Author Topic: Dark Knight international size question  (Read 15753 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Dark Knight international size question
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 10:20:00 PM »
DARK KNIGHT "F" INTERNATIONAL - ORIG DOUBLE SIDED ONE SHEET (27"X40") MOVIE POSTER.POSTER IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND ROLLED .THIS POSTER IS NOT REPRO OR REPRINT , THIS IS AN ORIGINAL THEATRICAL ONE SHEET MOVIE POSTER PRINTED BY NATIONAL SCREEN SERVICE .PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER AUCTIONS OF GREAT MOVIE MATERIAL ON EBAY THIS WEEK .ALL MY MERCHANDISE IS 100% GUARANTEED THAT IF FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER YOU WERE NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR PURCHASE YOU CAN RETURN IT FOR A PROMPT REFUND INCLUDING YOUR SHIPPING COSTS .I ACCEPT PAYMENTS OF PAYPAL. I SHIP WORLDWIDE . i COMBINE SHIPPING . THANKS , TOM

The guy is a brilliant crook.  He gave it a name... F and international, and made sure NSS printed it.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 10:24:14 PM »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 10:29:13 PM »
 sm1
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 07:55:57 AM »
Dave/Cinemasterpieces has it posted here but says "Not for sale. We have been informed that this is most likely not an original movie poster."  I'd like to know his source.  

This guy claims he got a similar door panel from Circuit City, the front of which is "embossed and textured."   The picture of the door panel is here.

MovieGoods is describing its copies as "New" which means reprint.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 08:33:26 AM »
Dave/Cinemasterpieces has it posted here but says "Not for sale. We have been informed that this is most likely not an original movie poster."  I'd like to know his source.  

This copy came from me; one of the two I bought.

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 02:13:06 PM »
dave should really change it to' THIS IS NOT AN ORIGINAL MOVIE POSTER'

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 04:55:11 PM »
The poster of the Joker from behind was printed officially for the German market as an A1 poster. Can anyone explain this image showing the Joker from the front, are these fly or wilding posters?

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 08:13:27 PM »
What about this Dark Knight quad?

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2011, 08:28:31 PM »
Cut subway perhaps?

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 08:30:49 PM »
Dale, I was just gonna say ...
... There is a subway with this image.

And for one, 'THEATER' in the UK would be 'THEATRE' ... and then again, the word 'CINEMA' would be used over here instead.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2011, 08:38:35 PM »
Cut subway perhaps?

Yeah, I shouldn't have assumed it is a quad just because it is 30"x40".

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2011, 07:20:04 AM »
There is no way that's a cut down subway poster.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2011, 09:35:12 AM »
It's one of the subway images though, right?
Interesting...
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2011, 09:58:02 AM »
I think it is a subway poster, maybe the dimensions are wrong on the listing. That is the subway image, 100% sure of that one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifong/2657141110/

guest8

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2011, 02:16:07 PM »
The poster of the Joker from behind was printed officially for the German market as an A1 poster. Can anyone explain this image showing the Joker from the front, are these fly or wilding posters?

Can you elaborate on this with some more info or pics?? The image of the Joker from behind with the knife in hand was only used on banners (as far as I know) .. and the image showing the front of the joker with a gun was used on some of the German posters (I own one) ...

Sadly I cant offer any more info on the wilding style posters you posted the picture of. :(

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2011, 03:30:43 PM »
Here is a shot of the US subway poster:

The link to the auction does show the right image, but obviously the dimensions are way off. I don't believe this was ever printed as a quad.

These are images for the German campaign:

The image of Batman from behind and Joker from behind were only printed as A1 as far as I know. The other 3 were printed as A1 and A0.

Would love to know if those IMAX wilding posters are legit, although if they are I'm sure they'd be a headache tracking them down!

guest8

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2011, 11:14:40 PM »
Thanks for the pics .. It looks like I have some more german posters to search for !! ;)

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
    • CineMasterpieces Movie Posters
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2015, 07:13:25 PM »

Has there been any new discussions on this board regarding this DARK KNIGHT 27x40 DS INTL one sheet?

http://www.cinemasterpieces.com/92010/dkjan10.jpg

Is it real? is it fake? is it a master bootleg? anyone have any definitive proof either way?

We only have one (I believe Ted sent it to us?) and have it listed on our site for reference only described as not original, mainly because of the information (or possibly misinformation) from this board. I put it on a shelf in the back years ago and forgot about it. The other day I came across it and gave it another look and it just baffles me! If it is a fake it is a masterpiece.

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2015, 07:24:15 PM »
also, I just looked on ebay and there are none for sale (please correct me if I'm wrong and one is listed and I did not see it).

With none listed, doesn't that suggest that they are not bootlegs? Is it possible that the "source" at Warner Bros. was mistaken saying that they never printed them?

Just trying to get to the bottom of this. If asking these questions offends anyone, well, tough noogies.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2015, 10:56:07 PM »
Yes, Dave, that's the poster I sent you.
I believe it is the Real McCoy.
You will notice that it measures up exactly as the same size as the other DS one-sheets in the campaign.
Lay them on top of one another.
It is also crystal clear and the reverse image is exactly as it should be -- pale (same density as the others in the campaign) and absolutely no registration issues.

As for the seller?
Had no history of selling posters and only had the two -- mine and yours.

I have counterfeits of other DS one sheets and if this Dark Knight poster is a phony, then it is absolutely the very best I have ever seen.
 cheers

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2015, 10:28:06 AM »

I'm also leaning towards believing they are real. Yes, loce sold them but that is not proof of anything really. Again, if they were fakes they would most likely be all over ebay constantly. And they are not.

and the fact that Ted got them from two different sellers right when the film came out or even before it came out and those sellers only had one or two and they haven't sold them since. Anyone care to try and explain that?

and again....I only have the one from Ted. I'm not sitting on a stack of them or anything like that. Just trying to determine the truth.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2015, 10:59:23 AM »
Maybe there are parallels with this LA Confidential Story in a sense.  Maybe the most obvious explanation is the simplest

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4071756

Heath Ledger died on Jan 22, 2008.  For a number of reasons, including Ledger being ominously and eerily front and center here, as well as initial curious circumstances around this death at the time, I suspect they had no choice but to drop this concept altogether.  
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:00:13 AM by Crazy Vick »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2015, 11:13:13 AM »
and the fact that Ted got them from two different sellers right when the film came out or even before it came out and those sellers only had one or two and they haven't sold them since. Anyone care to try and explain that?

You might've misunderstood me, Dave -- it was only one seller, not two.

I bought it out of curiosity and after receiving it, I asked if he had another.
Just one more, so I grabbed it before he listed it.

Movie Goods used to have one -- at one time -- marked as an original DS.
When I tried to buy it, it was out of stock.

Naysayers will claim that if Movie Goods had it, it must be bogus, but that isn't necessarily the truth as they often sold original posters which they clearly marked as such and had a much higher price.
I believe they were asking $50, but it was out of stock.
I asked if I could order one, they said that it was the only one they had.

They offered to sell me one of their reproductions, so I bought that one, marked it up and sold it to you.
Hahahaha.
Just kidding, Dave.

Obviously, I turned them down and kept the two I bought from the original seller, who never offered another for sale.
You saw it in my bucket and now it is yours, you lucky guy you.
 cheers

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2015, 11:42:32 AM »
There are a couple of those on ebay at the moment, from the same seller.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2015, 11:48:15 AM »
There are a couple of those on ebay at the moment, from the same seller.

Got a link?
I can't find it.