Author Topic: What's on your walls?  (Read 542713 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: What's on your walls?
« Reply #2050 on: January 19, 2021, 01:03:18 PM »
Hahaha I was like, wtf is he talking about?  That was sooo yesterday.  I then I scrolled up and saw that I reposted.  Yeah, that poster is something.  Not too many floating around hahaha.  It’s been rolled up and tucked away for years now.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2051 on: January 21, 2021, 11:26:23 PM »
I decided to put it up for a little while.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2052 on: January 21, 2021, 11:30:08 PM »
Very nice Laura 6 sheet, T!  I hope that cage below it stays empty?!
Okie

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #2053 on: January 22, 2021, 09:40:14 AM »
That's where he keeps the postmen for punishment when they deliver bent tubes

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2054 on: January 22, 2021, 11:30:49 AM »
Amazing Thierry!
Chris

Offline eric160634

• Beginner
« Reply #2055 on: January 22, 2021, 12:42:01 PM »
Absolutely beautiful poster T!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2056 on: January 22, 2021, 12:54:33 PM »
Thanks!

This is old stuff, so not of great interest, but I was looking at old pictures and realized that I've had a lot of Laura on my walls over the years.

My kids' nanny, who's never heard of the movie and never will, just said, "Oh, so you must really love this movie!!"  So astute.

T
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 12:58:59 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #2057 on: January 22, 2021, 01:54:13 PM »
That is an impressive Laura collection Thierry - the most "off the scale" gorgeous one for me is the French version.

Mark

Offline splinter

• Beginner
« Reply #2058 on: January 22, 2021, 02:57:47 PM »
I covet the "Laura" posters when I see them but they tend to get pricey at auction.

Actually, I covet most Tierney posters but the Laura ones especially.

Edit for spelling
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 04:06:29 PM by splinter »

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #2059 on: January 22, 2021, 03:04:58 PM »
not bad ;D i like photo of 3sheet and would want french poster the most if i was a rich man

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2060 on: January 22, 2021, 03:10:18 PM »
Agreed 100%, Mark.  I would also say that the French one is the rarest.  A long time French collector has seen 2 copies in 25 years.  Mine, and a bad condition one in Japan.  The French Cinémathèque doesn’t even own it. 

I’ve seen the 3 sheet only once, when I bought it, and the 6sht has only sold twice at HA and my copy is one of these. 

The one sheet, of course, is not rare.  But this one is folded.

It’s one of my top 10 movies and when I like, I must own all ;)

T
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 03:12:44 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #2061 on: January 22, 2021, 11:06:00 PM »
"Laura" is indeed a wonderful movie. That Waldo Lydecker, what a character!

I have the insert framed on my wall.

Anyone read the novel the movie was based on?  I have the book lying around my house somewhere but have never gotten around to reading it yet.

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #2062 on: January 23, 2021, 05:57:04 PM »
Deke, I did read the book by Vera Caspary that was the basis for "Laura", it's pretty good.  The film only changed a few minor things and is generally quite faithful to the book's plot.  The main improvement that the film made over the book lies in the stellar casting:  besides Tierney (who IMHO was even better in "Leave Her to Heaven", a movie she starred in the following year and which offered her a much more complex role than the relatively one-note Laura), Andrews and the always reliable Price, the decision to have Clifton Webb portray Waldo Lydecker elevated that character to something truly memorable.

Offline ealingmovieposters

• Beginner
« Reply #2063 on: January 23, 2021, 08:26:59 PM »
Looking at some of these great images of the classical ladies, I often think back to when I was single (20 odd years ago) and what I had on my walls back then. Anyway nowadays my 'trouble and strive' gets a say in what goes up in our living room.

Regards

Ian

Offline Steven11788

• Beginner
« Reply #2064 on: January 30, 2021, 09:34:34 PM »
lots of good walls in here lately

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2065 on: January 30, 2021, 09:59:00 PM »

I love this poster.  I have tried to get a folded version three times now, and I have missed three times.  Maybe one day.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2066 on: February 02, 2021, 09:46:57 PM »
Thanks for posting some of your great poster images, Ealing!  Okie

Offline AnthonyFR

• Beginner
« Reply #2067 on: March 06, 2021, 08:37:38 AM »
I find Laura's 6sheet really splendid! The drawing is just superb!

