Author Topic: Raiders of the Lost Ark UK 1-Sheet  (Read 7678 times)

Disheveledamethyst

Raiders of the Lost Ark UK 1-Sheet
« on: March 12, 2011, 02:51:44 PM »
I think I'm the only one who ever posts on this forum.

Anyway, I'm looking for this:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 04:46:11 PM by eatbrie »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Raiders of the Lost Ark UK 1-Sheet
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 04:48:12 PM »
The forum is a year old, a year and 3 months to be exact.  Once you notice that a lot of members have more than 1,000 posts, some 2,000, you'll realize that you have a long way to go.  But keep posting.  You started a few interesting topics, to be sure.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 04:53:30 PM »
The forum is a year old, a year and 3 months to be exact.  Once you notice that a lot of members have more than 1,000 posts, some 2,000, you'll realize that you have a long way to go.  But keep posting.  You started a few interesting topics, to be sure.

T

I think he means the wanted board in particular.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 06:13:29 PM »

I hope so haha...
Chris

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 06:17:33 PM »
I hope so haha...

That is correct. Of course I'm not the only one posting on the entire site. :P I just meant this board, because if you look at the recent threads, there are several that are me. It's a little embarrassing.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 06:23:33 PM »
A possible explanation is that most people try to work through their want lists via eBay and the auction sites?

Link removed by T
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 08:01:17 PM by eatbrie »
Chris

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 06:25:03 PM »
A possible explanation is that most people try to work through their want lists via eBay and the auction sites?

Here's one:

Link removed by T

I'm watching this at the moment, haha. It's why I asked about removing tape from paper on the General board. I don't mind the pin holes (they're fairly minute) but the tape is old, brown, and very unsightly.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 08:01:48 PM by eatbrie »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 06:26:46 PM »
I'm watching this at the moment, haha. It's why I asked about removing tape from paper on the General board. I don't mind the pin holes (they're fairly minute) but the tape is old, brown, and very unsightly.

It all makes sense now!  ;)

Have a look at those links I posted for you about tape removal.  They should help alot.
Chris

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 06:34:06 PM »
Thank you - it was very helpful. I think I might take the gamble, even though I would really prefer one in clean condition. :( But hey, when you've been looking for so long and then one crops up, what do you do?

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 06:38:14 PM »
You jump on it, that's what!
Chris

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »
Bingo.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 06:51:05 PM »
Anthony,

The reason why most people do not post here is because they do not want lurkers stealing their posters.  If there is something you really want, and need advice, I strongly suggest you email people you believe can help you privately.  If this Raiders poster had 5 followers, it could have 20 by now.  This is why I never post any of my pending stuff.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 07:12:38 PM »
Yeah. That's why I didn't make any mention of it in General when I was asking about removing tape from paper, nor did I mention that I had potentially found one. While I appreciate the help, I do with CSM hadn't posted that link...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 07:47:51 PM »
I just meant this board, because if you look at the recent threads, there are several that are me. It's a little embarrassing.

That's because you're needy.  We're ALL needy, too. We needs to have certain posters.  hitself

T's right. PM or email us when you're looking for something rare.
APF has a whole boatload of unregistered guests.
It never fails to amaze me that when a cool poster gets posted here, there is a definite run to buy them on Ebay.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 08:03:01 PM »
Anthony...  I removed the link.  I'm sure Chris won't mind.

T
My Personal Collection

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »
Anthony...  I removed the link.  I'm sure Chris won't mind.

T

Thanks a bunch. I sent him a PM asking if he would mind taking it down but I think he might have been gone by then.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to clarify why I make threads in this board, because maybe I'm misusing it. In my mind, a thread in the Wanted forum means I'm declaring I'm looking for a poster. From there, when somebody sees that I'm interested in it, they would respond and we would carry a conversation out in private. Or, if somebody knows somebody with one, I would receive a private message indicating where I should look.

So if anybody knows where one might be that's not on eBay or eMovie or Heritage etc please let me know.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 10:30:31 PM »
In my mind, a thread in the Wanted forum means I'm declaring I'm looking for a poster. From there, when somebody sees that I'm interested in it, they would respond and we would carry a conversation out in private. Or, if somebody knows somebody with one, I would receive a private message indicating where I should look.

That's exactly what this section is for, Anthony, so it's all cool!
If someone knows of a poster on ebay, then that person in my opinion should contact the original topic starter privately with that information.  ;D
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2011, 11:20:49 PM »
I apologize for posting the link in public but I had no idea it was the same poster you were watching or that you had even found one yet.

Was only using the link as an example and I thought there was no harm as it is not a super, duper rare or unique item.

I am very glad Thierry removed it after your interest became known - hope you win it and are able to remove the tape!
Chris

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011, 11:21:40 PM »
Thanks a lot, though. I do really appreciate all the help I can get. :)