Author Topic: Animation Posters  (Read 4944 times)

Disheveledamethyst

Animation Posters
« on: February 02, 2011, 12:27:27 AM »
I'm a young poster collector who's niche is animation. I've been an animation fan as long as I can remember and have only in the last year or so started collecting animation memorabilia. I'm building my collection in stages, mostly working backwards through the decades. At the moment, I'm focusing on a few specific posters:

-Finding Nemo US 1-Sheet Advance A ("3.7 fish in the ocean")
-Finding Nemo UK Quad Advance A ("")
-Monsters, Inc UK Quad (Review poster w/ Ensemble Cast)
-Toy Story 2 UK Quad (http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4408/b30drhwwkkgrhqmokieeyvl.jpg <-This one!)
-Tangled US International
-Long shot: Who Framed Roger Rabbit US International

Does anybody have either of these kicking around? I've had some rotten luck with condition so only mint/near mint posters please.

Eventually I will expand my collection backward through the timeline through the Katzenberg era and as funds become more readily available as far back as I can possibly reach. So if you don't have any of these specific posters but happen to have animation posters in general, please set me up with some way to contact you and access your wares! I do a lot of repeat business and save every seller so please get in touch with me.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Animation Posters
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 11:47:31 AM »
it's always been weird to me that animation posters are not more in demand than they are.  They are certainly not talked about much on the forums.  Yet, 5 of 2010 top 10 grossing movies were animated, and one is nominated for an Oscar for best picture.  Pixar, Disney, DreamWorks and Fox are all providers of high quality flicks.  So what gives?

Anyhow, here's my little contribution to the medium: http://www.eatbrie.com/Animation.html  Like Disheveledamethyst, I've been thinking of expending in time, and will probably do so soon.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 12:43:22 PM »
Disney used to be highly sought, I believe their characters are no longer in as much demand because they no longer do the re-releases. Of course with home media now, they probably would not gross much, but that re-release schedule kept the characters "current" for each generation. I really believe that is why Disney jumped on Marvel as the Disney characters are slowly fading out of relevance and the Marvel stuff is smoking hot.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 01:43:38 PM »
Disney stuff is VERY sort after, it's more the older items, and not so much new stuff. Try and buy anything Disney pre 60's, and you will be paying a premium price for them. I have been trying to buy some Disney Christmas tree lights from the 40's/50's and are always out bid!

Edit:-  Great site T, I never look at other's web sites, maybe I'll start after seeing yours. Jollyfine stuff. And very well organised. thumbup
It's more than a Hobby...

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 07:04:00 PM »
Since I started this thread I've been digging and digging on the internet looking for posters and have come up with pretty much nothing. It's hard to find posters from the original release of any Disney film before 1993 because before home video, as it was mentioned, Disney released all of their properties every seven years.

Not that I don't expect paper on Peter Pan or Alice in Wonderland to be very rare, but the bulk of them are 80s re-releases that for the time being I'm not very interested in.

Classics aside, I still can't find Nemo posters. I am waiting on one Final to come in the mail that may or may not be too beat up for me to justify including in my collection but these posters are just nowhere.

On the bright side, I found an original production sketch from The Iron Giant with Brad Bird's approval signature on it. Happy day.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 07:25:37 PM »
Are you in the U.S. if so try searching the U.K. Ebay site. There always seems to be Nemo items for sale. Worth a look.
It's more than a Hobby...

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 08:30:32 PM »
I am in the US. I'm pretty sure my eBay profile is set up to show international sellers as well, but for the sake of it I gave it a look. There are a bunch of Quads, but unfortunately, none of the ones I want. I'll have to check back and see if anything comes up.