Author Topic: How do you organize your collection?  (Read 51053 times)

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
Re: How do you organize your collection?
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2012, 04:52:05 PM »
Just came across this on eBay - I think it's a stunner

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280828277087&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123

That is a pretty cabinet.  No idea on current exchange rates, but beyond my cheapskate means.
-Jay-

Juli

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2012, 04:53:43 PM »
I am very curious and I am asking anyone who wishes to answer. In the area(s) where you store your posters, is it climate controlled as in has air conditioning and heating?

Thanks

~ Juli

tstatum

« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2012, 06:02:48 PM »
Yes but only because my basement was already climate controlled.  Of course I'm not a person who worries to much about my poster. They are in a flat file laying right on top of each other no separation. I love my poster and hope nothing happens to them but any money spent on extra protection is less money spent on posters.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2017, 08:21:30 PM »
It is shocking to me that you don't display more of that beautiful eye candy.  You could probably fit a hundred or so posters on your walls, which would leave enough room in your file cabinets for maybe an entire month or two of new purchases.  8)

Here is my humble file cabinet and I have a few rolled in the utility closet that wouldn't fit in the flat file and/or I didn't want to contaminate the ones in the flat file.

Sharp looking cabinet there, Brandon.  cool1

In the years since, has this flat file gained a mate? Or is there still some room left in this one?

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2017, 05:07:43 PM »
Thanks. Yeah, I liked the style. It was nice having the recessed handles, and the drawers had kind of a pocket in the last 10 inches or so which prevented stuff from getting pushed over the top of the back of the drawers. 

I actually moved into a place with about half the square footage. A lot of stuff had to go, that cabinet included. It would have cost more to keep in storage than to just buy another, even a brand new one, after a few years.

It's part of the reason I cut down on my humble collection/collecting. Now I can relate to a lot of Japanese folks, who prefer the B2 and chirashi compared to B1 and larger fornats, due to limited space.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2017, 05:23:06 PM »
Sorry to hear that it had to go. But I understand, if space was an issue. Did a fellow poster collector get it from you?

In any case, it was a sharp looking setup.

How much of your collection have you trimmed away?

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2017, 08:18:37 PM »
Sorry to hear that it had to go. But I understand, if space was an issue. Did a fellow poster collector get it from you?

In any case, it was a sharp looking setup.

How much of your collection have you trimmed away?

It went to a woman who does paintings.

Probably about half.

Flat file cabinets are definitely the way to go.  They're the best, for various reasons, especially sorting through everything, and when showing visitors the collection, it's like being like a museum curator.  8)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:36:15 PM by Neo »