Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 29057 times)

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 04:35:04 PM »
Stew your a Brit... you may not be English, but you are a Brit. ;)  Hoots Mon...

he he...im sure there is a politics thread somewhere abouts,, :D  Top hole old chap.. ;)

Stew

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 04:46:46 PM »
But you can't knock us anyway, because if it wasn't for us Brits you wouldn't be here  laugh1
Ohh, that's far too political for this place!
Our way is always the right way! HA HA!  ;)

I was never going to argue that either of our ways were right or wrong. A lot of Americans don't like America anymore anyway. But I would argue that Russell Brand is ALL YOUR FAULT. If this is you guyses way of getting even for all that tea-tax nonsense I APOLOGIZE and please recall your monster from wreaking devastation on our already pathetic media.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 04:51:34 PM »
I bet Arthur is way better than the old one...modern=better

Stew

Offline quadbod

• Hobbyist
    • Quadbod media memorabilia
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 05:25:52 PM »
Hi Folks!

Just my thoughts on the date format ... I agree that the US system can be misleading for us in the UK - for example 4/6/11 means the 6th April in the USA but it means the 4th June in the UK ... but when we allocate dates to file names on images, etc we use the UK system, but in reverse order - year+month+day - ie 6th April becomes 20110406 - if you use that format, then lists of date dates will sort automatically in chronological order.

Time for my nap.

T
Quadbod media memorabilia - http://www.quadbod.co.uk

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 07:02:45 PM »
Hi Folks!

Just my thoughts on the date format ... I agree that the US system can be misleading for us in the UK - for example 4/6/11 means the 6th April in the USA but it means the 4th June in the UK ... but when we allocate dates to file names on images, etc we use the UK system, but in reverse order - year+month+day - ie 6th April becomes 20110406 - if you use that format, then lists of date dates will sort automatically in chronological order.

Time for my nap.

T

For dating purposes, that is a very good system, Terry!  sm1

So Anthony - I see you LOVE Russell Brand then!  laugh1
Best wishes,
Adam

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 07:21:58 PM »
So Anthony - I see you LOVE Russell Brand then!  laugh1

I would rather hang myself than listen to Russell Brand say one sentence.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2011, 10:18:36 AM »
I would rather hang myself than listen to Russell Brand say one sentence.

+1
Russell Brand makes me...

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2011, 12:59:25 PM »
Ahh.... "Brand" one of our best exports.......and you can keep him. ;D    Oh, and don't send him or any of his films back over here, or we'll get the Royal Mail to handle all of your posters... wynk
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 09:41:37 PM »
I think Stewart was being sarcastic.

If not. well, lets say, ummm...
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Juli

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2011, 11:18:45 AM »
It been about six weeks now and no sign of my poster, hmm.

~ Juli

Offline quadbod

• Hobbyist
    • Quadbod media memorabilia
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2011, 01:28:51 PM »
Did I say I don't want to tempt fate?  No sooner do I sing the praises of UK to USA shipping than our latest package en route to the USA goes missing!  It's like the curse of the commentator when you're watching football on TV - as soon as they praise someone for their skill, they put the ball over the net!  Only a couple of weeks ago, packages were taking less than 10 days ... now it sounds like there will be indefinite hold-ups in US customs - which, to be fair, are outside the control of Royal Mail.

Fingers crossed!

Terry - www.quadbod.co.uk

Our irregularity had a happy ending - despite the partial inaccuracy of online tracking information which had initially caused us concern, the package actually arrived on time!  From Birmingham UK to Illinois USA by International Signed For Airmail in 10 days which seems about par for the course.

I hope your consignment arrives eventually, Juli.

Best wishes,

Terry - www.quadbod.co.uk
Quadbod media memorabilia - http://www.quadbod.co.uk

Juli

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2011, 08:06:12 PM »

I hope your consignment arrives eventually, Juli.

I got it today. I am thrilled. Looks like six weeks is the norm for posters coming from the UK to US. Strange thing is other items always took about two weeks to get to me. I wonder why posters take so much longer.

