reimbursing people as he goes along.  Out of 100 reprints sold, 80 will probably go thru (people being unaware that they bought a fake) and 20 will be in contention.  So Loce will do his little game and win.  

Anthony, your initial negs were great.  I'm surprised you changed them.  The guy has no grounds whatsoever.  I'm really disgusted by his antics.

T

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2011, 04:08:09 PM »
Thats a good point Zorba,tloce has over bullied the buyer,but Anthony set out to make a stance...its lose-lose..

Stew

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2011, 04:09:19 PM »
I don't even know what say about tloce at this point.

You shouldn't worry, he is all talk, I doubt this would hold up in court.  APF got your back anyway, this whole thing is ridiculous.

Seriously, I might buy a fake of his, leave negative feedback, then tell him to fuck off if he mentions suing me.  What an asshole.

I wish I'd worded my initial feedback a little better so I could have remained staunch. It's a pity really. I much prefer my original and dramatic proclamation.

guest8

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2011, 04:11:06 PM »
I wish I'd worded my initial feedback a little better so I could have remained staunch. It's a pity really. I much prefer my original and dramatic proclamation.

LOL .. Can you change it back ? :)

Dr Hackenbush

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2011, 04:12:55 PM »
The guy is a CROOK!!!  Everybody in the poster community knows it, and I now understand why he doesn't have negative feedback.  By being nice and courteous, by authorizing buyers to return posters and reimbursing them all the costs, including shipping, he guarantees himself positive feedback.  And if by accident, one of those buyers leaves him negs, he scares them and threatens to sue them.  What a great business plan!  Meanwhile, he keeps selling his reprints and reimbursing people as he goes along.  Out of 100 reprints sold, 80 will probably go thru (people being unaware that they bought a fake) and 20 will be in contention.  So Loce will do his little game and win.  

Anthony, your initial negs were great.  I'm surprised you changed them.  The guy has no grounds whatsoever.  I'm really disgusted by his antics.

T

The further I get from it, the more I wish I'd left it. I would have but it was Stew's comment about how I can't speak for any product besides the one I bought that made me nervous. I wanted my feedback to be an honest reflection of the transaction, but I only bought one poster.

I'd do it differently if I could start over.

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2011, 04:13:54 PM »
LOL .. Can you change it back ? :)

I wish. eBay will only let me change it once.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2011, 04:14:56 PM »

Dude, he's only trying to scare you.  Don't fall for it.

Why don't you sue him for false advertising?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2011, 04:16:04 PM »
What other fake posters does this asshole sell?  I'm going to buy one.
My Personal Collection

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2011, 04:18:38 PM »
Doc,that really isn`t relevant..sorry mate.,.

Stew

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2011, 04:20:49 PM »
I wish. eBay will only let me change it once.

I think the change you made in your feedback comment is fine.  You're only referring to your poster rather than making a sweeping comment about everything he sells.  

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »
Doc,that really isn`t relevant..sorry mate.,.

Stew

How is people being sued for libel for comments they made on eBay (and other online resources) not relevant?