Movie Posters > Wanted

Poster flat file cabinet - seeking your recommendations

(1/5) > >>

Dread_Pirate_Mel:
To alleviate the poster chaos in my apt - see attached pic - I'm going to buy a flat file cabinet like many of you have.

Looking for recommendations, good experiences, bad experiences, etc.

Ideally - and that may not be possible - I'd like it to:

- be less than $200
- be available at a national chain (Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.) (mail order is definitely not preferred due to shipping costs)
- have room for 450 posters (most are 27x40, some are slightly larger (30x40 quads)
- be durable and easy to transport if/when I move

Thanks for any advice....

paul waines:
I do store quite a lot of my posters in a plan chest. It's an A0 size so it will fit quads in with no problem. I only store clean posters in it though, as I am concerned about contamination from things like tape or marks that might transfer, so any posters that have any thing like that on I store seperatly.

The plan chests are quite large, but very sturdy. They do swallow up a vast amount of posters, and you have a large surface on the top if you need to lay anything out. I picked mine up for £60 in the U.K. from Ebay, I am sure there must be something like these in the U.S. just be patiant though, and you will get one at a reasonable price, as they can go for quite a bit of money.

ddilts399:
I highly recommend you check for a used office store in your area to start with. You will save probably 70% on what a new setup will cost.

eatbrie:
I would strongly advise you to check your local Craig's List.  Companies get rid of stuff all the time.  I got my last 2 flat files, almost brand new, for $200.

Thierry

easyenders:

--- Quote from: paul waines on December 25, 2009, 11:46:55 AM ---I do store quite a lot of my posters in a plan chest. It's an A0 size so it will fit quads in with no problem. I only store clean posters in it though, as I am concerned about contamination from things like tape or marks that might transfer, so any posters that have any thing like that on I store seperatly.

The plan chests are quite large, but very sturdy. They do swallow up a vast amount of posters, and you have a large surface on the top if you need to lay anything out. I picked mine up for £60 in the U.K. from Ebay, I am sure there must be something like these in the U.S. just be patiant though, and you will get one at a reasonable price, as they can go for quite a bit of money.

--- End quote ---

Paul, was it just a one off or are there more on there? sounds like just what I need.

will

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version