~ Juli

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 08:40:53 PM »
I got it today. I am thrilled. Looks like six weeks is the norm for posters coming from the UK to US. Strange thing is other items always took about two weeks to get to me. I wonder why posters take so much longer.

~ Juli

Juli,

What was the poster you ordered? And was it packaged well? No mysterious open ends, rips or tears?   ;)

Jeff

-Jeff

Juli

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 09:47:45 PM »
Juli,

What was the poster you ordered? And was it packaged well? No mysterious open ends, rips or tears?   ;)

Jeff

I bought The King's Speech UK Quad (Version 1) and it arrived perfectly, and the packaging was excellent. There were no signs as to why it took so long.

~ Juli

Offline MyDear

• Beginner
    • PolishPoster.com
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2011, 02:39:07 PM »

~ Juli

Hi,
It strange that none of the dealers posted explanation yet. Poster takes longer because of the weight of the tube, size and shape of the tube.

here is what I am sending to all my customers since december 2010:

Normally, before December 2010 our shippings were delivered to customers in USA in about 10 days.
But in December 2010 US TSA (transportation Security Agency) introduced new security checks for all mail arriving to USA which weights over 1 pound.
so since december 2010 our shippings arrive to customers in USA in 10-25 days.
When tube arrives to USA you will see information on www.usps.com : "We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece "
and will remain unchanged until actual delivery or delivery attempt. It is highly
misleading and useless for tracking.. unfortunately.
You can read more about these security check on few pages in English:
Royal mail: http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400033&mediaId=3800088#1600085
ebay Uk http://www2.ebay.com/aw/uk/201011.shtml#2010-11-26095602
usps.com http://www.usps.com/international/serviceupdates.htm

So - if you buy something that is small, weight is below 1 pound - then it should arrive faster.

Our shippings takes now 2-3 weeks to be delivered to USA but we use postal service account and we send as registered business  which means senders is know and verified. and even with this it takes longer than before December 2010.

hope that this helps.
Krzysztof
http://www.polishposter.com

Juli

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2011, 04:05:31 PM »
Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense.

~ Juli

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2017, 01:25:16 PM »
I ordered posters from one seller in the uk, then from another seller a week later in the uk.  The second purchase arrived in 2 weeks.  The first purchase, ordered before the second and shipped before the second, arrived 6 weeks later.  Go figure.  The Royal Mail sucks.

The only thing worse, now, is the privatized mail in the Netherlands.  I sent some stuff to someone there recently, and they lied about receiving it, claiming the wrong address was used, then lied about returning it though they never did, and they kept kicking the tube back to customs again and again.  After about 2 months or so, the poster tube was finally delivered. They were the worst ever.

I had a similar experience sending a parcel to Norway last December (it was a box measuring approx 24" long x 14" wide x 4" deep). It weighed just over 4 pounds. I had taken the box to the post office to get the various costs depending on the shipping method the recipient wanted me to use. The most expensive was International Priority Express, which would take 4-6 business days. And with this size/weight box would cost over $60.00 USD to send.

The recipient wanted me to use this service. So I mailed the box on Dec 6th and emailed him the tracking number.

To make a long story short, the did not receive the box until January 7th! The tracking stopped showing any movement around Dec. 15th, and then was updated around Jan 6th. Seems the box did NOT leave LAX when it had indicated, back in early Dec, and basically sat here for a couple weeks. Then with the customs clearance in Norway, in early Jan.

Before the online update, I assumed the box was lost. I called the USPS around Dec 22, and they indicated that it had departed to Norway back earlier in the month (it hadnt). So I opened a claim.

When I asked about the fact that the recipient had paid for International EXPRESS service, the USPS rep told me that Norway was not one of the countries for which the 4-6 day service was guaranteed! Say wha?? hitself  It would have been nice to have been told this PRIOR to paying. So that meant there would be not even a partial refund of that shipping fee that was paid. I couldn't believe it.

All ended well and the box wasnt manhandled or opened in customs. But that shipping time frame, especially when paying for that kind of expedited service, seemed like a total rip off.  :-\
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:27:02 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff