Author Topic: If you had $10,000 to spend...  (Read 16771 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: If you had $10,000 to spend...
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2021, 06:12:09 PM »
$10k is not what it used to be.  A lot of folks on this forum are buying posters in the $10k range.  We may have to up it a little to $20k, maybe?

I personally have nothing on my list.  I don't really function like that.  Like I didn't know I was going to buy the Dial M Italian until the day before when I checked HA's offerings.  I see something I like, if I can afford it, great, if I can't, I move on to something else.  I have nothing I look forward to buy in the $10-20k range.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2021, 08:51:41 PM »
Dead of Night UK quad is a great choice. 

I agree with Thierry that 10K isn't what it used to be when it comes to movie posters, so increasing it to 20K or maybe even 30K would make sense.  For that price range, I would like to get some classic Universal horror, such as Dracula's Daughter US one-sheet.  It's definitely on my list of posters to get.

Offline ealingmovieposters

• Beginner
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2021, 09:04:26 PM »
Yes Dead of Night UK Quad will do nicely thanks
Regards

Ian

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2021, 08:02:12 AM »
Dead of Night UK quad is a great choice. 

I agree with Thierry that 10K isn't what it used to be when it comes to movie posters, so increasing it to 20K or maybe even 30K would make sense.  For that price range, I would like to get some classic Universal horror, such as Dracula's Daughter US one-sheet.  It's definitely on my list of posters to get.

That is a great one, and very tough. It was one of the last two one-sheets Kirk needed for his Uni Horror collection. The inserts are around on that title, the lobbies might be the most common of any of the 30s Uni Horror (which still makes them tougher than most), and thanks to the New Zealand find, there are also several halves around, but I believe there are only 5 total one-sheets known.

I'm kind of like T, can't think of anything off the top of my head that is a must-have right now, but always willing to go out for the right piece on the right title.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2021, 01:06:45 PM »
You're correct Crow, the Dracula's Daughter one-sheet is really hard to find, but I'm still hoping to get it one day.  For now, I have to make do with the half-sheet style B in my collection, which I love.

Offline eric160634

• Beginner
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2021, 04:05:56 PM »
Jaws 7 sheet

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2021, 12:28:33 PM »
Dead of Night quad, Drac's Daughter one sheet, Jaws 7 sheet!!! Very cool diversity of art and it's interesting they are all horror/thriller movies from different decades. There are also many very hard to find, desirable posters that are much more affordable than $10 to $20 K, though still can't be had or you'll wait a very long time to find one. I immediately think of some of the gorgeous German posters pre-WWII. What do you desire that is much more affordable? Okie