Personally, I don't have such big walls to afford this (and the budget as well).
I'm mostly eyeing the 1st Half Sheet (even if it's just a photo and not the drawing of the 6sheet) and maybe the average French poster (the famous scene where Gene Tierney gets interrogated)

These are the posters that are on my walls at the moment. Near the Locandinas, there is a 1970 calendar wich made on set of the movie 'Moon Zero Two' (a minor Hammer film)
The Belgian poster of "Creature from the Black Lagoon" very practical to hide the wires in the bathroom; -)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2068 on: March 06, 2021, 10:37:09 AM »
Beautiful assortment of posters, Anthony.  Congratulations.

You said "at the moment", so do you switch your posters around frequently?

T
My Personal Collection

Offline ealingmovieposters

• Beginner
« Reply #2069 on: March 06, 2021, 10:47:21 AM »
Great gallery Anthony, that 'Disembodied' reminded me of an Argentine poster that has been on Ebay for months, that I have been watching, it would display well - https://www.ebay.com/itm/407-THE-DISEMBODIED-Argentinean-1957-female-voodoo-witch-doctor-Allison-Hayes/383353518313 - someone grab it please - so I am not tempted   :)
Regards

Ian

Offline AnthonyFR

• Beginner
« Reply #2070 on: March 06, 2021, 02:29:07 PM »
I try to change my displays once or twice a year. Except 'One Million Years BC', the locandinas (because I only have these) and the 'Mole People' Lobby Card (I only have this US set).

Moreover, behind the frame of the 'Frankenstein created woman' German poster, there is another frame with an other German poster, and we can see on the ground other frames (US one sheet of Dracula has risen from the grave, which itself hides two other frames from Tarantula and the Creature Walk among Us). I store all my framed posters where I can, I don't have much space

For the 'Disembodied' poster, I admit I never saw the film, but I liked the design. Usually I always watch the films when I buy the posters (or vice versa, I watch a film then I am interested in the poster if I liked the film).

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #2071 on: March 07, 2021, 07:48:10 PM »
Thank you for sharing these pics of your collection, you have some fantastic posters displayed on your walls, congrats!  I love The Hound of Baskervilles UK quad, it's quite a rarity.  Great folded copy of that iconic 20 Million Years BC quad too!

I wish I would take the time to frame more posters myself, and also to rotate the ones I have hanging on my walls like you do.  Unfortunately I never seem to find the time these days  :(

Offline AnthonyFR

• Beginner
« Reply #2072 on: March 09, 2021, 12:49:26 PM »
Yes, I find some UK QUad very beautiful. I will try to show some of my collection.
I bought this One Million Quad from a 'Hammer' UK collector so I think (hope) Harryhausen's signature is authentic

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2073 on: March 09, 2021, 04:17:29 PM »
Since there is no way to prove that a signature is authentic, it is only authentic if you believe it is.  Some people will spend a lot of money on signed items, while others, like yours truly, will run away from them at all cost.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Heather_Mason_SH3

• Beginner
« Reply #2074 on: March 10, 2021, 08:36:21 PM »
I'm still working on filling up my wall space as I get better frames and more posters.

This is my favorite so far, a set of video store posters for the Angel trilogy and it really nicely fills up this side of the room! There's also an Australian daybill for "Melvin, Son Of Alvin".

My Shout Factory movie posters - going to take them down eventually with better frames and re-organize this wall.

Video store posters and then a Shout Factory Lithograph.
Going to take these down really soon and have it as my "Slumber Party Massacre" wall with the original theatrical poster for the first film and the video store posters for the second and third films. The lithograph is staying where it currently is. :)

This one is next to the Shout Factory posters and a bit out of place - hoping it can go to a better spot when I re-organize and have more frames!